hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 52 of 52
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,292
    Interesting what if. Hearts stay in the Premiership and Stendal's already bagged a new gig. Who owes who what? How does ,"our Daniel" get into these I was sacked, he wasn't, I had an agreement, but we were never relegated situations

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Testimonial Due Davy Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Joppa
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poll over on keechback shows a large majority of them want him to stay on 🤪

    Couldn’t think of a worse candidate to lead them out of the championship. Reckon they’ll opt for Robbo
    Robbo will not take it after suffering previous. Happy up the road.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,586
    Given that there won’t be football anytime soon, Hearts should be able to use that time wisely to restructure their footballing department with a smaller squad with emphasis on reasonable quality over quantity, a fresh face as manager with a clear plan on how he would like to play and a squad based around that, a proper scouting team after Stendal lamenting the fact he had to oversee that area himself, and a football director to oversee the whole show.

    Budge’s heart is in the right place, but she desperately needs help running the football department but chose the wrong horse by putting too much faith in Levein. A club with their resources, fan base, stadium and training facilities should be a strong presence in the top flight, but they only have themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in. If Budge learns from her mistakes she has a chance to return a stronger club to the premier league. Wasting time threatening legal action and drawing up fruitless restructuring plans over months will just eat into that opportunity.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    29,148
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wouldn't be surprised if Hearts gave the job to Gary Naismith think he is working at the club and has recent experience with QOS and East Fife. May be a relatively cheap option but think he did ok at queens in the main. Also thinks he speaks quite well and seems a decent guy (watched his Open goal interview). Maybe supported by Jeffries as DOF and struggling Billy and Lockey. Who knows just a thought.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.
    Stendal will hardly be wanted material in the football world. He's really no choice but to stay at the hideous institution and keep stealing money from the foolish direct debit payees.

    Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that there won’t be football anytime soon, Hearts should be able to use that time wisely to restructure their footballing department with a smaller squad with emphasis on reasonable quality over quantity, a fresh face as manager with a clear plan on how he would like to play and a squad based around that, a proper scouting team after Stendal lamenting the fact he had to oversee that area himself, and a football director to oversee the whole show.

    Budge’s heart is in the right place, but she desperately needs help running the football department but chose the wrong horse by putting too much faith in Levein. A club with their resources, fan base, stadium and training facilities should be a strong presence in the top flight, but they only have themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in. If Budge learns from her mistakes she has a chance to return a stronger club to the premier league. Wasting time threatening legal action and drawing up fruitless restructuring plans over months will just eat into that opportunity.
    Fair points, but if they actually do any of that it's now your fault.
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,655
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting what if. Hearts stay in the Premiership and Stendal's already bagged a new gig. Who owes who what? How does ,"our Daniel" get into these I was sacked, he wasn't, I had an agreement, but we were never relegated situations

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    That reminds me. Is the legal battle around Stendel’s departure from Barnsley still ongoing? Could Hearts still be hit with a bill for compensation to Barnsley?

  9. #38
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    25,305
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That reminds me. Is the legal battle around Stendel’s departure from Barnsley still ongoing? Could Hearts still be hit with a bill for compensation to Barnsley?

    TBH, I don't see how Barnsley would have a legitimate claim to compensation. They're the ones that dumped Stendal.

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    UK
    Age
    85
    Posts
    16,392
    Potter might talk Chuckie into giving him one last shot at getting a medal.
    All of the above is 'IMO'

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    MORAYSHIRE SCOTLAND
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.

    The problem Stendel has is that it’s Hearts or the dole. With his record I cannot see prospective employers queuing round the block to appoint him as a coach or manager of their football club

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that there won’t be football anytime soon, Hearts should be able to use that time wisely to restructure their footballing department with a smaller squad with emphasis on reasonable quality over quantity, a fresh face as manager with a clear plan on how he would like to play and a squad based around that, a proper scouting team after Stendal lamenting the fact he had to oversee that area himself, and a football director to oversee the whole show.

    Budge’s heart is in the right place, but she desperately needs help running the football department but chose the wrong horse by putting too much faith in Levein. A club with their resources, fan base, stadium and training facilities should be a strong presence in the top flight, but they only have themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in. If Budge learns from her mistakes she has a chance to return a stronger club to the premier league. Wasting time threatening legal action and drawing up fruitless restructuring plans over months will just eat into that opportunity.

    When you say Budge’s heart is in the right place, what do you mean?

    Looking in, she seems to have the narcissistic personality all too common in people who become CEOs - over-blown ego, fond of bragging, and unable to accept criticism or personal responsibility.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,682
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His record in league games was:

    Won: 2
    Drew: 4
    Lost: 7


    The other three wins were in the Scottish Cup (Airdrie, Falkirk, The Rangers)
    Appallingly those two leagues wins were against us and rangers.

  14. #43
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    8,971
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say Budge’s heart is in the right place, what do you mean?
    Presumably that it's behind the fourth rib down on the left.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting what if. Hearts stay in the Premiership and Stendal's already bagged a new gig. Who owes who what? How does ,"our Daniel" get into these I was sacked, he wasn't, I had an agreement, but we were never relegated situations

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    They have been relegated.
    They may get back in via some kind of help the hearts reconstruction but that does take away their reward of being the worst team in the league.

    Funny how all the bad news about COVID19 gets mentioned all the time but not the fact it turned hearts into a team that would win their next 8 games.

  16. #45
    First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is out of contract hearts wont want him. Theyll go for a cheap option like giving it to Naismith as player manager.
    “player” 😀😀😀😂😂

  17. #46
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,955
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    We should start a fund for getting Stendal back , managers like that need to stay around for as long as possible

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Potter might talk Chuckie into giving him one last shot at getting a medal.
    At first this seems highly unlikely given the distain of the fans towards CL, one of AB many many many problems is she has nobody to help her in the football front including either appointing a new manager/coaching team.

    I can see her trying to keep CL on as a football consultant to help her with the next manager appointment and player recruitment (in and out).

  19. #48
    Testimonial Due Paisley Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Shaky Toon
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Squealing pig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should start a fund for getting Stendal back , managers like that need to stay around for as long as possible
    I'll happily chip in for that 😂

  20. #49
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,150
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What of? Schnapps?
    Haw!! Seriously, the Jam Tarts who have the nerve to drift into my neck of Corstorphine all reckon he's worth another go.

    He has lifted the spirits (apparently) and don't forget - they humped us recently.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haw!! Seriously, the Jam Tarts who have the nerve to drift into my neck of Corstorphine all reckon he's worth another go.

    He has lifted the spirits (apparently) and don't forget - they humped us recently.
    I actually think there’s a manager in there given time. I hope he leaves.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually think there’s a manager in there given time. I hope he leaves.
    To me, I think that his game plan is much more entertaining than what they've had before. Also,they did play better in the derby than any other Hertz team I've seen in recent years. I hope he leaves too.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,129
    I don't think he's been proven to be a poor manager. He was probably the wrong choice to bring in mid season unless they were prepared to make more radical changes to their squad. He has his teams playing a high tempo game and pressing high up the park. It was fairly obvious they didn't have the players to do that. If they get rid of the dead wood on big wages then I could see him doing well enough with the young players with some suitable experience brought in. On balance I'd rather he left and they bring some diddy like Robbo in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved