hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw these machines dispensing a local cider in Alicante before lockdown. I thought they were quite nifty!

At £500 I think I'll give it a miss.
    Yeah way too much for me but they are very cool in looks and functionality. And the kegs last 30 days once opened which is not bad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    We had a couple on trial at work for large groups, they are quite good.
    Agree, very suitable for a smaller business with a tight dispense area. with lower volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Edinburgh Beer Factory (that brews Paolozzi Lager) sell growler bottles, or they used to anyway. I got one from my sister for Christmas and I was surprised how fresh it still tasted. I was quite sceptical but was pleasantly surprised.
    Stewart's dock tap room next to the carrier quarters does the same. Always meaning to try it. There's another shop that does it too, think it's called the beer hive.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Does anyone have the sub or blade beer tap? Thinking about getting the sub but noticed a lot of the 2l kegs are out of stock, anyway use them know how often they come available?

I got the sub on sale a few weeks ago but most kegs been out of stock since then, there’s a few obscure ones you can buy but I’d rather stick to the beers I know initially before I try experimenting. Not sure why there’s such a shortage, can only speculate lots of folk wanting a good pint at home under the circumstances I suppose.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I got the sub on sale a few weeks ago but most kegs been out of stock since then, there’s a few obscure ones you can buy but I’d rather stick to the beers I know initially before I try experimenting. Not sure why there’s such a shortage, can only speculate lots of folk wanting a good pint at home under the circumstances I suppose.

I can understand less people at work etc their supply may be great just now but if anyone who has had one for a while would be good to know if it usually has a good selection or if it’s always out of stock, not keen to shell out on one yet unless I know I can get a few kegs I like

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I agree. by the time you pour it into your glass it will taste flat. Twice poured beer is awful.
    If they’re pouring it straight out of a tap into a bottle and sealing it, it’s fine. BUT, I’d recommend only getting it to drink that day, or perhaps the next day at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    There was a shop in Morningside that used to sell Growlers, maybe it was just a hipster thing but the twice poured beer obviously wasn't too much of an issue,,,, assuming they're still in business?
    There are various small breweries / shops that have sold “fill your own” for years and years here. The beer is good, but as per my last post, it is supposed to be drunk quite sharpish. Definitely not for chucking in the fridge for a fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    If they’re pouring it straight out of a tap into a bottle and sealing it, it’s fine. BUT, I’d recommend only getting it to drink that day, or perhaps the next day at worst.
    The last 2.5ltr batch I got was from the Stockbridge Tap on Sunday, and the recommendation was that it should be drunk within 48 hours. I erred on the side of caution in case the '8' was a typo and drunk it within 4.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    I can understand less people at work etc their supply may be great just now but if anyone who has had one for a while would be good to know if it usually has a good selection or if it’s always out of stock, not keen to shell out on one yet unless I know I can get a few kegs I like
    Supply of stock for the sub is usually fine. I tend to get a decent amount of the torps each order and stock them in the garage. Never had a problem getting an order in.

I see they are saying that they’ve restocked.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Has anyone got a Philips Perfect Draft dispenser?

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Has anyone got a Philips Perfect Draft dispenser?
    Had one for a few years, quite expensive to run but there is quite a range to choose from.

Eventually got a few torps through for the sub and must admit it’s like night and day drinking from this thing compared to the cans and bottles you can get from the shops. It probably helps that the beer is straight from the brewery. Heineken comes straight from Amsterdam for example, rather than the horrendous pish they brew in Manchester. Birra Morertti is the stuff they brew in Italy rather than here in Edinburgh.

Gamer IDs

The stock of the subs are ridiculous

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    The stock of the subs are ridiculous
    Used to be fine but lockdown has had a big impact. Managed to get an order in just of the Heineken to keep me going, which to be fair on a summer afternoon is pretty much what I’m after from the sub.

Beerwulf sent an email out last week apologising and taking responsibility for the lack of stock which is fair enough, they went on to say that this week they would be getting much more stock in and limiting orders so everyone could get an order in. I've checked every day and saw Heineken come back in stock for around 3 hours, and a few other IPA's at around the £17-£18 mark which I wouldn't really pay for 4 pints.

Pretty poor stuff but given the current situation with lockdown meaning absolutely massive number of folk wanting stock, and perhaps production not being at it's usual level I can understand why it's a bit rubbish at the moment.

Need to have a hunt online for good beer at reasonable prices as I'm down to the bare bones with fridge fillers too, 2 Punk IPA and 3 each of Red Stripe and Guinness is all that's left

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Beerwulf sent an email out last week apologising and taking responsibility for the lack of stock which is fair enough, they went on to say that this week they would be getting much more stock in and limiting orders so everyone could get an order in. I've checked every day and saw Heineken come back in stock for around 3 hours, and a few other IPA's at around the £17-£18 mark which I wouldn't really pay for 4 pints.

Pretty poor stuff but given the current situation with lockdown meaning absolutely massive number of folk wanting stock, and perhaps production not being at it's usual level I can understand why it's a bit rubbish at the moment.

Need to have a hunt online for good beer at reasonable prices as I'm down to the bare bones with fridge fillers too, 2 Punk IPA and 3 each of Red Stripe and Guinness is all that's left
    Nae need to hit the shops until tomorrow. 🍻

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    For anyone in central Scotland the Harviestoun Brewery in Alva are selling 9/18 pint boxes of their beers.

Ellie’s Cellar are selling them and they’ve got shops all over as well as local deliveries to certain postcode areas.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Looking to buy a sub but can’t get one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Looking to buy a sub but can’t get one anywhere.
    Try and get in touch with Mad Vlad!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Try and get in touch with Mad Vlad!
    🤣🤣

Anyone know anywhere in Edinburgh that sells the sub torps?