hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SPFL restart plans

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Zero chance of this.

Old Firm won’t use other stadiums.

Can’t see Hamilton wanting to give up home 3G advantage for example.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s no reference to which season this applies. Please tell me it applies to the new season, whenever that can be started.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Surely that doesn’t mean that they are actually thinking about allowing a number of fans into stadiums as long as social distancing can be adhered to..I might need to go looking for some of the replies to that suggestion on another thread. ;)

“With the view to return Scottish football in the safest way possible, the group say centralised ‘hubs’ would keep match day resourcing to a minimum and allow for the highest level of safety for spectators.”

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Zero chance of this.

I’m presuming Hampden would be the West base, and possibly Murrayfield for the East
    Will be an issue in the West on social distancing, if they only allow the stadium to be half full
    Won’t be a problem at Murrayfield though

If we were to play at Murrayfield we could easily have 10,000 fans in every 6th seat. Entry and exit will be the challenge but it could be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hub based model seemed to be the preferred route in England a few weeks ago but has since been kicked into touch after a number of clubs objected to it.
    The concern had been that if clubs played at home, fans would still head to the stadium even if only to stand outside (the assumption being that all games will be closed doors). The objection from certain clubs related to losing home advantage and the argument that they have a good enough relationship with their support to encourage them not to turn up to the home stadium and risk getting the club in trouble with authorities. Moving games to a neutral hub would reduce the level of control clubs feel they may have over supporters.

IMO there is no chance of games being played with supporters in a stadium this year.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the games in Germany go this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This sort of communication is a positive step in the right direction. No one has the answers yet but working out all the potential routes that could be taken and sharing them is exactly what the governing body should be doing.
    I can’t see how any of the member clubs could argue about this. Of course some will as it won’t suit their agenda but then at least it’s clear for the world to see where the problem is or who the problem is.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    This sort of communication is a positive step in the right direction. No one has the answers yet but working out all the potential routes that could be taken and sharing them is exactly what the governing body should be doing.
    I can’t see how any of the member clubs could argue about this. Of course some will as it won’t suit their agenda but then at least it’s clear for the world to see where the problem is or who the problem is.
    Agreed. This is a good first step and the proper way to do things.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

The hub ideas surely wouldn’t work with pitches cutting up etc. Playing on 3G it would probably more possible !

If the top league starts new season then assume lower league teams like Hearts will also ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Zero chance of this.

What's not to like about their gazebos

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    The hub ideas surely wouldn’t work with pitches cutting up etc. Playing on 3G it would probably more possible !

If the top league starts new season then assume lower league teams like Hearts will also ?
    Elite football will start first.

Championship (Hearts) after.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

Listening to Clyde just now, they think the Hubs will be for lower league teams

I am assuming these hubs will be at grounds with plastic pitches as grass wouldnt cope and as a consequence behind closed doors.

So it looks like Killie, Livi, Falkirk, Raith will get the closed doors games
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 14-05-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Good question about the lower league teams like Hearts. It might be more difficult for the lower league teams like Hearts to find a suitable hub stadium, although the lower league teams like Hearts will typically have fewer fans. We can't underestimate the financial impact on the lower league teams like Hearts...not least because to do so would be to deny ourselves the opportunity to piss ourselves laughing.

Smaller lower division clubs like hearts will maybe have to play at the toni macaroni stadium as their hub?
    Hubs is a good way of getting the little teams of our city reintroduced to football after not really playing it this last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Smaller lower division clubs like hearts will maybe have to play at the toni macaroni stadium as their hub?
    Hubs is a good way of getting the little teams of our city reintroduced to football after not really playing it this last year.
    A lot will depend on the Betfred Cup Draw. Historically both Hibs and Hearts have been in the Northern sections. Once they do the draw, they can then do the hub planning

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Good question about the lower league teams like Hearts. It might be more difficult for the lower league teams like Hearts to find a suitable hub stadium, although the lower league teams like Hearts will typically have fewer fans. We can't underestimate the financial impact on the lower league teams like Hearts...not least because to do so would be to deny ourselves the opportunity to piss ourselves laughing.

Very funny, although I never count my chickens (or budgies) with these ****ers. Something horrible might happen as normal.

I personally think this is a pile of horse****, I seriously do not think there will be any football in this country this year unless they find a cure for this virus, Sturgeon will simply not allow it.

Left by mutual consent!
    How about just making this the future of top flight Scottish football? A single 'hub' closed-doors stadium for all Premier matches to be played one after the other on the same day. Removes all costs associated with clubs having to have their own stadiums and they could cut a decent TV deal due to the fact fans of all top flight clubs would be keen to sign up for seeing their team each week. It also ticks a lot of boxes for the 'new normal' Covid-19 world by having no fans travelling around the country. You wouldn't even need a conventional stadium. Just an artificial surface, space for TV cameras and four big walls covered in advertising.

Fanciful? Perhaps, but I don't doubt something of that ilk hasn't already crossed the minds of some of the more cynical club owners.

Oh, and as for the lower league clubs like Hearts, they could just be shut down.
    Last edited by G B Young; 14-05-2020 at 06:02 PM.

I might be wrong, but the discussions seem to be at quite an early stage just now.

To keep two metres distance between fans, you would only be able to use roughly every fourth seat. If we had the option of using Murrayfield, that would mean you could (potentially) have up to 17,000 fans in attendance.

Personally, I wouldn't mind us playing at Murrayfield (if it is an option), if it meant we could actually get in to watch the games.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I personally think this is a pile of horse****, I seriously do not think there will be any football in this country this year unless they find a cure for this virus, Sturgeon will simply not allow it.
    Is it not better to plan for every eventuality no matter how unlikely than to just sit and twiddle your thumbs?

Clubs make quite a big from hospitality.

Could you even lower teams like Hearts not being given the chance to make money from tickets or hospitality...

Plus sponsorship etc would be down for all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I might be wrong, but the discussions seem to be at quite an early stage just now.

To keep two metres distance between fans, you would only be able to use roughly every fourth seat. If we had the option of using Murrayfield, that would mean you could (potentially) have up to 17,000 fans in attendance.

Personally, I wouldn't mind us playing at Murrayfield (if it is an option), if it meant we could actually get in to watch the games.
    It's half that, as you could only do every second row too.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    It's half that, as you could only do every second row too.

That's a good point but you can get round that by staggering which seats are used in each row.

e.g.

x - - - x - - |
    - - x - - - x -
    x - - - x - - |
    Last edited by Keith_M; 14-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Nah, Easter Road only for the Uber fans in first 5k season tickets sales 😁

That's a good point but you can get round that by staggering which seats are used in each row.

e.g.

x - - - x - - - x
    - - x - - - x - -
    x - - - x - - - x
    You should join the restart panel

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

Being in the championship will be a double whammy for hearts as there will not be as much cash floating around to get that league started. The priority will quite rightly be for the top teams.

Nae joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You should join the restart panel

I've offered but I'm under an injunction already to keep a minimum of 500m from at least three of the panel as it is.

Apparently, I'm really annoying

p.s. My wife just read this post and said she is willing to vouch for the 'annoying' part.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 14-05-2020 at 06:37 PM.