hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Women

Hibs Women

There's a 'just giving' page on the go for Hibs ladies trying to raise £10,000 to help them get to the other end of the crisis .... I cant do links, but seeing as how I cant see any thread about it on here perhaps someone more savvy could post one. Seems like a worthy cause for those Hibbies in a position to contribute.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Donation made, they really have been a credit to Hibs over the last few years and fully justify our support

Coaching Staff
    I asked this on the other thread about it but what’s it paying for?

They shouldn’t have many costs. They are an amateur team not currently playing games.

I’d be happy to contribute something but it’s fairly vague on what they need it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

They shouldn’t have many costs. They are an amateur team not currently playing games.

I’d be happy to contribute something but it’s fairly vague on what they need it for.
    This is a club with aspirations to represent Hibs Ladies in Europe so they have loads of costs, training expenses, travel etc and the women’s game is taking massive strides forward as regards professionalism, they have to buy strips, medical supplies so all that and much more takes a substantial amount of money and the one thing which can’t be levelled at this particular ladies club or many others is that they are amateurs !

Are you kiddin' mate? Have you any idea how much all those hairdos are gonna cost once all the lassies can get back tae the salons. Or are ye sayin' it would be ok for oor lassies tae run oot against Glasgow City or Celtic on ALBA with rubbish hair? Some folk ken nothin' aboot fitba

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff

Having been involved with amateur sports clubs at in a few different sports. 10k is a drop in the ocean for continuous operation.

Otherwise they will have to call it a day before the Covid19 situation has ended.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Donation made.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    This is a club with aspirations to represent Hibs Ladies in Europe so they have loads of costs, training expenses, travel etc and the women’s game is taking massive strides forward as regards professionalism, they have to buy strips, medical supplies so all that and much more takes a substantial amount of money and the one thing which can’t be levelled at this particular ladies club or many others is that they are amateurs !
    They don’t have any of those costs just now though so I am not clear what the current appeal is there to pay for.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Hibby View Post
    Donation made.
    Good man

Just gave 👍

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Having been involved with amateur sports clubs at in a few different sports. 10k is a drop in the ocean for continuous operation.

Otherwise they will have to call it a day before the Covid19 situation has ended.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree, I have never known an amateur team to have no costs. The bottom line is you either donate in good faith that the funds raised are used in a fit and proper manner to aid the running of the club, or you don’t.

From memory on other threads, you seem to have a real problem with Hibs Ladies.

You moaned on and on about no funding to come from the main club budget. Now they are trying to raise a little bit of funding on their own, yet still you’ve got a beef.

What gives Andy?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post

You moaned on and on about no funding to come from the main club budget. Now they are trying to raise a little bit of funding on their own, yet still you’ve got a beef.

What gives Andy?
    I’m presuming it’s for things like new strips and balls etc?
    Think Andy’s only asking for clarification

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

What gives Andy?
    Don’t think he’s asking an unreasonable question?

@hibs.net private member

What gives Andy?
    Do you know the answer?

Just put something their way.

Much like a number of teams in sports up and down the country, they have a number of financial commitments and this is to help them over this unprecedented period.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Don’t think he’s asking an unreasonable question?
    If he has no interest in the ladies team, which is clearly the case, then I don’t know why he would want to get involved, other than to needle.

I have no interest in something, be it on football or a music forum I frequent, I leave it alone.

Who knows what bills there will still to be met, even if it’s just funds for when it all starts up again that’s fine with me.

My daughter’s football team have cancelled the monthly subs just now as they know times are hard, but some of the parents, us included, are in the fortunate position of being able/wanting to pay them, and we know the club are grateful to have some buffer when they restart.

Some strange stuff on this thread. Who cares what the money is for, I'm sure they wouldn't be asking if they didn't need it. At the end of the day the ladies team has done the Hibs name proud over the years. The most I've ever given to them is paying to see their game with Bayern Munich at ER a few years ago, apart from that it's been basking in their reflected glory as they won cup finals on ALBA which I bet applies to most Hibs fans.

Surely even for giving us that wee bit of pleasure on the odd wet Sunday afternoon they deserve a few bob of any Hibs fans money if they can afford to, without it turning into a forensic financial examination of what they need the money for.

Coaching Staff
    If he has no interest in the ladies team, which is clearly the case, then I don’t know why he would want to get involved, other than to needle.

I have no interest in something, be it on football or a music forum I frequent, I leave it alone.

Who knows what bills there will still to be met, even if it’s just funds for when it all starts up again that’s fine with me.

My daughter’s football team have cancelled the monthly subs just now as they know times are hard, but some of the parents, us included, are in the fortunate position of being able/wanting to pay them, and we know the club are grateful to have some buffer when they restart.
    I've said I'd be happy to donate if I knew what it was for. The request on the page is pretty vague though.

