hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Women

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    ex spartans

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great signing for Hibs. Weakens their nearest rivals. She’s a young dynamic centre mid and has been outstanding for Spartans this season

might pop along :)

HibernianWomen.jpg

Any idea why the Women's kit doesn't have a sponsor again this season?

Would have thought it made sense for Utilita to sponsor both men and women, particularly given the rising profile of the women's game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Holders Hibernian scored 10 for the second game in a row to reach the SWPL Cup last eight, while Rangers joined them with a 5-2 win over Aberdeen.
    Michaela McAlonie, Colette Cavanagh and Alexa Coyle each scored a double as Hibs thrashed hosts Dundee United 10-2.

Kilmarnock will face Dundee United on Sunday for the remaining quarter-final berth in Group B after winning 3-0 at Stirling University.
    Rangers saw off already-qualified Aberdeen for a third straight win.
    Goals from Rachel McLauchlan, Zoe Ness, Jane Ross, Lizzie Arnot and Chantelle Swaby inflicted the visitors' first loss in Group A and sent Rangers top with a game to spare.
    Motherwell saw off Boroughmuir Thistle 4-1 for their first win, with both sides unable to progress.
    Glasgow City, in Group C, are already through, with the four remaining places to be decided in Sunday's final round of group games.

FT Hibernian 3 Spartans 0

HT Hearts 0 Hamilton 0...Hamilton had a penalty saved

73' 1-0...78' Hamilton score with a 2nd penalty 1-1...92' Hamilton score with their 3rd penalty of the game 1-2

Glasgow city 6 Motherwell 0..BBC Online, almost FT

Aberdeen v Celtic 4:10pm Alba
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 05-09-2021 at 02:55 PM.

I have enjoyed watching the womans team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the womans team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
    Personally I would play nearer ER and allow first team season ticket holders in for free to boost crowds and engagement.
    The womans game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.
    Last edited by keep the faith; 06-09-2021 at 01:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have enjoyed watching the ladies team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the ladies team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
    Personally I would play nearer ER and allow first team season ticket holders in for free to boost crowds and engagement.
    The ladies game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.
    I would agree that we should be playing nearer ER if not at ER. Letting our season ticket holders in free will not work as Hibernian women have their own Season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I would agree that we should be playing nearer ER if not at ER. Letting our season ticket holders in free will not work as Hibernian women have their own Season ticket
    I know that, but feel we missed a trick in not offering that bonus to first team season ticket holders to grow supporter connections to the womans team.
    Last edited by keep the faith; 06-09-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Can an admin change the thread title to Hibernian Women?

They don't use Ladies anymore as a name.

I have enjoyed watching the ladies team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the ladies team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
    The ladies game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.

Agree with most of that. Although I'd still like to charge for entry as this is probably their main strand of funding. Perhaps offer deals on pricing though?

I was hoping they'd play at Meadowbank. Should be opening soon. Not only is the Livi stadium a pain to get to if you don't drive. There's also limited options for pubs etc.

Mickey already proving to be a great signing. Weaken the neighbours and strengthening the core.

I have enjoyed watching the womans team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the womans team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
    The womans game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.
    Our club appear to have pushed our side right enough ......out of Edinburgh and far away out of sight.
    Perception has got to be they are not really interested.

Easter road pitch has had enough issues in recent years without another team playing on it consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Our club appear to have pushed our side right enough ......out of Edinburgh and far away out of sight.
    Perception has got to be they are not really interested.
    Ron was at the game as the weekend. So if he's gone out of his way to go to Livi to watch it there must be interest. They've also signed a lot of players this season which suggests more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Agree with most of that. Although I'd still like to charge for entry as this is probably their main strand of funding. Perhaps offer deals on pricing though?

I was hoping they'd play at Meadowbank. Should be opening soon. Not only is the Livi stadium a pain to get to if you don't drive. There's also limited options for pubs etc.

pubs I'd agree with, ease of access not so much. It’s a 5 minute walk from the bus station in Livi, and a similar distance from either train station as ER from Waverley - albeit it’s all downhill going to the stadium, and all uphill on the way back, to both stations

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    pubs I'd agree with, ease of access not so much. It’s a 5 minute walk from the bus station in Livi, and a similar distance from either train station as ER from Waverley - albeit it’s all downhill going to the stadium, and all uphill on the way back, to both stations
    Yeah but the bus takes forever, and your life force is drained out of you as your are forced to see Livingston.

I got told on Saturday that They’ve got to use a ground that has seating for 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Ron was at the game as the weekend. So if he's gone out of his way to go to Livi to watch it there must be interest. They've also signed a lot of players this season which suggests more focus.
    That's good.
    Why did they move away from Ainslie Park?

Think bod has just answered me

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    I got told on Saturday that They’ve got to use a ground that has seating for 2500.
    Why would they need 2,500 seats.
    I presume they will average attendances of less than 10% of that.

Canny mind,had a few beers by then

I would imagine they'll get a few hundred at best at Livingston. Will seem virtually empty.

Think they should have played at some where like Meggetland. Decent enough setup close to the centre of Edinburgh.

Canny mind,had a few beers by then

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I would imagine they'll get a few hundred at best at Livingston. Will seem virtually empty.

Think they should have played at some where like Meggetland. Decent enough setup close to the centre of Edinburgh.
    A few hundred would be remarkable wouldn’t it?

250 is the rule. A 250 covered strand.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    That's good.
    Why did they move away from Ainslie Park?

Think bod has just answered me
    Nothing to do with seats. Their booking was ended early. Meadow bank isn’t available yet. Livi was basically one of very few options left. I’d imagine they will try and get a 250 seater stand up at HTC soon enough.

250 is the rule. A 250 covered strand.
    My bad . More than a few 🍺 then 😂

Nothing to do with seats. Their booking was ended early. Meadow bank isn’t available yet. Livi was basically one of very few options left. I’d imagine they will try and get a 250 seater stand up at HTC soon enough.
    Is it just for this season then?

Could Meadowbank be a possibility next season? HTC stikes me as being even harder to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Is it just for this season then?

Could Meadowbank be a possibility next season? HTC stikes me as being even harder to get to.
    Following Edinburgh City about again.