hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a 30% + increase for pensioners.
    I don't see the logic in a massive increase for pensioners and a much lesser increase for other adults in the same area.
    I am a pensioner and think the price for us has always been low. The increase only works out about £3.50 per game, if 19 home games. In other words, pint or a cup of coffee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria View Post
    I am a pensioner and think the price for us has always been low. The increase only works out about £3.50 per game, if 19 home games. In other words, pint or a cup of coffee.
    That’s it for me, £10 per game last season vs under £13.50 this season per game (obviously basing it on 19 games). That’s still a cracking deal in the prime seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Were they always in the top flight?
    Always on Sky.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Maybe I should have said “expecting a refund is embarrassing”. Anyway asking hibs to shell out a million in refunds is ridiculous.
    Talk about digging a hole.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Not fussed for a refund for the remaining games. Just shelled out £530 for me and the lads STs for next season, not sure I want to take a further hit on that though.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Partick Thistle the first to announce a refund to ST holders, for the 5 home games their missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Partick Thistle the first to announce a refund to ST holders, for the 5 home games their missing out on.

Just to clarify:

It's not an automatic refund, it's only for those that apply for it (deadline of May 1st)

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    The more you hear from Partick, the more respect you have for them as a club. They've got more reason to be p1ssed off than any other club over the SPFL decision, but rather than reacting like a spoilt kid aka Hearts, they have remained professional throughout.

Well done Partick.

Said on the radio if everyone applied for it, it would cost them £80k. Wonder what the figure would be for us if we did the same.

@hibs.net private member

Shares instead of refund

I’m not really bothered about this season but if next season is radically reduced or even cancelled completely perhaps Ron could pony up with some shares instead of refunds? Would help keep Hibs afloat and competitive , though obviously reducing his shareholding a bit. Hibs fans have ponied up over £1,000,000 plus so far so how about it?

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I’m not really bothered about this season but if next season is radically reduced or even cancelled completely perhaps Ron could pony up with some shares instead of refunds? Would help keep Hibs afloat and competitive , though obviously reducing his shareholding a bit. Hibs fans have ponied up over £1,000,000 plus so far so how about it?
    Did you ever use the term 'pony up' a year ago?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Did you ever use the term 'pony up' a year ago?
    No siree but I did hear it from somewhere

No siree but I did hear it from somewhere
    😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Well done Partick.

Said on the radio if everyone applied for it, it would cost them £80k. Wonder what the figure would be for us if we did the same.

I'd be willing to bet the number that do apply for a refund would be incredibly small.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If Hibs offer the same I will apply for the refund and put it toward renewing my ST.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    The more you hear from Partick, the more respect you have for them as a club. They've got more reason to be p1ssed off than any other club over the SPFL decision, but rather than reacting like a spoilt kid aka Hearts, they have remained professional throughout.

Yes the contrast is very clear. Always liked them as a club.

Coaching Staff
    Anyone who appeared on the isolation purchases thread should be barred from this one. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If Hibs offer the same I will apply for the refund and put it toward renewing my ST.
    Yes I will apply also. My business of 10 years has gone down to nothing coming in at all. Right now every penny is a prisoner. As I buy 2 each year then this will be just shy of £200

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    RG “ponied up” more in the space of 24 hours last July than HSL managed in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Was gutted when Flybe went under. Supported them since I was a lad.
    They like to play the ball wide playing down both wings

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Partick Thistle have got the tone of this just right. Provision made for those unfortunate enough who find themselves in a position where the refund could be very helpful to them, but making the bigger picture clear without resorting to begging and leaving it up to the supporters themselves to make the decision on whether or not to apply for a refund.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    RG “ponied up” more in the space of 24 hours last July than HSL managed in 5 years.
    Why bring HSL into it? Shares could be swapped in lieu of season ticket money if no/ few games next season. Sure it dilutes his shareholding but it keeps the money in Hibs and widens the ownership base. Do you agree/ disagree/ neutral ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    How do people feel about refunds? Would folk be happy to write money off that they have already spent on tickets for the remaining fixtures, either through single games or season tickets?

I have no interest in receiving a refund but that’s a personal decision. Others might be in a different position from me so have no problem if some fans want or need a refund.

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    I have no interest in receiving a refund but that’s a personal decision. Others might be in a different position from me so have no problem if some fans want or need a refund.
    Just wondered if anything happening regarding this, any other Clubs besides Partick doing anything?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    Just wondered if anything happening regarding this, any other Clubs besides Partick doing anything?
    Haven’t heard of any others so far.

Disappointing the club have done nothing about this. If you pay for something and you don't get it you get refunded. It's law.

In the past few weeks I have have had holidays, flights and concert tickets all refunded. Although I understand it's a little different when it's your football club and you would never want to hurt them financially, I just think it's very poor season tickets holders haven't even been offered a discount on our new season tickets.

Been offline a few days/ Has the early bird offer been extended yet? If not, also disappointing.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    The club can’t do much with all the uncertainty atm .
    But if the season does finish with average points for remaining games ,can’t see how the club will have to offer any refunds.imo .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Disappointing the club have done nothing about this. If you pay for something and you don't get it you get refunded. It's law.

In the past few weeks I have have had holidays, flights and concert tickets all refunded. Although I understand it's a little different when it's your football club and you would never want to hurt them financially, I just think it's very poor season tickets holders haven't even been offered a discount on our new season tickets.

Been offline a few days/ Has the early bird offer been extended yet? If not, also disappointing.
    As things stand I would guess that no refunds would be offered (or fans informed that none will be offered) by any premiership club as the season isn't over yet. They could still find a way to play out these games, even if behind closed doors and offer fans a way to view - as remote a possibility as that often seems.

Assuming the season does end, there's also a question mark over what a ST actually entitles you to. I think it's to allow access to all home games played in a season, which is what we've all received. There were just less home games than expected.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for Hibs to state that these things are still being worked out and will be resolved in due course once we know more about this season and next.

Its more than a little different. The acts aren't being payed by ticket master or the venue for the next 3 years so they can manage better without the money than a football club can. Their staff are likely all furloughed.

There is no doubt Hibs are working on this but it really is nothing like flights, holidays or concerts.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

The difference being with the examples you provided is that those events have been cancelled, the SPFL Premiership has not been cancelled as of yet. Expect to see movement on this once the competition is officially cancelled.