hibs.net Messageboard

Page 191 of 302 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be even more clear....

“This extremely generous donation from James will help protect all of our clubs from the very worst effects of Covid-19, enabling them to return to playing as early as it’s safe to do so, whilst continuing to reach out and support communities as they have done throughout the pandemic,” he said. "

Neil Doncaster (from The Herald)

Ergo, there is no expectation on his part that the clubs will have to use all (or even any) of the ~£50k for community projects directly.
    Except the statement from the SPFLT themselves:-

Clubs will be able to use the grant, provided they are able to demonstrate support for the wider community in which they are based. This will be a condition of the grant.

As I say, how the SPFLT define "community support" is key.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by granty6_2 View Post
    2 significant clues in the SPFL announcement.

1. The grant has been awarded to the SPFL trust. They have nothing to do with the running of the leagues and are the community arm of football, for example the ran the football fans in training initiative. The money appears to be aimed at supporting the community side of football, and requires clubs to bid for the money and explain how it will be spent on community outreach work.

2. The press release mentions its to be split amongst 42 clubs....reconstruction would mean 44, or even 46 clubs.

As time goes on, i am more confident the donation is based as an altruistic gesture to support Scottish communities, via the clubs rather than fund the signing players.

As for reconstruction, confident this is dead. Like him or loathe him Neil Doncaster cannot be accused of not giving clubs time to enter solutions - terrible communication, yes! I am confident the heads of most () clubs are wise enough and strong enough to see through any bribery (i have 100% faith in LD) and would stand up strongly to anything underhand.

Give it time....
    If Celtc and "Rangers" colts get into the bottom division it would still be 42 clubs but two of them would have additional teams in the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by granty6_2 View Post

1. The grant has been awarded to the SPFL trust. They have nothing to do with the running of the leagues and are the community arm of football, for example the ran the football fans in training initiative. The money appears to be aimed at supporting the community side of football, and requires clubs to bid for the money and explain how it will be spent on community outreach work.

Actually, that doesn't appear to be the case.

"It will enable clubs to access vital funds during these exceptional times, whilst ensuring they can also continue to support the important community work that has been taking place over recent months.

James’ donation will also be used to launch one of our biggest ever initiatives, Scottish Football United."

-- SPFL CEO, Nicky Reid

Notice the use of the word 'also'.

"This extremely generous donation from James will help protect all of our clubs from the very worst effects of Covid-19, enabling them to return to playing as early as it’s safe to do so"

-- Neil Doncaster.

Forty two times 50k is not three million pounds, it's just over two million. The 50k part appears to be to help fund the clubs through the crisis and the additional money is for other (community) projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think they will announce that no votes are to be held due to lack of interest at this time. The same reason as given for disbanding Budge's reconstruction task force or whatever they were called.
    The Budgie has not submitted a firm proposal with the formal backing of 3 clubs.

The Thes have not submitted a firm proposal with the backing of 3 clubs.

There is nothing to vote on as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Except the statement from the SPFLT themselves:-

Clubs will be able to use the grant, provided they are able to demonstrate support for the wider community in which they are based. This will be a condition of the grant.

As I say, how the SPFLT define "community support" is key.

Yes, but demonstrating support for the wider community does not necessarily mean that the £50k is to be used for that purpose. It's just that they have to give evidence that the club is a worthy candidate to be kept alive, as it has a history of benefiting the community in some way.

The fact that Doncaster himself intimated that it is to help the clubs survive gives a clearer guide as to what is it actually for.

Plus, as I mentioned above, there is an additional £1M. It appears that part is directly for the community projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yes, but demonstrating support for the wider community does not necessarily mean that the £50k is to be used for that purpose. It's just that they have to give evidence that the club is a worthy candidate to be kept alive, as it has a history of benefiting the community in some way.

The fact that Doncaster himself intimated that it is to help the clubs survive gives a clearer guide as to what is it actually for.

