hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about a top 10 but The Sopranos is undoubtedly numbrr 1 for me.

    Top Boy , Line of Duty and Ozark also tremendous.

    Never got the hype with Breaking Bad and never seen The Wire.
    Breaking bad is one of my top shows. I've tried to watch Sopranos a couple of times but just can't get into it...


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,505
    No order:

    Twin Peaks
    Breaking Bad
    The Shield
    Sons of Anarchy
    Frasier
    Only Fools and Horses
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    The Saint
    Prisoner Cell Block H
    The Simpsons (nothing recent)

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No order:

    Twin Peaks
    Breaking Bad
    The Shield
    Sons of Anarchy
    Frasier
    Only Fools and Horses
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    The Saint
    Prisoner Cell Block H
    The Simpsons (nothing recent)
    Good to see another shout for Twin Peaks. I love that show.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see another shout for Twin Peaks. I love that show.
    A series I only got into after it was recommended a few years ago on this very site

  6. #65
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,131
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Band of Brothers
    Better Call Saul
    The Simpsons (First 10 seasons)
    The Inbetweeners
    Sons of Anarchy
    Narcos
    Peaky Blinders
    This is England 86.88,90
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 18-04-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  7. #66
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know mate, sure I've seen you say about it before.
    A couple of times I went to start to it but never got past 'ross' as the CO before losing interest (I'll admit I had a few drinks and was late when id tried to watch before). Eventually powered through the first episode and that was that. Think I still have 3 or 4 to fonwhixh will be finished tonight. It's very good.
    Some well known famous actors throughout as you've probably noticed.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister
    2 The Thick Of It
    3 The Larry Sanders Show
    4 Father Ted
    5 The Sopranos
    6 Band of Brothers
    7 True Detective
    8 The West Wing
    9 Stranger Things
    10 Gomorrah

    Edit -I want to drop something for Hill Street Blues but not sure what, probably True Detective.

    Second edit -Aargh! Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy needs to be in -Gomorrah or Stranger Things could be at risk!
    I forgot aboiut Masterchef Australia! Well done DH1875. That's Gomorrah and Stranger Things relegated barring a legal appeal and/or reconstruction.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kojak
    Quincy.
    Columbo.
    CSI.
    Band of brothers.
    Only fools and horses.
    Battleship Galatica.
    Masterchef Australia, UK one is crap.
    Add Narcos and Game of Thrones to the list.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched it without subtitles okay....
    Me too. My advice is persevere with it. Was half way through the 2nd series not really getting it then it just clicked and I couldn't turn it off.

    It's fantastic on a 2nd watch as well.

    It's a bit weird to start with because there isn't really a main character to attach to.

  11. #70
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,547
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me too. My advice is persevere with it. Was half way through the 2nd series not really getting it then it just clicked and I couldn't turn it off.

    It's fantastic on a 2nd watch as well.

    It's a bit weird to start with because there isn't really a main character to attach to.
    The wire is great, ive never even considered watching it with subtitles. I've re watched it a few times and i wonder how the younger generation would take to it when you think what they do with the technology of the time compared to now. From their perspective, has it aged well?
    The sopranos I've seen multiple times but must admit, if you try and binge it, by the last couple of season it does kinda feel a bit samey like the last few series doesn't bring much new material, but I guess when you've seen it a few times most shows may feel like that. I still love ending as much of a debate as that can bring, I appreciate it as being up their with the best.

    It's hard to out a list as I often forget how good things are u til I re watch (sometimes the opposite, I think a show is great then re watch and change my opinion).

    GOT was great, I was hooked and loved it. But I'd never re watch it based on how disappointed I was with the last few series (minus a few episodes)
    Sons of anarchy I enjoyed, but when I think abxk and if re watch I don't think I would think it was as good.
    Same with Dexter.
    Breaking bad I could watch over and over.
    Better call Saul is up their (I still got last 5 or so episodes of this season to go, I'll save that for a binge next week or so)
    Not sure if you can class as a series but I do still enjoy the original Man Vs Food episodes, and a lot of the Ramsey kitchen nightmare. I call them easy viewings I can stick on during the day. Pawn stars and Charlie sheen 2 and a half men also fall into that.

    Almost done with Band of brothers and I'm sure this will be added to my list of shows.

  12. #71
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,329
    Band of Brothers
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    24
    Line of Duty
    Dexter
    Lost
    Gavin and Stacey
    Spooks
    Underbelly

    A mixture of superb tv and a few shows I can watch over and over without getting bored. Still never bothered with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad among other of the usual contenders for these lists. Definitely will at some point.

  13. #72
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    40,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good thread!

    No particular order:

    The Office
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones
    The Sopranos
    The Leftovers
    The IT Crowd
    Bang Bang It's Reeves and Mortimer
    Shooting Stars
    Boardwalk Empire
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,637
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thread!

    No particular order:

    The Office
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones
    The Sopranos
    The Leftovers
    The IT Crowd
    Bang Bang It's Reeves and Mortimer
    Shooting Stars
    Boardwalk Empire
    No particlar criteria either.

    Series, sitcoms, sketch shows, game shows ...

  15. #74
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    40,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No particlar criteria either.

    Series, sitcoms, sketch shows, game shows ...
    A little bit of something for everyone, mate. 😄
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Greentinted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,003
    Would go for:
    Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    The Bill
    Our Friends in the North
    Looking After Jojo
    Spitting Image
    Coronation Street
    Minder
    Line of Duty
    The Sweeney

    Being fair, there’s lots of quality TV I’ve yet to see and I dare say the likes of The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, etc would make my list when I get round to seeing them. The above list were the first 10 that popped into my head as progs that I wouldn’t miss.

  17. #76
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,179
    They should show the Robinson Crusoe series that aired in the sixties. It was a French production I think. Used to be on when we got home from school.

    Lovely music and the sound of waves crashing on the beach - inevitably!

    The production used a lot of flashbacks to Crusoe's life.

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, Claudius
    The World at War
    Life on Earth
    Tinker Tailor
    Fawlty Towers
    The Boys from the Blackstuff
    The Office (UK)
    Band of Brothers
    Deadwood
    The Wire
    Tinker Tailor was the 70s series which starred Alec Guinness I take it? Think there was an adaptation of another of Le Carre's 'Smiley' novels made in the 70s, too? Would love to see them as I enjoyed all the novels - wonder if they're available to watch anywhere.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)