hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our most expensive season ticket was £400, hearts’ was £500, they’ve had the pricing in place for years and then built the new stand and ramped the prices up even more. There is so much uncertainty around their club, and the league they’ll be in, that this is the only way to get the fans to purchase season tickets.

You’ve paid for this seasons ticket, the season ticket on offer is for next season, if this season is cut short then the clubs will look at that as a totally separate matter, no reason at all for hibs to try and incorporate it into next seasons cost. We also haven’t ‘ramped’ the prices up, some prices have dropped, others have stayed the same, others have gone up, which is far better than a standard price regardless of where you sit and what view you have.
    Think if you study the various areas in the Stadium Plan for bronze, silver & gold categories, it appears far more seats will be in gold than in bronze & silver combined.

As gold areas are where considerably more fans are presently seated, why are Hibs not being more transparent in publishing what the overall increase in ST income they would obtain if all ST holders were to renew their current seats?

In my own case my early bird ST for 2019/20 cost £195, but for 2020/21 will cost £255 which is a swingeing 30.7% increase for the many of us long term ST holders on restricted incomes.
    Last edited by joebakerforever; 14-04-2020 at 11:19 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Wanting a refund is embarrassing

That is a terrible thing to say................

If you are badly affected by current circumstances and really need the money then I can sympathise with your situation, get cash from anywhere you can and if that means looking for a refund then who can blame you.

But if that isn't the case and all you want is a refund for the games you didn't get to see because you paid for a product and it wasn't delivered then you aint much of a 'supporter' just a customer... in fact, how much money will you have saved if the games aren't played? ... I reckon it will save me around the same money as I will have lost, with a bog standard home game costing me anywhere between 20 and 40 quid to attend even with a season ticket. Who am I kidding, it's often a lot more than that and I can never quite figure out why

We had a minimum of 4 home games left, so lets say £30 each, that's £120 ... £150 if it was 5 ... so there's a balance right there for me. Then of course, if you are a ST holder chances are you would have gone to the SC semi final, which for me would have been an outlay on the day of at least £75 probably quite a bit more. For some fans the outlay will be less, for some considerably more.

Put all that into the equation and a lot of folk have actually saved more than they have lost, so what the hell are they wining about ???

Needless to say I wont be looking for a refund from anybody, be that the club I want to see get through this or a skint football league. ST for 20/21 already in the bag
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 14-04-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Coaching Staff
    I think that most, unless suffering or about to suffer financial hardship, would be comfortable in not seeking a refund.

Not just season tickets that may have been affected by all this.....what are the views of our team of sponsors?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Did you not watch those games?
    I wouldn’t be willing to pay full price for meaningless matches - I rarely go to pre season games never mind buy a season ticket for a season of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Surely Hibs would be legally entitled to ask the question - were other alternatives available?

Completing the season as is remains the sensible solution. No other is as logical.

Surely Hibs wouldn't take the hit?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Think you’re a bit out of order. I’ve only seen people saying if they’d be looking for a refund or if they’d be happy to forego it. What I haven’t seen is anybody being slated for seeking a refund. A lot of folk have actually acknowledged the fact that our circumstances are all different.
    Think you need to read the thread again. Apparently wanting a refund is ‘embarrassing’ and comments about contributing to potentially having no club to support. Those are the posts I’m critical of. If that’s not you then my comment clearly wasn’t aimed at you, or the folk you say acknowledge the different circumstances.

Your comment is embarrassing.

Some fellow Hibs fans have paid up front for games that won't be played. No ifs and buts, the season is finished either way. They might not have jobs or won't be paid for months. Hibs will survive and family always comes first.

I hope you're in the position you don't need the money. I'm sure every Hibs fan would love to be that lucky.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Just a thought but for games missed this season, a credit could be offered towards next season ticket, a nice gesture and sure to increase sales for next season.

There in my opinion has to be the offer of a refund for games missed and this would certainly help those who desperately require it.

The last option would be to forego any refund should you wish to do so.

I do believe the first option would be most popular and stimulate season ticket sales for next season when we could potentially see large drop, partly down to our poor performance on the pitch this season and also the general economic climate. We all want Easter Road to be as full as possible each week. It would also help match day revenue as well.
    Last edited by DJ HIBBY; 15-04-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If you are badly affected by current circumstances and really need the money then I can sympathise with your situation, get cash from anywhere you can and if that means looking for a refund then who can blame you.

