hibs.net Messageboard

Grounds Pic Quiz, Day 1

Many of us are missing football at the moment and I was looking at ways of filling the gap.
    As some of you will know I have been photographing the Hibs youth teams for a few years now, this goes back to 2013 and has covered the Under 21’s, Development, East Of Scotland and Reserve Leagues, also various Cup competitions including EoS League Cup, King Cup, various Challenge Cups and the Scottish FA Youth Cup as well as many friendlies. These games have seen me visit many venues to see, photograph and support the youth teams.
    During lockdown I decided to tidy up some photos, a bigger task than I first though. Some of these photos made me question if I could even remember where the photos were taken.

So, to get to the point, I thought it might be a good idea to use these photos as a Football Grounds Quiz.
    I will post two photos of two grounds/stadiums each day. There are 54 different locations to be identified, many should be very easy to recognise but others may even give the local groundsman a problem. However, there is something unique in each set of photos to help identify where it is. All photos have been taken from within the ground, either pitch-side or from the stand. (I don’t expect anyone to get every answer correct).

There is no prize at the moment but that could change. Please don’t give your answers right away, just take a note of where you think it is and let me know your answers at the end after Day 27. (I will repost them all again at the end). You could answer Aye, Naw and Maybe as we go just to see how we are all doing. There are also many well-known players featured, you can name them when you spot them. The quiz is a bit random with some recent, other from seven years ago, the majority are in Scotland but not exclusively. (Just to let know there are a few from the same location but different pitches (so to get full point you will have to be precise in you answer). Good Luck.

1_GroundPicA-79.jpg1_GroundPicB-80.jpg2_GroundPicA-41.jpg2_GroundPicB-42.jpg

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm a dumbass, didn't read it properly

good idea actually, will try to follow along.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Cheers Mo

1 - Aye
    2 - Naw
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Aye to both today (I think).
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye aye I think.
    Thanks Mo.

Oops, sorry, don't post answers

Aye and Aye
    Last edited by Keith_M; 23-05-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Aye
    Aye
    Great stuff Maurice.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 23-05-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Aye defo

&

Aye thought it was cheers Keith M

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye defo

&

Aye thought it was cheers Keith M

Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    1 - Aye
    2 - Naw
    Having looked more closely, and with the help of Google, Aye and Aye.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I always thought the seated terracing behind the goal in the second picture was dead smart. I think it's been the same since I've been watching football.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Many of us are missing football at the moment and I was looking at ways of filling the gap.
    As some of you will know I have been photographing the Hibs youth teams for a few years now, this goes back to 2013 and has covered the Under 21’s, Development, East Of Scotland and Reserve Leagues, also various Cup competitions including EoS League Cup, King Cup, various Challenge Cups and the Scottish FA Youth Cup as well as many friendlies. These games have seen me visit many venues to see, photograph and support the youth teams.
    During lockdown I decided to tidy up some photos, a bigger task than I first though. Some of these photos made me question if I could even remember where the photos were taken.

So, to get to the point, I thought it might be a good idea to use these photos as a Football Grounds Quiz.
    I will post two photos of two grounds/stadiums each day. There are 54 different locations to be identified, many should be very easy to recognise but others may even give the local groundsman a problem. However, there is something unique in each set of photos to help identify where it is. All photos have been taken from within the ground, either pitch-side or from the stand. (I don’t expect anyone to get every answer correct).

There is no prize at the moment but that could change. Please don’t give your answers right away, just take a note of where you think it is and let me know your answers at the end after Day 27. (I will repost them all again at the end). You could answer Aye, Naw and Maybe as we go just to see how we are all doing. There are also many well-known players featured, you can name them when you spot them. The quiz is a bit random with some recent, other from seven years ago, the majority are in Scotland but not exclusively. (Just to let know there are a few from the same location but different pitches (so to get full point you will have to be precise in you answer). Good Luck.

1_GroundPicA-79.jpg1_GroundPicB-80.jpg2_GroundPicA-41.jpg2_GroundPicB-42.jpg
    1 Aye
    2 Aye

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I always thought the seated terracing behind the goal in the second picture was dead smart. I think it's been the same since I've been watching football.
    I remember watching games there when it was still standing on that big terrace.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Aye, Aye

First Team Breakthrough
    Aye & Aye

Aye aye

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Aye Aye
    I was at the game in box 2, had to really get my think cap on, to remember the play on the right in photo 2. He went off injured just after half time