hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Women

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are doing well to still be in this.

When you look at the resources both teams have available to them then Rangers should be winning this by a considerable margin.

Can't fault the effort at all but Rangers just look more athletic and better coached all over the park.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another cracking goal. That may be it now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough
    2-0 , all over now I'd say

Been pretty poor to be honest from bits I have seen.
    Cougars!!!

Game over 😟

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Been pretty poor to be honest from bits I have seen.
    Miles off it. Fortunate to keep it to 2.

@hibs.net private member
    Looked a bit out their depth to be honest. No real fluency to the play. Still onwards and upwards and hopefully get a chance to regroup and continue to improve.

@hibs.net private member
    The girls did well getting to the final. Hard to compete with the rangers in the women's game considering their spending power.

Coaching Staff
    So the women's game is going the same way as men's football in Scotland, 2 teams and then there are the rest.

First Team Breakthrough
    This was always going to be a big ask. As soon as the two bum cheeks decided to take women's football seriously the rest were always going to struggle to compete, when you look at the players we have lost to other clubs getting to a final is an achievement in itself. Well done on that any hopefully they'll get another chance in the Scottish Cup

One of the meekest cup final performances I have seen Hibs women put in. I didn’t think any of our girls could say they had a good game. We got our tactics and team selection wrong from the start. The regression in our side under Gibson is alarming and I am genuinely surprised he is still in charge. Even taking aside the gulf in class today - as others have said, Rangers are a cut above just now - we have been poor for a long while now. Our league position is a disgrace given our resources and players like Murray - I hate to say this - are finished at this level. Our recruitment has been very poor to say the least and I find myself becoming more frustrated with players like Adams - who never seems to have a good game when I see her - and McGregor - who flatters to deceive. This year is a write off and we are looking at another transitional summer with big changes needed on and off the park.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Never looked like getting a foot hold in the game. Rangers were quicker, stronger, and the obvious gulf in resources was evident.

Hibs extremely poor going forward and couldn't keep the ball. Coach seemed scared of a doing as we looked to be trying desperately to keep the score down. On reflection they probably did well to stay in it so long as there was an obvious gulf in ability of individual players all over the park.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    That new stand is an absolute eyesore throughout.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It was always going to go this way. Glasgow City seem to have dealt with the emergence of Celtic and Rangers better than Hibs though.

We arguably took to long to start signing players to pro contracts. We had an exodus of players, Man Utd and Rangers being 2 of the destinations, and could do nothing to stop any of them going.

Rangers looked like a proper pro outfit, we looked like a team that is pro in name only. That's probably a fair reflection of where both sides are tbh. Rangers also looked better coached all over the park, they held their shape exceptionally well when Hibs had the ball and we lacked the quality to break them down. It was nothing fancy, two banks of 4 and good discipline. No one wants to see anyone lose their job but it's something Hibs will need to think about.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I said to Ben Kinsell at our Portugal friendly that womans games should be included in the mens season ticket. If you could pop along for free, more mens game fans would start being interested, young fans would come along and improve engagement long term.

Even commercially, a bigger crowd spending more at the game would be better than very small attendances that are seeing now at Meadowbank.

Its such a shame to see us going from being the pioneers of the womans game to old firm cannon fodder. Still time to save it hibs.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    well done Sevco on buying their womens side their first SWPL cup

no, not bitter at all ;)

Ultras singing sectarian songs. That’s the womens game ruined now also. Scotlands shame.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Ultras singing sectarian songs. That’s the womens game ruined now also. Scotlands shame.
    Yeah, you could hear it on the TV as well.

Lovely

It was odd because early doors they were actually singing Rangers football songs and I was at the point of saying 'aye fair play'. Then the '**** the Pope and the Vatican' version of Follow Follow got an airing and it went downhill from there.

Shame because the vast majority of Rangers fans in attendance seemed to realise it was a family friendly atmosphere. Couple of guys in a shop having a laugh with my daughter before the game, fans mingling in the concourses no bother, couple of Rangers fans sitting along from us backing their team with no hassle etc etc but that group of fandans just couldn't help themselves.

The Girls gave everything however lacked the experience and quality to beat a full time outfit who had that bit extra. I do think most people within the club will know how to take this forward however it is all dependant on the financial resources available or new found investment which I find will not be an easy overnight solution as things stand.On a positive note having watched todays match although not a women’s football regular liked the look of the substitute Hinds, a bit surprised she did not start as looked capable when introduced.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Was ruined as soon as Celtic and rangers started chucking money at their woman’s teams imo. Go the same way as the mens game

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was a poor game, miss placed passes all over the shop from both teams, hibs midfield and forward line guilty of sloppy play.

For all the hype about rangers being financially well ahead of hibs I didnt think they were all that good, they were certainly far better organised and kept their shape, they looked like they had played together for a while whereas hibs looked shapeless and with a few playing like they had just met. Thats not a criticism of the Womens team by the way, overall they have done well in cups and in the league previously, I dont think its just the financial issues between the teams, I think its a lot to do with the management and leadership

With regards the ultras, to be honest, this lot will follow anything with the rangers branding, if that was a game of chess they would have been there promoting their bile

Time for an east of Scotland league.

First Team Breakthrough
    Can't believe Hibs only made 2 subs.
    Half team were running on empty for last 30 minutes.

It was odd because early doors they were actually singing Rangers football songs and I was at the point of saying 'aye fair play'. Then the '**** the Pope and the Vatican' version of Follow Follow got an airing and it went downhill from there.