But if that isn't the case and all you want is a refund for the games you didn't get to see because you paid for a product and it wasn't delivered then you aint much of a 'supporter' just a customer... in fact, how much money will you have saved if the games aren't played? ... I reckon it will save me around the same money as I will have lost, with a bog standard home game costing me anywhere between 20 and 40 quid to attend even with a season ticket. Who am I kidding, it's often a lot more than that and I can never quite figure out why

We had a minimum of 4 home games left, so lets say £30 each, that's £120 ... £150 if it was 5 ... so there's a balance right there for me. Then of course, if you are a ST holder chances are you would have gone to the SC semi final, which for me would have been an outlay on the day of at least £75 probably quite a bit more. For some fans the outlay will be less, for some considerably more.

Put all that into the equation and a lot of folk have actually saved more than they have lost, so what the hell are they wining about ???

Needless to say I wont be looking for a refund from anybody, be that the club I want to see get through this or a skint football league. ST for 20/21 already in the bag
    I've definitely saved money due to the games being off. The fitba is a day out for me, pre and post match jars are a fortnightly occurrence. I was also about to finance my laddie heading through to Hamilton with his mates (and was swithering about going masel').

Not that I'm happy about all this of course - I'm absolutely gutted and missing the Hibs and the pints!! It hasn't crossed my mind to seek a refund. But I wouldn't knock anyone who felt differently due to financial circumstances - like you, I'd have sympathy for someone in that position.
    Last edited by SideBurns; 15-04-2020 at 06:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Did you not watch those games?

I think the point is a good one: people did not buy STs to watch a bunch of meaningless friendlies.

The season cannot be declared null and void.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    My son is a self employed taxi driver and is in one of the at risk categories for Covid19. He hasn’t been able to work for weeks and has zero income. His wife had just returned part time after the birth of their baby. To say money is tight is an understatement and every penny is a prisoner.
    If you think anyone in similar circumstances looking for a refund is an embarrassment then it’s says more about you than the unfortunate folk desperately trying to make ends meet.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Don’t be ridiculous, your comment is an embarrassment to people who’s financial plight is worsening every day.

A truly odious post, particularly given your multiple previous posts on other threads stating you would want a refund from Hibs.

In our society there is unfortunately always a stigma around having "less" than others, particularly where money is concerned. People currently find themselves in that situation through no fault of their own and, ironically in some cases, due to a desire to protect others.

Given the history of the Club which unites us, we should each be doing all we can to stand up for for those who find themselves in such situations, rather than adding to their misery.

I think we might end up getting some sort of store credit for £50 or so.

Sometimes best to say nothing at all if you don't agree with something

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Probably up to the individual, im sure there will be a few folk who may have lost their job or lost their business, i wouldn't have any problem with people who's circumstances have changed getting a refund if it's available to them

Some of the posts on here are *****. There are people who may really struggle in the near future, or right now, and to try to make them feel bad for prioritising rent or food or whatever else they need day to day, over football is poor form.
    Last edited by easty; 15-04-2020 at 09:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Just a thought but for games missed this season, a credit could be offered towards next season ticket, a nice gesture and sure to increase sales for next season.

There in my opinion has to be the offer of a refund for games missed and this would certainly help those who desperately require it.

The last option would be to forego any refund should you wish to do so.

I do believe the first option would be most popular and stimulate season ticket sales for next season when we could potentially see large drop, partly down to our poor performance on the pitch this season and also the general economic climate. We all want Easter Road to be as full as possible each week. It would also help match day revenue as well.
    This is a good idea, I'm not a season ticket holder but get tickets when I'm able to get up.

I bought tickets for the st Johnstone game just beforehand when it was confirmed as on.

If the club was to go this way then giving a transferable credit for seasons against tickets bought for games like this one might be an idea too.

I don't want to take a refund but a transferable credit could be given to someone wanting a season ticket but wavering, or given to organisations like Leithlinks?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    A truly odious post, particularly given your multiple previous posts on other threads stating you would want a refund from Hibs.

In our society there is unfortunately always a stigma around having "less" than others, particularly where money is concerned. People currently find themselves in that situation through no fault of their own and, ironically in some cases, due to a desire to protect others.

