hibs.net Messageboard

Any footage of the Eddie may new years Derby winner??

Remember the game well and one of the best atmospheres I've seen at Easter Road.

Packed into the old East terracing like sardines, the crowd was given as 27,500 at the time but have never seen any footage??

Jingle bells jingle bells 🎶

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember the game well and one of the best atmospheres I've seen at Easter Road.

Packed into the old East terracing like sardines, the crowd was given as 27,500 at the time but have never seen any footage??

Similarly i would love to see footage of the October 87 Derby 2 1 win if anyone has it

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

I think it’s on the Goals against Hearts video.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Was hoping to transfer a bunch of Hibs footage and others from video to Dvd or to cloud. But when I plunged it in and played, chewed the tape... :(
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

That game wasn't on TV so you'll be lucky to get any footage. Was it a header? I'd forgotten about that game to be honest.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    That game wasn't on TV so you'll be lucky to get any footage. Was it a header? I'd forgotten about that game to be honest.
    An Eddie May winner against Hearts at Easter Road is one of my earliest clear Hibs memories. Not sure if it was the same game as the one the thread is about, but the goal came down Hibs' left hand side, a low cross was put into the net by May. From memory, we hit the post with a very similar move shortly after.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    An Eddie May winner against Hearts at Easter Road is one of my earliest clear Hibs memories. Not sure if it was the same game as the one the thread is about, but the goal came down Hibs' left hand side, a low cross was put into the net by May. From memory, we hit the post with a very similar move shortly after.
    Into the Cowshed end? Eddie May slid in at backpost

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    My memory of Eddie May is a night game fourth of January 1989 1-0 win being in the East going radge when he scored last game I attended with my dear old Dad my abiding memory is seeing my Dad getting sucked away from me on a sea of euphoria

There was also an earlier Saturday afternoon game 17/10/1987 I don’t think we had beat Hearts for about 10 years Eddie May gave us an early lead after Henry could not hold Kano’s shot from an Orr free-kick fat Robbo equalised and Kano headed the winner from an Eddie May corner
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 17-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    My memory of Eddie May is a night game fourth of January 1989 1-0 win being in the East going radge when he scored last game I attended with my dear old Dad my abiding memory is seeing my Dad getting sucked away from me on a sea of euphoria

There was also an earlier Saturday afternoon game 17/10/1987 I don’t think we had beat Hearts for about 10 years Eddie May gave us an early lead after Henry could not hold Kano’s shot from an Orr free-kick fat Robbo equalised and Kano headed the winner from an Eddie May corner
    My sister lived in Balfour Street at the time and said to me afterwards the roar was huge.

Never seen footage of either of these games.

The two one win in 87 was Goram's first derby. Can remember kane header and both sets of fans on the pitch. I was in the old cow shed. My first derby experience

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    It’s a May Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    It’s a May Day!

When he scored the winner versus Celtic in the 4-3 game with the diving header this old guy in the East turned to me with hands held aloft and proudly proclaimed “ Eddie May a star is born!”

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Think that's the one I'm thinking of.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I think it’s on the Goals against Hearts video.
    Unfortunately it’s not. Some good viewing on the video which has been uploaded to YouTube - some great goals and the pitch invader with child on shoulders at the end of the Geebsie derby at Tynecastle is always worth a watch

Left by mutual consent!
    As others have said the game wasn't on TV so unlikely there will be any footage (although footage of the 4-3 Scottish Cup win over Celtic in which Eddie also scored the clincher was unearthed again not that long ago so I guess there's always hope!).

In the meantime here's Eddie putting Hibs ahead at Ibrox in early 1987. Great goal (game finished 1-1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfcmnQ1RCjE

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    As others have said the game wasn't on TV so unlikely there will be any footage (although footage of the 4-3 Scottish Cup win over Celtic in which Eddie also scored the clincher was unearthed again not that long ago so I guess there's always hope!).

In the meantime here's Eddie putting Hibs ahead at Ibrox in early 1987. Great goal (game finished 1-1).

Quality finish

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

It was the Celtic View that filmed the 4-3 cup tie. I bought a copy from them

That's the game, kano hit the post soon after.
    And in the last minute Goram had a great save from wee fat robbo.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It was the Celtic View that filmed the 4-3 cup tie. I bought a copy from them
    Sure that’s not right, my Dad bought it from a wee shop in Abbeyhill I think, who had done some deal with a Hibs to film games, though it petered out very quickly, I think he might have bought another game as well. The quality was not great, no commentary of course, but we thought it was great.

He’s probably still got them stored away somewhere, need to ask him.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Eddie May was heavily involved in my first game at ER. Valentine’s Day 1987. Eddie scored the first in a 4-1 win against Clydebank and was later stretchered off after colliding with the post. My memory is hazy in that I can’t remember if he got injured scoring the goal or if it was later on. Only 5000 at the game!

Eddie May a star is born!

Scottish Cup QF

Hibs 4 v 3 Celtic

Cowan 2 one pen
    Chisholm
    May

https://youtu.be/uqvQTxKp5Ag
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-05-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    Similarly i would love to see footage of the October 87 Derby 2 1 win if anyone has it
    That was amazing. Dont think there was camaras though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    The two one win in 87 was Goram's first derby. Can remember kane header and both sets of fans on the pitch. I was in the old cow shed. My first derby experience
    I was in the cow shed as my foot was in a cast. Hated not being in the East but watching it go mental was pretty good to.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Sure that’s not right, my Dad bought it from a wee shop in Abbeyhill I think, who had done some deal with a Hibs to film games, though it petered out very quickly, I think he might have bought another game as well. The quality was not great, no commentary of course, but we thought it was great.

He’s probably still got them stored away somewhere, need to ask him.
    I certainly got my copy from the Celtic View. They filmed every Celtic game, home and away

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I certainly got my copy from the Celtic View. They filmed every Celtic game, home and away
    Got mine -a VHS tape with no markings-from a shop on Haymarket Terrace - they had set up a camera above the tunnel - they were doing a roaring trade - still got it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Eddie May was heavily involved in my first game at ER. Valentine’s Day 1987. Eddie scored the first in a 4-1 win against Clydebank and was later stretchered off after colliding with the post. My memory is hazy in that I can’t remember if he got injured scoring the goal or if it was later on. Only 5000 at the game!
    That was my 2nd or 3rd Hibs game. Then Clydebank put us out the Scottish Cup the following Saturday at Kilbowie!