hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 213

Thread: Hibs ladies

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    I will make a donation but I feel that HIBS need to decide whether they want a Ladies team or not especially now with Celtic and The Rangers offering their Ladies professional contracts and snapping up all the best available talent
    The HIBS Ladies have done us proud so far but I feel we are coming to a watershed moment time for the Club to pony up or ship them out
    I have nothing against HIBS Ladies and enjoy watching their games and style of play on YouTube
    All of the above is of course imho


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der Hölle
    Posts
    30,301
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never get that when I buy a season ticket for the men’s team. It’s just to pay for running costs. No idea why the women’s team needs to provide more detail. It’s not for shampoo and conditioner.

    It's quite clear what the running costs are for Hibs: the stadium, training ground, players wages, etc.

    My understanding was that the women's team is amatuer and doesn't have these costs, so what's wrong with putting out the details to clear up people's lack of knowledge in that area?

    It would help if you realised that not everyone is out to attack the Women's team (though I fully understand that those people exist).

    The guy just asked a question.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member hhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Falkirk/Fuerteventura
    Posts
    1,455
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donation made, they really have been a credit to Hibs over the last few years and fully justify our support





    Well said,totally agree,contribution made.



  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite clear what the running costs are for Hibs: the stadium, training ground, players wages, etc.

    My understanding was that the women's team is amatuer and doesn't have these costs, so what's wrong with putting out the details to clear up people's lack of knowledge in that area?

    It would help if you realised that not everyone is out to attack the Women's team (though I fully understand that those people exist).

    The guy just asked a question.
    The same qns are asked and answered constantly. The team has running costs like any other football team. The funding will help with that. It’s that simple. The important thing for so many is we arent taking anything from the men’s team to subsidise the women. So most people should be delighted that they are trying to bring external funding in.
    Last edited by Brightside; 08-05-2020 at 02:40 PM.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That said we do have quite a lot of scrutiny about what our season ticket money pays for, how much is on infrastructure v playing budget and so on. Then when you take HSL which is basically a donation, the fuss made about admin costs, where the money goes and how it used shows people do want to know the detail of funds being used in the right way.

    This attitude that anything to do with the women's team means you have to just shut up and support it or not doesn't really do them any favours.

    I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.
    Fair enough. However, I feel that those that want to support it would still do so, and those (and I genuinely mean this with respect), like yourself that are publicly not the biggest supporters of the concept, would use the information as a reason not to.

    It's a no win for the club. If people want to support them then do so, if not then let it go and don't. I don't understand why every thread in relation to the women's game get forensic analysis to the 9th degree.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite clear what the running costs are for Hibs: the stadium, training ground, players wages, etc.

    My understanding was that the women's team is amatuer and doesn't have these costs, so what's wrong with putting out the details to clear up people's lack of knowledge in that area?

    It would help if you realised that not everyone is out to attack the Women's team (though I fully understand that those people exist).

    The guy just asked a question.
    Well, I imagine they will have to pay stadium costs, they play at Ainslie Park and I imagine have a lease to pay.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Donation made

    Think they are up to approx 3.5k

    GGTTH

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    unlucky losing 3-2 today @ league leaders glesca city

  10. #39
    After 6 months the ladies just giving page has raised just over 50% of the donations required to reach the end of the season.
    Chuck them a few quid guys and gals. Their efforts are well worth it.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-11-2020 at 12:40 PM.

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,811
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After 6 months the ladies just giving page has raised just over 50% of the donations required to reach the end of the season.
    Chuck them a few quid guys and gals. Their efforts are well worth it.
    Indeed they are.

    They may even get more if theIf admin side of things answered emails

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    Glasgow city beat valur in iceland 4-3 on penalties(1-1) to reach the last 32 of the champions league.

  13. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glasgow city beat valur in iceland 4-3 on penalties(1-1) to reach the last 32 of the champions league.
    They've done well to get to that position. New signing up front from the states has been decent. They lose 3 of there best players to Rangers very soon though.

