hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I watched the local news and Roy Hodgson (who I have a lot of respect for) wouldn't be allowed to manage due to his age as an at risk person, what does he do, manage Palace remotely? I'm pretty sure he would tell the FA to bolt if they imposed sanctions on him.
    Oldest manager in England apparantly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=gloryhunter;6169322]
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be declared null and void this season. Liverpool surely wouldn't want a tainted title after all this time.

Whoa............ScouseHibby alert.

]
    No worries for me, it will either be played behind closed doors or completed as current results stand, it won’t be voided so Liverpool will be champions. (Untainted due to our massive lead 😁)

First Team Breakthrough
    Although the press want everyone to think that the nation wants football back, the facts don't seem to back that up according to this YOUGOV poll

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl.../05/11/7a47b/2

[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;6170047]
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post

No worries for me, it will either be played behind closed doors or completed as current results stand, it won’t be voided so Liverpool will be champions. (Untainted due to our massive lead 😁)
    Quite right!

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    I watched the local news and Roy Hodgson (who I have a lot of respect for) wouldn't be allowed to manage due to his age as an at risk person, what does he do, manage Palace remotely? I'm pretty sure he would tell the FA to bolt if they imposed sanctions on him.
    Oldest manager in England apparantly.
    The government guidelines on shielding aren't legally enforceable (per my GP) but having a high profile figure like Hodgson disregard them would be controversial to say the least.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The government guidelines on shielding aren't legally enforceable (per my GP) but having a high profile figure like Hodgson disregard them would be controversial to say the least.
    Especially if God forbid he died

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Especially if God forbid he died
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52683643

Think League 2 have called their league subject to agreement with the FA
    Where as League 1 seem to be in turmoil, as it’s so tight at the top

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Malt n Hops at The Shore is open for takeaway beer. Not heard of anywhere you can sit down inside or outside for a pint. Doesn’t mean it isn’t happening in the sticks mind you.
    The pub I was talking about was more or less advertising on facebook!
    Only 3 people allowed in pub at any one time, and if you bring your own container, 4 pints for £10!!!

Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust.

The English football pyramid will be destroyed - unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Championship club Huddersfield.

Hodgkinson thinks as many as "50 or 60" clubs could go out of business. He is also looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

"If we don't come to an agreement there will be no football pyramid. There are clubs I know of that are only still trading because they are deferring wages and [tax] and other creditors. They will need paying at some point."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

The English football pyramid will be destroyed - unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Championship club Huddersfield.

Hodgkinson thinks as many as "50 or 60" clubs could go out of business. He is also looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

"If we don't come to an agreement there will be no football pyramid. There are clubs I know of that are only still trading because they are deferring wages and [tax] and other creditors. They will need paying at some point."

I thought the tv deal for the English lower leagues was pretty decent so a lot of clubs have probably lived beyond their means. If leagues / clubs do fold then there ramifications for Sky etc as they won’t have as many games to show.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

English leagues have got a cheek to moan after all the TV money pumped into their league.

There seems a divide between the Premier League and the rest though as they are sitting on lots of money.

Like Hearts - lower league teams in England should be using examples like Bury, Portsmouth etc to realise the quick demise if clubs are badly managed.

I don’t really feel sorry for these clubs as Hibs and others have lost players to teams like Salford plus the money should filter down but it seems the richer continue to become richer.

I think some of the article makes sense about the ridiculous wages etc but it’s love over due in football a cutting of the cloth to become more sustainable for many clubs.

@hibs.net private member
    Players wages across the English leagues are inflated by the TV money. If they have to hand back cash then they’ve got real problems. The Huddersfield chairman is right players are going to have no choice but to take a hit or clubs will go burst. This isn’t a chairman trying it on, as Budgie did, he’s talking about 50-60 going out of business . Taxpayers cash won’t used to bail out football clubs. FFS a Leicester city player just spent £50k on two guard dogs!!! As we head into economic meltdown there has to be a bit of reality

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I thought the tv deal for the English lower leagues was pretty decent so a lot of clubs have probably lived beyond their means. If leagues / clubs do fold then there ramifications for Sky etc as they won’t have as many games to show.
    League one teams get about 1.3m
    League 2 teams about 900k

Decent but not huge amounts