hibs.net Messageboard

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Women

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another awful pitch Hibs playing on . Whose ground is it ?
    It really is. Scottish football really sells itself short with acceptance of such surfaces…depressing stuff

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Depends on how you define "decent crowds".

In a few years the women's game will see regular crowds on a par with the First and Second Divisions and bigger games such as the derby will attract larger crowds. November's match at Easter Road may have been free but I'd have had no problem paying to attend and I wouldn't be the only one.
    Women's game won't get anywhere near average crowds of League 1. Where is the evidence to support that?

I'm guessing you've looked the average crowds of both leagues currently to come to that conclusion?

The average attendance in Scottish League 1 last season was 1,400.

What was it in the SWPL?

It's a brutal watch and a reminder why I have no interest in woman's football. The quality is so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    It's a brutal watch and a reminder why I have no interest in woman's football. The quality is so poor.
    I was going to argue against what you said then the 3rd Rangers goal went in.

I don't think it's too terrible to watch tbh, BBC Alba potato camera quality doesn't help...

Firk me 4-0 now whilst typing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Some really poor refereeing decisions going in Rangers favour.

Not that anyone is surprised.
    Maybe I'm viewing through green tinted glasses, but seems like every time hibs win the ball, the ref blows to stop play regardless of advantage.

Hibs CBs simply don’t have the pace against the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    It's at Broadwood
    Thanks thought it might be Broadwood though wasn't sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Women's game won't get anywhere near average crowds of League 1. Where is the evidence to support that?

I'm guessing you've looked the average crowds of both leagues currently to come to that conclusion?

The average attendance in Scottish League 1 last season was 1,400.

What was it in the SWPL?
    It won’t get close in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    It really is. Scottish football really sells itself short with acceptance of such surfaces…depressing stuff
    They look terrible and must be a nightmare to play on , embarrassing part is we have two in the top flight and they should be banned . Only making Scottish football look amateurish.

The English league is so far ahead of Scotland. They've thrown so much at it in recent years that's only got bigger since they won the Euros.

Scotland will be left behind before it's even begun.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    That’s not correct. Re full time at Hibs. Are you thinking the foreign players are working in macdonalds at night?
    I thought the club might get the foreign players jobs to bolster their meagre Hibs salaries. I played rugby abroad and the club teed me up with a job and gave me somewhere to stay.

Hibs I presume provide Hibs Women with training facilities at East Mains.
    What about income? They have some sponsors but ticket sales are negligable and might just about cover the stadium rental.

Hibs Women have a first team squad of 23 players and a manager.
    Even if they pay them each a paltry £5k a year that's £120k for the squad and the manager.
    The budget will be a fraction of that hence I thought players would work a day job, train 2 or 3 nights a week and play at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    I thought the club might get the foreign players jobs to bolster their meagre Hibs salaries. I played rugby abroad and the club teed me up with a job and gave me somewhere to stay.

Hibs I presume provide Hibs Women with training facilities at East Mains.
    What about income? They have some sponsors but ticket sales are negligable and might just about cover the stadium rental.

Hibs Women have a first team squad of 23 players and a manager.
    Even if they pay them each a paltry £5k a year that's £120k for the squad and the manager.
    The budget will be a fraction of that hence I thought players would work a day job, train 2 or 3 nights a week and play at the weekend.
    Full time players are on around 20k a year, a bunch of the younger ones are on hybrid contracts. The budget is much higher than you are thinking. How they cover that is something you’ll have to ask the club. It’s all separate to the men though.

Full time players are on around 20k a year, a bunch of the younger ones are on hybrid contracts. The budget is much higher than you are thinking. How they cover that is something you’ll have to ask the club. It’s all separate to the men though.
    They were advertising an assistant coach job for £25k recently and physio was slightly higher. I

So the head coach much be on more than 26k which is quite a crazy amount for the league and the results they have produced / not produced !

How many Hibs players are actually exclusively full time?

Will Hearts or Hibs be publishing the figures of the womens set ups in their accounts ? Would be interesting to see the costs.

The Hibs girls academy is though the foundation - I assume girls pay to play ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    They were advertising an assistant coach job for £25k recently and physio was slightly higher. I

So the head coach much be on more than 26k which is quite a crazy amount for the league and the results they have produced / not produced !

Will Hearts or Hibs be publishing the figures of the womens set ups in their accounts ? Would be interesting to see the costs.

Re your last point Yes. Highest subs, and have to self fund strips etc. unless that’s changed in the last year. No idea about the overall P&L. The women’s team operates under its own company, no longer part of the foundations. All the youth team are.

It certainly won’t be making a profit. None of the women’s team in the UK will be making a profit.