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After 6 months the ladies just giving page has raised just over 50% of the donations required to reach the end of the season.
    Chuck them a few quid guys and gals. Their efforts are well worth it.
    Sorry guys the Just Giving Page I mentioned closed 3 months ago.
    Perhaps they have raised sufficient funds to get them through the season.

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed they are.

    They may even get more if theIf admin side of things answered emails
    Fred, I will contact someone I know at the club to get them to check their emails.

  16. #45
    Hibs v Celtic tonight. 745 Alba. Should be a close game.

  17. #46
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,228
    It's a 7:35 kick off.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    How are you guys managing to donate? When I go there I can't find a donate button or option.

    Edit: Just seen CMurdoch's post. So forget my question.
    Last edited by JohnMcM; 20-11-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: updated information found

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Hearts Women 1 v 0 Hibernian Women


  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts Women 1 v 0 Hibernian Women



    just reading that, sad days indeed

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just reading that, sad days indeed
    Saw Hearts ladies playing on their Documentary couldnae beat ma Granny and she’s been deid thirty years

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts Women 1 v 0 Hibernian Women

    An awful result. Hibs would have been expecting a very easy win.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Hearts ladies playing on their Documentary couldnae beat ma Granny and she’s been deid thirty years

    it was their first points of the season of course

  24. #53
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it was their first points of the season of course
    First goal of the season as well after 4/5 games!!!

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First goal of the season as well after 4/5 games!!!
    They must tell their women the same as the men:

    Disnae matter about the rest of the season just beat the HIBS

  26. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Hearts ladies playing on their Documentary couldnae beat ma Granny and she’s been deid thirty years
    I thought they looked an embarrassment to the women's game and as such Hibs ladies must have backslid a long long way to lose to them.
    The writing was on the wall when the Glasgow teams started supporting their ladies teams financially.

    In the other games Rangers beat Motherwell 9-0 whilst Celtic drew 2-2 with Forfar. Don't know if the tracksuited masses have protested in the wake of that appalling result for Cellik.
    P.S. Lizzie Arnot scored for Rangers.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 07-12-2020 at 11:54 PM.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought they looked an embarrassment to the women's game and as such Hibs ladies must have backslid a long long way to lose to them.
    The writing was on the wall when the Glasgow teams started supporting their ladies teams financially.

    In the other games Rangers beat Motherwell 9-0 whilst Celtic drew 2-2 with Forfar. Don't know if the tracksuited masses have protested in the wake of that appalling result for Cellik.
    P.S. Lizzie Arnot scored for Rangers.
    I remember I used to watch HIBS Ladies on YouTube a few years back and they played a highly impressive controlled passing game from the back out

    The Hearts team that came up from the Second tier on the Documentary looked miles away from that standard but it has to be said that their opposition ( I think it was Partick might be wrong) looked even worse

    As you say the standard must have really tailed off

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember I used to watch HIBS Ladies on YouTube a few years back and they played a highly impressive controlled passing game from the back out

    The Hearts team that came up from the Second tier on the Documentary looked miles away from that standard but it has to be said that their opposition ( I think it was Partick might be wrong) looked even worse

    As you say the standard must have really tailed off
    It's pretty sad for the likes of Joelle Murray who appears to have put her heart and soul into the development of Hibs Ladies over many seasons if it were all to fall away now due to to a lack of financial support

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    anyone wanting to watch the women today it's live on hibernian women twitter, ainslie park v forfar farmington


    presently 1-0 after 24 mins


    2-0... , no commentary just screaming lassies, might turn the sound off lol
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-12-2020 at 02:34 PM.

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone wanting to watch the women today it's live on hibernian women twitter, ainslie park v forfar farmington


    presently 1-0 after 24 mins


    2-0... , no commentary just screaming lassies, might turn the sound off lol
    Thanks

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks


    #timing


    enjoy HT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)