hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Unorthodox (Netflix mini series)

Who's been watching this?

I've just finished episode 2 of 4 and I'm very impressed.

The lead actor is perfect in the role. Totally awkward and out of place, as her character is, everything about her screams "wrong". It's pitiful, almost painful. Quite brilliant casting, imo.

Only 4 episodes based on a true story. I recommend it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The lead actor is perfect in the role. Totally awkward and out of place, as her character is, everything about her screams "wrong". It's pitiful, almost painful. Quite brilliant casting, imo.

Yes. Stunning four parter...great writing and great acting.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Have got this on my list. Will maybe start it this weekend!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Watched it today, massively disappointing and underwhelmed, I stuck with it and watched all but not sure why to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Watched it today, massively disappointing and underwhelmed, I stuck with it and watched all but not sure why to be honest.
    Isn't it interesting that people can view the exact same thing and perceive it totally differently.

I watched episode 3 last night and I'm still of the opinion that it's quite brilliant drama.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Isn't it interesting that people can view the exact same thing and perceive it totally differently.

I watched episode 3 last night and I'm still of the opinion that it's quite brilliant drama.
    I should have added that my wife thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t understand why I didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I should have added that my wife thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t understand why I didn’t.
    Sometimes it's just the subconscious mood we're in, but I imagine it's mostly our inherent tastes.

Loads of folk swear by Game of Thrones, for example, but I couldn't be doing with it at all. That doesn't mean it was crap, just that it didn't match my psychological needs or something like that.

Obviously Unorthodox ticks more of my subconscious boxes and I'm looking forward to seeing episode 4 tomorrow. (Mrs R is currently working from home and we've got a boozy online quiz at 7pm so we can't watch it tonight).
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Sometimes it's just the subconscious mood we're in, but I imagine it's mostly our inherent tastes.

Loads of folk swear by Game of Thrones, for example, but I couldn't be doing with it at all. That doesn't mean it was crap, just that it didn't match my psychological needs or something like that.

Obviously Unorthodox ticks more of my subconscious boxes and I'm looking forward to seeing episode 4 tomorrow. (Mrs R is currently working from home and we've got a boozy online quiz at 7pm so we can't watch it tonight).
    Nothing queerer than folk eh? I genuinely think "only fools and horses" was ****. Also anything Eddie Murphy was in. Cannae help it 😕

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Watched the 4 episodes at the weekend. Found it a slow watch (like a lot of Netflix "originals") but glad I did indeed watch it.
    I found myself googling the ins & outs of Hasidic Judaism. Even within the opening scenes, I had to look up what an "eruv" was.
    I was completely ignorant of their existence when I walked from Williamsburg to Brooklyn a couple of years back, but the neighbourhoods there were a real eye opener.
    Always thought I was fairly laid back about faith & religion but the more I read in to the stricter branches of Judaism, the more it gave me the fear.
    I don't think I could live my life as pious as others do, but fair play to those who choose to and are happy with their choices.