Probably enough for a starting 11.

To answer to an earlier question on this thread about amount of time spent training, Smally talked about it on the Behind the Goals podcast, they train as many days as the men's team, including days with double sessions etc. but do a couple evenings in that schedule to accomodate P/T players.

Coaching Staff
    I'm the same I'm afraid.

Re your last point Yes. Highest subs, and have to self fund strips etc. unless that’s changed in the last year. No idea about the overall P&L. The women’s team operates under its own company, no longer part of the foundations. All the youth team are.

It certainly won’t be making a profit. None of the women’s team in the UK will be making a profit.
    Hearts girls academy is free as far as I’m aware.

Not sure about Rangers / Celtic or Glasgow City?

Any idea what the Hibs girls academy pay ?

If the womens team operates under it’s own company does that mean the accounts etc will be able to be viewed ? I thought it was part of the main club?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Probably enough for a starting 11.

To answer to an earlier question on this thread about amount of time spent training, Smally talked about it on the Behind the Goals podcast, they train as many days as the men's team, including days with double sessions etc. but do a couple evenings in that schedule to accomodate P/T players.
    Just gave that a listen
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 09-02-2023 at 10:57 PM.

11 players, manager, coach, physio at the rates you are speaking about means you are looking at £250k a season to run a team that plays in front of a paying public in the tens. That's bonkers.

11 players, manager, coach, physio at the rates you are speaking about means you are looking at £250k a season to run a team that plays in front of a paying public in the tens. That's bonkers.
    It doesn't add up for me either.

Having viewed the balance sheet at June 30th 2021 (available on Companies House website) those figures suggest something akin to a pub team rather than a side costing in the region of 250k a season.

It's unsustainable in it's current form and I would hope the men's team budget isn't affected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

Having viewed the balance sheet at June 30th 2021 (available on Companies House website) those figures suggest something akin to a pub team rather than a side costing in the region of 250k a season.

It's unsustainable in it's current form and I would hope the men's team budget isn't affected by this.
    The Hibs Womens model has changed up majorly this season so the sums involved will be vastly higher than the ones you saw on the balance sheet you viewed. They have their own set up, sponsors etc.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 09-02-2023 at 10:58 PM.

The Hibs Womens model has changed up majorly this season so the sums involved will be vastly higher than the ones you saw on the balance sheet you viewed. They have their own set up, sponsors etc.
    Perhaps, but enough to cover the figures mentioned here?

Perhaps, but enough to cover the figures mentioned here?
    No I meant Hibs Women has gone from the previous humble offering you saw on the balance sheet to a full time first eleven model from this season. I don't know how it's financed other than James Anderson chucking a bundle of cash at the two Hibs v Hearts games, a bit of TV money, and some sponsorship, hospitality and advertising revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I'm the same I'm afraid.
    I’ve no idea why people feel they need to keep saying they don’t want to watch it. Just don’t.

It's unsustainable in its current form and I would hope the men's team budget isn't affected by this.
    Grass roots girls football is growing at an incredible rate. Having a proper path way in place for them that leads to the senior level is a no brainier. Making sure the Hibs ladies senior team is as good as it can be and ready for them is just sensible and let’s hibs attract the best young players they can.

No I meant Hibs Women has gone from the previous humble offering you saw on the balance sheet to a full time first eleven model from this season. I don't know how it's financed other than James Anderson chucking a bundle of cash at the two Hibs v Hearts games, a bit of TV money, and some sponsorship, hospitality and advertising revenues.

So basically financed the same way as most men’s clubs🤷🏼*♂️🤷🏼*♂️

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts girls academy is free as far as I’m aware.

Not sure about Rangers / Celtic or Glasgow City?

Any idea what the Hibs girls academy pay ?

If the womens team operates under it’s own company does that mean the accounts etc will be able to be viewed ? I thought it was part of the main club?
    £40pm - although it is changing this year depending on age (younger or less and they don’t have refs and less training). Strips will be provided as part of this.

National Performance teams (the equivalent of the boys academy) will pay £42pm - boys pay £0.

Following on from last nights game it’s astounding that Kathryn Hill and Kirsty Howat aren’t in the Scotland squad. Hill especially is much better than the current choices in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    £40pm - although it is changing this year depending on age (younger or less and they don’t have refs and less training). Strips will be provided as part of this.

National Performance teams (the equivalent of the boys academy) will pay £42pm - boys pay £0.
    42 a month. Wow. Well that should cover some of the first teams wages. 😂

@hibs.net private member
    42 a month. Wow. Well that should cover some of the first teams wages. 😂
    Yeah - there’s noises from parents asking where the money goes. No answers though.