hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Women

1. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a sore one.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hibernian Woman becoming full time according to Maloney.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Brilliant news if true!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Great news, if we hadn't done it now I think it would have been hard to keep up. Hope we can sort a home ground that is nearer ER or at least try and get the bigger games at ER

Let’s see what that actually means. I’d expect a big change in the squad of they are going truly full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Let’s see what that actually means. I’d expect a big change in the squad of they are going truly full time.
    I'm guessing there will be players like Amy Muir who are studying and we wouldn't want to lose but who may not want to give up their studies (fair enough). Has Eilidh Adams left school yet? I think Cav is a PE teacher.

Best scenario would be a mix of full time and part time contracts?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I'm guessing there will be players like Amy Muir who are studying and we wouldn't want to lose but who may not want to give up their studies (fair enough). Has Eilidh Adams left school yet? I think Cav is a PE teacher.

I think so - I'd imagine (just guessing) the salary on offer might not be enough for some of the older players who might have a well paid job to sign up - maybe a part-time contract would suit them better. For the younger players it would appeal more - Adams and Livingstone are still school age so combining with further study (if that's what they want) could be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think so - I'd imagine (just guessing) the salary on offer might not be enough for some of the older players who might have a well paid job to sign up - maybe a part-time contract would suit them better. For the younger players it would appeal more - Adams and Livingstone are still school age so combining with further study (if that's what they want) could be the way to go.
    That sounds like a good option.

If you look at the lower men's league, Falkirk are still full-time but seem to only attract the dregs of that market and miss out on some very good part-time players because of it.

Makes sense to tailor it to the individual players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...s-new-contract

"Keeping players like Micky shows the ambition of the club moving forward. Traditionally players of Michaela’s quality would attract interest of clubs down south but the changes at the club mean players want to stay here for the foreseeable future."

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    no surprise with the hammering today tbf

Rangers 5 Hibernian 0
    Partick Thistle 0 Celtic 2
    Aberdeen 0 Heartz 1
    Motherwell 0 Hamilton 1
    Spartans 0 Glasgow City 4

our women should still hang on for 4th imo, next season will be a lot tougher

five remaining games for Hibernian

A- Partick Thistle
    H- Hamilton
    H- Aberdeen
    A- Hamilton
    H- Glasgow City
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 17-04-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Checked the table and fixtures and fourth does look reasonably safe.

Aberdeen (6 behind, 5 to play) still have Rangers and Glasgow City to play, and Spartans (8 behind, 4 to play) still have Glasgow City and Celtic.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Ellis Notley is a PE teacher

That's Leah Eddie put pen to paper on a deal now. Great to see there's more of an effort to keep the talent and assets than before.

Barcelona beat Wolfsburg 5-1(oh oh) in the 1st leg of the Champions League SF in front of a record 91,648 for a women's game

quite astonishing

Barcelona 5-1 Wolfsburg: Barca thrash Wolfsburg and set new crowd record for women's game - BBC Sport

back to the Tony Macaroni today, scene of yesterdays crime

anyway, Hibernian v Hamilton a home win would mean Aberdeen needing to win all their four remaining games whilst overturning a huge + 32 GD in Hibs favour

game is on recast
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-05-2022 at 03:05 PM.

1-1 at HT

2-2 hibs equalised in added time against the basement side

i've watched the womens sides for several years but i have never saw so many passes going to absolutely no one, crosses getting kicked straight out

if it's the pitch to blame then move for next season but i'm really not too sure the pitch can be blamed when a pass from 10 yards goes every direction instead of the player it's meant for

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    2-2 hibs equalise in added time

i've watched the womens sides for several years but i have never saw so many passes going to absolutely no one, crosses getting kicked straight out

if it's the pitch to blame then move for next season but i'm really not too sure the pitch can be blamed when a pass from 10 yards goes every direction instead of the player it's meant for
    That pitch is woeful but we've lost quality players, Boyle is pregnant, Joelle towards the end of her career and all as the uglies have taken things more seriously and put money into their teams/going professional.

I have to say I don't think we've been the same level off the park since Chris then Grant moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    That pitch is woeful but we've lost quality players, Boyle is pregnant, Joelle towards the end of her career and all as the uglies have taken things more seriously and put money into their teams/going professional.

I have to say I don't think we've been the same level off the park since Chris then Grant moved on.

and the only hibs player that could actually find a player in the same team with a pass when she came on, as i said...not too sure how much can be blamed on the pitch, the 2nd hamilton goal came from an absurd pass back towards our own penalty box.

Aberdeen and our city neighbours will be better next season
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-05-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    and the only hibs player that could actually find a player in the same team with a pass when she came on, as i said...not too sure how much can be blamed on the pitch
    She's a club stalwart, a gifted player and rightly will one day be in the hall of fame. She's still a good player but we're running out of time in terms of replacing her.

Signed Crystal Thomas, previously of Washington Spirit and Orlando Pride (I imagine that's actually a good thing on this occasion 😂).

Looks like it could be a bit of a coup for Hibs Women 🤞🤞

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Thomas

Our women's team have been busy with signings lately - McGregor and Notley in the last few days as well.

Hoping Cavanagh is next.

Think the team have signed 14 players in recent times with 9 of them leaving. Seems a pretty scattergun approach at times.

Really bad result at the weekend against Hamilton to add to the other poor results. They should have lost against Hamilton too. Can’t see the team progressing unless they find new coaching staff sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Our women's team have been busy with signings lately - McGregor and Notley in the last few days as well.

Hoping Cavanagh is next.
    Micky and Joelle too!

But yeah, get Cav signed up before someone comes in for her!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Think the team have signed 14 players in recent times with 9 of them leaving. Seems a pretty scattergun approach at times.

Really bad result at the weekend against Hamilton to add to the other poor results. They should have lost against Hamilton too. Can’t see the team progressing unless they find new coaching staff sadly.
    Yeah I think a different coach is needed.

Grant Scott back? Shelley Kerr if she's looking for to get back into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Hoping Cavanagh is next.
    Cav will be away. Probably West, I'd guess Glasgow City. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

I hope you're wrong too.

On a brighter note, Adams is the latest to sign a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

I think she is a school teacher so I imagine she will stick with whatever suits her work.