Given the history of the Club which unites us, we should each be doing all we can to stand up for for those who find themselves in such situations, rather than adding to their misery.
    Amen to that

What a ridiculous thing to say.

People are suffering real hardship at the moment and you're coming out with that.

Wanting a refund for something you haven't received is standard. Is it any different to claiming a refund from Jet2 for a cancelled holiday?

If, as is almost certain to be the case, this season does not get completed then all clubs will be in the same boat with regards to refunds to season ticket holders. Hibs probably had 4 home games left which for an adult season ticket holder would amount to roughly £80. That could be really useful at the moment.

If you're in the fortunate position that you can afford not to pursue claiming that back or indeed you're just happy not to do so then that's great and I'm sure Hibs will be grateful for that.

But to then call a fellow supporter an embarrassment for claiming a refund that they would be fully entitled is really not on. I get that this situation isn't Hibs' fault but it's not the fans' fault either.

Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post
    Think if you study the various areas in the Stadium Plan for bronze, silver & gold categories, it appears far more seats will be in gold than in bronze & silver combined.

As gold areas are where considerably more fans are presently seated, why are Hibs not being more transparent in publishing what the overall increase in ST income they would obtain if all ST holders were to renew their current seats?

In my own case my early bird ST for 2019/20 cost £195, but for 2020/21 will cost £255 which is a swingeing 30.7% increase for the many of us long term ST holders on restricted incomes.
    How much more transparency do you think there is? The club published a pricing plan, a stadium plan showing you what your seat will cost you and presuming you have the ability to read, the fact you are posting suggests you do, then as far as I can see the Hibernian season ticket offer is a clear as glass.

Just because your seat has been classified in one of the premium area and you dont like it does not equate to avlack of transparancy. If you dont like Waitrose priced seats you have the option to switch to Morrisons priced seat and if you are really concerned you could always pick an Aldi priced seat. You'll still see the game but at a price and quality you want to accept.

No refund for me. Considering what I would have spent in the Hibs Club on match day I have saved a fortune and have ended up miles in front.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I have no interest in being refunded on my ST for the remaining games
    Personally don't want one and would be happy for club to keep.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe I should have said “expecting a refund is embarrassing”. Anyway asking hibs to shell out a million in refunds is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, it's nobody's business on here what a person's reasons are for inquiring about a refund. People should never feel they have to justify themselves for something like that. People who apply for and annually renew a season ticket are not doing it for personal gain, and there could be any number of reasons or explanations why a refund might be required.

On saying that, even though I spend a lot of money travelling to games at ER and my job is far from secure, I will probably just write off the rest of this season's games if it comes to that, but I totally respect any person's right to request a refund and it's none of my business why they would either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Think you need to read the thread again. Apparently wanting a refund is ‘embarrassing’ and comments about contributing to potentially having no club to support. Those are the posts I’m critical of. If that’s not you then my comment clearly wasn’t aimed at you, or the folk you say acknowledge the different circumstances.
    The embarrassing comment sticks out although that was made after my reply to you. I still don’t agree that people justifying their reasons for not seeking a refund constitutes having a go at those who will be.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Maybe I should have said “expecting a refund is embarrassing”. Anyway asking hibs to shell out a million in refunds is ridiculous.
    It's hardly embarrassing for people to want compensated when they didn't receive something they paid for.

Hibs, football clubs generally, are in a unique sphere where their customers are extremely loyal. But that needs to be handled as well as any other business has to handle their customers. As someone else said, I'm relaxed about Hibs keeping my ST money, but I don't particularly want them to take it as a given. I also don't think others should adopt my view if it doesn't align with their circumstances.

This whole situation is new for everyone and businesses as well as individuals are still making decisions on how to handle things. I'm not expecting Hibs to rush out with information, but I'd be disappointed if it wasn't addressed by them at some point down the line.
    Mon the Hibs.

That's not much different and you've essentially just doubled down on your previous post. If somebody is short of money - whatever their circumstances - why is expecting a refund for something you've paid for but not received embarrassing?

Would it have been embarrassing for you when you were expecting a refund in relation to your posts on other threads?

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Mine will be more than 30% dearer than last season in the West Lower.
    Where about it this? I’m west lower and not seeing much of an increase.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Where about it this? I’m west lower and not seeing much of an increase.
    Think it is a seniors price.