hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official Site: REWIND | TIME FOR HEROES

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Nice one. There are some great ideas coming out of the club just now.

Costing me more now than it was actually going to the matches..but I'll be there

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    God they are getting good at taking our money

Great to see the ‘Famous Five a Day’ food poverty programme being run by the Community Foundation being supported by this - all funds raised from the virtual pie kiosk will go towards supplies for the local families in need.

@hibs.net private member
    Gave TFH a watch last night for the second time since it came out in 2016. The piano hits you right in the feels 💚

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gave TFH a watch last night for the second time since it came out in 2016. The piano hits you right in the feels 💚
    Yep. It's when the bus returns to Easter Road and we see them taking the cup out of the bus and parading it in front of everybody, Cummings shouting "We did it bayyybbbeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a way that would normally be annoying and everyone partying.

I wanted and needed to be with my old man after the game as he wasn't well enough at the time to make the game so as soon as Glory Glory had finished and a Hibees Bounce was had I was straight on the train back up the East coast. Was sat in a fairly quiet part of the train, only to hear a table of Rangers fans moaning about two penalties they should have had, how they were by far the better team and we were lucky and just had a wee flashback to so many previous finals, semi finals and feeling the same way as they did. I did not have one scrap of sympathy or empathy for them though

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Nice one. There are some great ideas coming out of the club just now.
    Ah, I forgot how great an idea it is to charge us money to watch something we likely have a DVD of in the house or can access for free online. Nothing creative here in the slightest. The club can do better. I'll stick to my copy of Time for Heroes as I already subscribe to Hibs TV.

Got my ticket but might miss the KO i hope there are no early goals

Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    Ah, I forgot how great an idea it is to charge us money to watch something we likely have a DVD of in the house or can access for free online. Nothing creative here in the slightest. The club can do better. I'll stick to my copy of Time for Heroes as I already subscribe to Hibs TV.
    If it helps keep us going and brings hundreds of us together to enjoy an afternoon of escapism whilst also doing good then I'm all for it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It’s free to watch the match, they are charging for some virtual programme thing and a phone wallpaper. If it helps keep the club going then it’s a good idea. Got to get money coming in somehow.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 13-05-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Costing me more now than it was actually going to the matches..but I'll be there

Song for Hibees waiting for that day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnih1-VX74M
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 13-05-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Was lucky to be at Tynecastle on 1 Jan 1973 and will never forget it.

But 21 May 2016 was on a whole new level. Far and away the most amazing, surreal, mind-blowing day I've ever experienced at any football match by a factor of 10. Even now, 4 years on, I find myself asking if it really did happen ? So, I NEED things like this to keep reminding me of Anthony Stokes on fire and THAT goal by Sir David Gray.

Scenes

Left by mutual consent!
    Some real negative people in the world

Sure, we can all watch a DVD or Youtube for free any time. But this is about re-sharing the experience of the greatest day you will ever have at a match, on the 4th anniversary - along with thousands of others who feel the same way. There are worse ways of spending £5

Watch your DVD then and don’t contribute, no one is forcing you.

Ridiculous this is the stance some people take, it’s a good idea for the club to help raise more money. You might not want to pay but to have a dig at the club is mental.

What's a better creative option given we're all housebound?

Hey, it’s my role to be the resident miserable ******* here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    On the contrary, asking (And probably getting) people to pay cash for something they already have is very creative. It's almost Ponzi-esque in its simple beauty.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    On the contrary, asking (And probably getting) people to pay cash for something they already have is very creative. It's almost Ponzi-esque in its simple beauty.
    On the opposite side Crops, we must have 20,000 fans or so who didn’t buy it. About time they watched and paid to enjoy it!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The e- programme with previously unseen images is worth a fiver you miserable get.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    .......and a damn fine job you do too

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to take anyone's crown

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The e- programme with previously unseen images is worth a fiver you miserable get.
    Once more without the petty insults, Mr Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    .......and a damn fine job you do too
    Thank you. And the older I get the better I get at it .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

As I have recently retired I shall put aside the time and gather a goodly selection of fine beers to consume. Seems a decent way to get us together with a chance to win a decent prize if you fancy.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    What's a better creative option given we're all housebound?
    I'm not a marketing, sales or whatever role it falls into person, it's not my job. I can point out flaws though, my lack of education beyond O grades does not exclude me from being critical. If I was I would have chipped in

I'm not a marketing, sales or whatever role it falls into person, it's not my job. I can point out flaws though, my lack of education beyond O grades does not exclude me from being critical. If I was I would have chipped in
    In that case watch your DVD and enjoy it - and I quite genuinely mean that. I'm quite glad to be able to help the club out in a small way and join a community of Hibs fans happy to enjoy our comfort blanket one more time. We all win.

Pointing out flaws without finding the joy in things isn't a cheery existence.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Its just me and my wife in the house during lockdown. Mrs Topographic is from Hun-ish, blue-nose stock.

Bloody right we will be watching it from start to finish....!!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Its just me and my wife in the house during lockdown. Mrs Topographic is from Hun-ish, blue-nose stock.

Bloody right we will be watching it from start to finish....!!!
    No goading when it's over.....