hibs.net Messageboard

Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302
Results 9,031 to 9,037 of 9037
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, i wonder if he has had a phone call from on high at the BBC to put a sock in it ?
    I think someone's had a quiet word with him

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Exactly, i wonder if he has had a phone call from on high at the BBC to put a sock in it ?
    He was on the BBC scotland podcast on Wednesday challenging anyone who would listen to come on the programme and argue their point with him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think someone's had a quiet word with him
    There has been an avalanche of complaints about his bias. Sure the BBC lawyers are looking at current developments and told him to shut ii.

On another note I have lost all patience with Hearts. If we never see them again it will be too soon.

If you get any tomato-soup stained beige-cardigan clad Jambo frothing at you that "everybody voted to relegate 'the Hertz', just politely remind them that a democratic vote was held to call the league. at which point "the Hertz" were bottom of said league, and as a by-product of that vote were relegated.

There was no vote "so do you want to relegate Hearts?".

If their eyes haven't glazed over by that point, tell them that subsequent discussions/votes to reconstruct the top league to 14 teams were roundly rejected by the vast majority of clubs; once again the by-product of that vote meant that "the Hertz" remained (as they had become by that point), a Championship club.

In summary, present them with a few FACTS, and then retreat to a socially acceptable safe distance (about a mile away to be on the safe side), and be sure to be wearing PPE, as you watch them spontaneously combust before your very eyes.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    If you get any tomato-soup stained beige-cardigan clad Jambo frothing at you that "everybody voted to relegate 'the Hertz', just politely remind them that a democratic vote was held to call the league. at which point "the Hertz" were bottom of said league, and as a by-product of that vote were relegated.

There was no vote "so do you want to relegate Hearts?".

If their eyes haven't glazed over by that point, tell them that subsequent discussions/votes to reconstruct the top league to 14 teams were roundly rejected by the vast majority of clubs; once again the by-product of that vote meant that "the Hertz" remained (as they had become by that point), a Championship club.

In summary, present them with a few FACTS, and then retreat to a socially acceptable safe distance (about a mile away to be on the safe side), and be sure to be wearing PPE, as you watch them spontaneously combust before your very eyes.
    I've been banging that drum for a while now - the proposals were voted down because they were rubbish, Hearts were neither here nor there in the considerations save for a few sympathetic clubs.

The media have had a totally myopic view on the reconstruction debate, all they talked about was Hearts and Partick and never explored the proposed set up in any meaningful way.

It was booted out because it was rubbish. Hearts, believing the world revolves around them, were just too blinkered to see that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    This is interesting: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53220498

"The SPFL has described the strain on fixtures as "enormous", with just one spare week to play any postponed games before the split. In other words, we need to hope for a warm and dry Scottish winter...

How are they fitting them all in?
    With some difficulty, is the short answer. Some clubs face playing up to four games in the space of eight days, though if everything goes smoothly then this will be avoided."

I'm pretty sure that Budge's reconstruction document claimed they had run the 14-team structure past Iain Blair and that he'd said it was do-able. Admittedly, the split in that format would be at an earlier stage of the season but I always thought that claim in the document was questionable and probably didn't take into account the European play-off which felt like a hastily-included afterthought. The fact remains that if 38 games is going to put a strain on the system then the 14-team league, which would require the bottom 8 to play 40 games, would clearly be worse. Add in the requirement for a play-off and (depending on what format was used for that - not that Budge even bothered to consider this) the 7th-placed team would be playing between 41 and 46 games.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    He was on the BBC scotland podcast on Wednesday challenging anyone who would listen to come on the programme and argue their point with him.

I tried to engage him on Twitter. He’s not interested in listening to any other opinion and was spouting nonsense.