Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Good post and similar to where I am. Haven’t renewed yet but I will do at some point. Of my season ticket group 75% of us have, or are soon to have, young families so a season ticket is as much about the social side and catching up for me as it is about any real enjoyment of the football. The lockdown has helped me to realise the things I am actually missing, like taking my daughter swimming on a Saturday & Sunday morning, and playing 5s. Watching Hibs and other football is surprisingly further down my list than I thought it would be.
Couldn't agree more. My own kids took part in a lot of weekend clubs and sports pre-lockdown and they are missing those way more than being taken to ER. The reason for that is pretty simple. It's way more fulfilling for kids to do something for themselves (often mixing with friends while doing so) than sitting at a football match hoping that it's a good game (or, more accurately, hoping that Hibs don't get beat). Like you, I also find it fun and uplifiting to see them enjoy themselves while also improving their skills - and I've also built up a good rapport with a lot of the other parents who attend.

Bottom line, while Easter Road bears no resemblance to the dump I started visiting as a kid and is now an excellent, family-friendly venue, the product on the pitch remains so inconsistent that even before lockdown I was starting to think twice about whether I could be bothered going. I know that football's all about ups and downs but I just find that as I get older I'm looking for something less haphazard and of a more consistent quality.

That doesn't mean I'm not going back, but I'd be lying if I said I was desperate to do so.

In saying all that, I'll be a lot more likely to go back to ER than even consider tuning in to a closed doors EPL match. I loathe the way it's being marketed as a wonderful thing that they're going to restart their season when in fact it just comes down to generating TV cash. Personally couldn't care less about it.