hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Natural Spray to get rid of Caterpillars

Last year all my veggies got savaged by caterpillars. Just got everything planted & just wating for a mesh sheet to arrive to cover them, could be a bit of a wait with current post though. Can anyone recommend a natural or organic spray that works on them please?

2. Log in to remove the advert

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year all my veggies got savaged by caterpillars. Just got everything planted & just wating for a mesh sheet to arrive to cover them, could be a bit of a wait with current post though. Can anyone recommend a natural or organic spray that works on them please?
    Interesting question (for me anyway), I didn't know but had a wee look and soap and water apparently works. https://drecampbell.com/natural-ways-get-rid-caterpillars-plants/

Don't kill them though please!
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Interesting question (for me anyway), I didn't know but had a wee look and soap and water apparently works. https://drecampbell.com/natural-ways-get-rid-caterpillars-plants/

Don't kill them though please!
    Thanks! Actually had a look at that page :-) Yeah that’s why i’m getting the netting as don’t want to harm them. Was just something in interim. It was like a cartoon seeing the savaging all my greens got last year.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Thanks! Actually had a look at that page :-) Yeah that’s why i’m getting the netting as don’t want to harm them. Was just something in interim. It was like a cartoon seeing the savaging all my greens got last year.
    My dear old grandma swore by a mix of washing up liquid and water. Skooshed that on almost everything...claimed it worked a treat. Lettuce always tasted funny tho 😁
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Try planting sacrificial plants in the same area. I planted French Marigolds in between tomato plants one year and the caterpillars devastated them but barely touched the tomatoes. Nasturtiums apparently work well too.