If they have costs and it is to keep them going then that's something I'd help with. If it is to give to the team members then that's not our place to fund them and I'd not be interested, there are other people in need at this time.

There's something on the lines of 'to keep them motivated' mentioned which makes me think it isn't just running cost.

Always think it is pretty standard courtesy when asking for donations to be pretty clear on where the money is going.

I've said I'd be happy to donate if I knew what it was for. The request on the page is pretty vague though.

If they have costs and it is to keep them going then that's something I'd help with. If it is to give to the team members then that's not our place to fund them and I'd not be interested, there are other people in need at this time.

There's something on the lines of 'to keep them motivated' mentioned which makes me think it isn't just running cost.

Always think it is pretty standard courtesy when asking for donations to be pretty clear on where the money is going.
    It wasn't as if it was a demand from what I saw, they were just hoping that Hibs fans who could spare a few bob would be willing to chuck in for a team playing under the Hibernian FC name in Hibs strips and acknowledged by the club and many of our supporters ( you would hope all of our supporters ) as an important part of its wider identity ... Not to mention that as fans, or a club, we have never been slow to associate ourselves with their successes over the years, You would have to be pretty cynical to come to the conclusion that the money was for anything other than funds needed to keep them going, or help them, as a team .. and if that means for example getting all the players on line and linked up to keep in touch then that would be fine by me.

Hell, even if its to give to the team members for whatever reason they might need it and there's no reason to think that is the case, then so what .... if folk are uncomfortable with the idea nobody is twisting their arm.

For me ... Its a Hibs team asking for a helping hand and that's enough for me as a Hibs fan.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 07-05-2020 at 10:20 PM.

If you want to give money then please do. One thing is clear is Hibernian FC isn’t giving them any additional funding so many people that post on here will be delighted.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If you want to give money then please do. One thing is clear is Hibernian FC isn’t giving them any additional funding so many people that post on here will be delighted.
    Or form a group, have a whip round, and collectively sponsor a player.

The Oz Hibs had a whip round a couple of months ago and sponsor 2.

Maybe a short description of what the ongoing running costs actually amount to would help people see the need for making a donation.

I've no gripe whatsoever with the Hibs Women's team and I think that somebody merely making a request for more info is pretty reasonable.

So far 7000 Hibs fans have bought season tickets for next season - with no idea what that will entail. Whilst I fully accept the women's game isn't for everyone, if 2000 Hibs fans can donate £5 each, they'll reach the target. It's not a huge ask even in the current climate.

If 4000 donate £2.50...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    So far 7000 Hibs fans have bought season tickets for next season - with no idea what that will entail. Whilst I fully accept the women's game isn't for everyone, if 2000 Hibs fans can donate £5 each, they'll reach the target. It's not a huge ask even in the current climate.

If 4000 donate £2.50...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    That said we do have quite a lot of scrutiny about what our season ticket money pays for, how much is on infrastructure v playing budget and so on. Then when you take HSL which is basically a donation, the fuss made about admin costs, where the money goes and how it used shows people do want to know the detail of funds being used in the right way.

This attitude that anything to do with the women's team means you have to just shut up and support it or not doesn't really do them any favours.

I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Maybe a short description of what the ongoing running costs actually amount to would help people see the need for making a donation.

I've no gripe whatsoever with the Hibs Women's team and I think that somebody merely making a request for more info is pretty reasonable.
    I never get that when I buy a season ticket for the men’s team. It’s just to pay for running costs. No idea why the women’s team needs to provide more detail. It’s not for shampoo and conditioner.

That said we do have quite a lot of scrutiny about what our season ticket money pays for, how much is on infrastructure v playing budget and so on. Then when you take HSL which is basically a donation, the fuss made about admin costs, where the money goes and how it used shows people do want to know the detail of funds being used in the right way.

This attitude that anything to do with the women's team means you have to just shut up and support it or not doesn't really do them any favours.

I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.
    Do you know what your season ticket pays for at Hibs? I don’t. I just pay it to support the club.

Coaching Staff
    Do you know what your season ticket pays for at Hibs? I don’t. I just pay it to support the club.
    Same here.

When I chuck in to support the men’s OR the women’s team I don’t ask for a forensic breakdown of the running costs.

Way I see it, you either support the teams or you don’t,0

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Is the comparison made earlier with HSL not a more valid comparison to the justgiving page than a season ticket? We know what we get for buying a season ticket (entry to home games, priority for cup games etc). It was less clear and garnered more scrutiny as to what the HSL donations were being used for.

There never seems to be any middle ground on threads about Hibs ladies. There’s undoubtedly folk that are fundamentally against the team but on the other side of the fence there are those who equate any form of debate or questions as an attack on women’s football/Hibs ladies.