Shame because the vast majority of Rangers fans in attendance seemed to realise it was a family friendly atmosphere. Couple of guys in a shop having a laugh with my daughter before the game, fans mingling in the concourses no bother, couple of Rangers fans sitting along from us backing their team with no hassle etc etc but that group of fandans just couldn't help themselves.

Was the same with the Hearts fans at the last derby.

They've appeared this season and seem completely unable to read the room, and whilst everything is obviously welcome they are not the main audience.

It's the equivalent of turning up to a kid's party steaming and doing lines in the toilet

It was always going to go this way. Glasgow City seem to have dealt with the emergence of Celtic and Rangers better than Hibs though.

We arguably took to long to start signing players to pro contracts. We had an exodus of players, Man Utd and Rangers being 2 of the destinations, and could do nothing to stop any of them going.

Rangers looked like a proper pro outfit, we looked like a team that is pro in name only. That's probably a fair reflection of where both sides are tbh. Rangers also looked better coached all over the park, they held their shape exceptionally well when Hibs had the ball and we lacked the quality to break them down. It was nothing fancy, two banks of 4 and good discipline. No one wants to see anyone lose their job but it's something Hibs will need to think about.
    James Anderson funds them so they're probably not short of cash.

Joelle Murray told a story how start of last season an ex-Hibs player wanted to come back but only Rangers were offering full time contracts. The only two who fit that are Lizzie Arnott and Emma Brownlie (now with Hearts would have defo taken her again).

Yesterday comes again to the fact Dean Gibson doesn't have the necessary skills to manage a team imo.

We've been playing a 3-5-2 consistently and he decided to switch it, ending up with us playing a long ball game which I don't think I've ever seen us do. I thought we started to play a lot better when he eventually made the change but a second (good) goal knocked the stuffing from us.

Similar to the derby we looked like a team without a plan, anything that would happen would have to come from the players creating it. It seems DG thinks he only needs to pick the team, pick the formation and then leaves the rest to the players once on the park.

We've finally been putting the necessary investment in the team, with a lot of players on FT contracts but it's being wasted due to not having the right person lead it.

On a slightly different note, Cav hasn't been getting much game time at the Huns it seems (I know she was injured at the start of the season). I'd be moving heaven and earth to get her back at the end of the season if that continues. Plus Emma Brownlie signed a one-year at Hearts, with a one-year option. Could she be nicked back?
    Last edited by hibby rae; 12-12-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

Joelle Murray told a story how start of last season an ex-Hibs player wanted to come back but only Rangers were offering full time contracts. The only two who fit that are Lizzie Arnott and Emma Brownlie (now with Hearts would have defo taken her again).

Yesterday comes again to the fact Dean Gibson doesn't have the necessary skills to manage a team imo.

We've been playing a 3-5-2 consistently and he decided to switch it, ending up with us playing a long ball game which I don't think I've ever seen us do. I thought we started to play a lot better when he eventually made the change but a second (good) goal knocked the stuffing from us.

Similar to the derby we looked like a team without a plan, anything that would happen would have to come from the players creating it. It seems DG thinks he only needs to pick the team, pick the formation and then leaves the rest to the players once on the park.

We've finally been putting the necessary investment in the team, with a lot of players on FT contracts but it's being wasted due to not having the right person lead it.

On a slightly different note, Cav hasn't been getting much game time at the Huns it seems (I know she was injured at the start of the season). I'd be moving heaven and earth to get her back at the end of the season if that continues. Plus Emma Brownlie signed a one-year at Hearts, with a one-year option. Could she be nicked back?
    I'd be surprised if Brownlie left Hearts to come back to Hibs. I expect they will take up the option on her but if I remember rightly she's a qualified accountant so perhaps doesn't want full time?

For me Hibs need to be going out and getting the best young talent available in the country. Rangers had 3 on the bench that would be starters for Hibs - but they have all signed contracts. If we are bringing in foreign players they have to be starters. That's a lot of investment from Hibs not providing enough input to the team if they are on the bench most weeks.

I'd be surprised if Brownlie left Hearts to come back to Hibs. I expect they will take up the option on her but if I remember rightly she's a qualified accountant so perhaps doesn't want full time?

For me Hibs need to be going out and getting the best young talent available in the country. Rangers had 3 on the bench that would be starters for Hibs - but they have all signed contracts. If we are bringing in foreign players they have to be starters. That's a lot of investment from Hibs not providing enough input to the team if they are on the bench most weeks.
    I'm not sure what the terms are for Brownlie, she is on a paid deal but might only be semi-pro, which we could certainly accommodate.

I'm not sure who the option lies with, her and/or the club. I'd be surprised if they didn't take up the option if it's them. However, if it's with her then it would be madness to not try. She's had two spells with us already and we are a bigger club than them.

Agree though, bringing in young players has been key in the past, players like Abi Harrison and Jamie-Lee Napier tore the league apart and are now doing very well for themselves down south.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

It could have been kirsty Smith. She signed for West ham late on after utd didn't give her a new deal and I'd heard she was open to going back to Scotland. It doesn't mean it was her like. I just read it that an ex player was open to coming back but only rangers offered ft contracts, not that they signed necessarily.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Spoke to various people about the singing. Zero interest in even bringing it up. Most saying they didn't hear anything. SWPL about as much use as the SFA.