Plus, as I mentioned above, there is an additional £1M. It appears that part is directly for the community projects.
    I haven't seen the SPFLT conditions for the grants yet, but I'd be interested in seeing how that part is worded.

Anyone really know what's happening?

I haven't seen the SPFLT conditions for the grants yet, but I'd be interested in seeing how that part is worded.

If you have a read through the Herald article, it has quite a few useful quotes from the various parties.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

Anyone really know what's happening?
    Neil Doncaster, I hope.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    If Celtc and "Rangers" colts get into the bottom division it would still be 42 clubs but two of them would have additional teams in the leagues.
    Correct to an extent, but if the colts get in then so do Brora and Kelty so would be 46 teams but 44 clubs.

Hibs should bid £50k for Hickey.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Stop it

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    To be clear:-

1. it's not for the clubs. it's for community benefit.

2. JA has "only" paid about £2.6m. The rest of the money is via Gift Aid.... ie from the taxpayer.
    Surely Gift Aid only applies to Registered Charities?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    I think Bayern, Man City, PSG and Lazio have all bid £55k

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Surely Gift Aid only applies to Registered Charities?
    "The SPFL Trust is an independent, registered charity…"

https://spfltrust.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    And apply at the same time for a £50k grant from the James Anderson fund for "community" projects.

Bet Hearts apply for the £50k even though they’ve just saved the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Bet Hearts apply for the £50k even though they’ve just saved the world.
    It's a bit weird that they seem to think that they are responsible for this money. It would have been like Motherwell fans taking the credit for hunters philanthropy

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there a decision being made today? This is tedious now like.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    It's a bit weird that they seem to think that they are responsible for this money. It would have been like Motherwell fans taking the credit for hunters philanthropy
    They took credit for winning the first world war because they had about 17 players involved out of 250,000 regular soldiers.

It’s certainly weird that they claim credit for everything but it’s no surprise.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Is there a decision being made today? This is tedious now like.
    I’m certainly not holding my breath.

You know they are escaping this,. just know it.

They might just leave it to fizzle out.
    There hasnt been any real proposal so there’s nothing to say or vote on really. We’re way to far down the road to change anything about next season anyway.
    Get the fixtures done.

I think in years to come we will look back on this day and celebrate the day the Budgie and Hearts saved Scottish football without donating a penny or in fact doing anything at all. A truly great day for Hearts.

Thank you Hearts for winning both world wars. Thank you for saving Hibs in 1990. Thank you for saving Scottish football in 2020. Thank you for for saving Lady Haig's poppy fund. Is Carol Vorderman still hosting those awards?

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    hoping that flush is pulled hard today and the wee straggly jobbie that keeps bobbing back to the top is flushed around the u-bend for good, the queen of farts should then be told to shut up

The SPFL Trust leader just said that clubs do not need to take the £50,000 and can leave it in the pot for others to use.

I hope Hibs do this. Celtic and Rangers should be going nowhere near these monies.

First Team Breakthrough Green Blood's Avatar
    The silence is deafening, has been for weeks! Clearly an agreement reached in principle some time ago to secure HMFC's place in top league. The discussions have been about how it is sold to the fans and the wider public so that there are minimal repercussions and fuss. Said all along that money passing hands is always conditional. Stinks badly this whole mess.

I'm guessing the silence is because

1. Doncaster is waiting for the money to appear in the bank before pulling the flush on reconstruction

OR

2. He really really needs the money, it really really is conditional on saving the pink poppy thieves and he's trying to find a way of doing that which doesn't look like bribery

I hope it's 1, I fear it's 2.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blood View Post
    The silence is deafening, has been for weeks! Clearly an agreement reached in principle some time ago to secure HMFC's place in top league. The discussions have been about how it is sold to the fans and the wider public so that there are minimal repercussions and fuss. Said all along that money passing hands is always conditional. Stinks badly this whole mess.