hibs.net Messageboard

Page 172 of 302 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s a suggestion over there that Budge has to show support for Rangers’ proposal, because, if it eventually goes to court, their case will be weakened by not backing a proposal which would have saved them from relegation.
    That's what it will be. She is a complete genius!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Do we have a pyramid system or not ?

Surely Bonnyrigg and Inverurie have more right to league 2 access than Ran/Cel. Let them start in the new West of Scotland league. It seems it’s ok to ride roughshod over the rules so long as it’s aiding the terrible 2.

A few of them are finally realising she has scored another own goal..

Basically jumping into bed with these new proposals and abandoning her own recent proposals.

It’s not a good look and she / they are coming across very very desperate.

The colts idea has flaws all over the place and again she’s supporting something Rangers want. The last support of allegations didn’t get them very far did it !!

Budge won’t be around Hearts forever and she doesn’t care if this doesn’t help Scottish football short to long term.

If they proposed Celtic and Rangers get 2x Colts teams each she would probably back if it meant Hearts stayed up!!

All she wants is not to loose money and get a quick fix NOW.

If I was a jambo I would be pretty uncomfortable with her supporting this.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    A few of them are finally realising she has scored another own goal..

Basically jumping into bed with these new proposals and abandoning her own recent proposals.

It’s not a good look and she / they are coming across very very desperate.

The colts idea has flaws all over the place and again she’s supporting something Rangers want. The last support of allegations didn’t get them very far did it !!

Budge won’t be around Hearts forever and she doesn’t care if this doesn’t help Scottish football short to long term.

If they proposed Celtic and Rangers get 2x Colts teams each she would probably back if it meant Hearts stayed up!!

All she wants is not to loose money and get a quick fix NOW.

If I was a jambo I would be pretty uncomfortable with her supporting this.
    Well put

There’s a suggestion over there that Budge has to show support for Rangers’ proposal, because, if it eventually goes to court, their case will be weakened by not backing a proposal which would have saved them from relegation.
    I think she's painted herself into a corner by talking about legal action. On the one hand she now has the rabid Gorgie hordes squealing for court action and getting all excited about all the millions they think they would win while on the other she has very little chance of actually winning a court case and even if she did they would likely get a couple of hundred thousand at best with no guarantee that costs would be awarded. It would also be quite damaging to the league and she and her club would become a bit of a hate figure amongst all the other clubs, who she claims to have a duty of care for. That is the exact opposite of how she wants to be regarded.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    They've all been reading too much John Grisham and are complicating somthing that is, in fact, very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    Aberdeen seem to go between voting for and against reconstruction, but surely they wouldn't be happy with Rangers and Celtic having colts teams in the leagues? Also, I'm assuming that the Rangers proposal is permanent and not the 2/5 years that hearts were trying for?
    Because he has not grasped the concept and principles of Sporting Integrity
    At least our American Owner has grasped that and the value of Community Involvement
    No doubt he will change things as and when to try and make us more successful
    But as long as he hangs onto the reasons he got involved we will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think she's painted herself into a corner by talking about legal action. On the one hand she now has the rabid Gorgie hordes squealing for court action and getting all excited about all the millions they think they would win while on the other she has very little chance of actually winning a court case and even if she did they would likely get a couple of hundred thousand at best with no guarantee that costs would be awarded. It would also be quite damaging to the league and she and her club would become a bit of a hate figure amongst all the other clubs, who she claims to have a duty of care for. That is the exact opposite of how she wants to be regarded.
    Yup. She’s in a muddle.

She can’t be seen to do nothing.

But her claims about the greater good for Scottish football become more laughable as this goes on - especially if she tries the legal route - win or lose (which would happen - but I still think they won’t go legal as haven’t got a case).

Clubs have seen right through her and rightly don’t trust her / the club.

Would you trust her / Hearts - a team who over spent on players / haven’t finished a new stand and every other week is coming up with a different quick fix to try save the whole of Scottish football. When in reality it’s all about Hearts. Not Patrick, not Falkirk..all about Hearts losing more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    CG I am sure I read somewhere that the SFA would not be happy if they went down the legal route!

Your last few sentences sums up exactly what they are all about and that’s self interest! Budge has went on for weeks about having the interests of Scottish Football but clearly she’s forgotten all about that!

I don’t think there will be reconstruction or legal action and this is all a front. The wind has changed and she has now jumped into bed with Newco to try and get another way out. What I will ask is once that is chucked out will she go back to her own proposal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The entire legal route is a red herring to me! I really think none of those jumbos have a clue how the system works. Firstly, it has to go to the court of sporting arbitration. And, if budge is daft enough to raise an local action, she must pay in advance for it to go in front of a panel of judges who will scrutinise the action to decide whether or not it is viable or in the public interest re public monies being used to adjudicate the action.

Her action was always going to fall at the first hurdle because its all ifs, ands and buts with no corroboration. Clearly her team were treated fairly within the rules and given 80% of the season had been played, were never going to attain further points in order to remain in the SPL because and quite frankly me lud, they were awful!
    Last edited by MrSmith; 08-06-2020 at 10:21 AM.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    There has to be some sort of limit put on this utter shambles. The clock is ticking, and we are still seeing new proposal after new proposal put forward. I am not against reconstruction per se, but this situation where there is no pathway to a clear solution has to end. It's getting worse than Theresa May's Brexit fiasco!

Surely someone's going to have to put a deadline put onto this - if the clubs can't agree on a proposal by that date, there is no reconstruction this year. Then a proper, representative working group can be formed with timescales agreed with a view to introducing something in a timely fashion for next year or the year after (if there's still an appetite for it).

Then again, it's Scottish Football. So this will probably rumble on and on and on. What a mess.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    There’s nothing stopping her from still submitting her own proposal which is what she has said she was going to do all along. She’s a brilliant, multi-tasking business woman after all. All clubs could put forward their proposals or suggestions on reconstruction.

The fact that she has now backed The Rangers proposal is just, in simplistic terms, sheer desperation.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there a link at all to hearts backing rangers? Can’t see anything at all.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Is there a link at all to hearts backing rangers? Can’t see anything at all.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ngers-22153840

Keith Jackson so read at your peril.............

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

took too long to load with all those bloody adverts that decided to get rid.

Blog Entries

It’s only a few days since he was going on about the cash windfall being seen as a bribe and that the ‘philanthropist’ should be wanting Hearts to accept relegation and forget about reconstruction, so that his kind gesture does not become tainted. Now KJ has done a quick u-turn and is pushing for reconstruction and the reprieve for Hearts. Talk about bending with the wind. The guy’s unbelievable.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    The entire legal route is a red herring to me! I really think none of those jumbos have a clue how the system works. Firstly, it has to go to the court of sporting arbitration. And, if budge is daft enough to raise an local action, she must pay in advance for it to go in front of a panel of judges who will scrutinise the action to decide whether or not it is viable or in the public interest re public monies being used to adjudicate the action.

Her action was always going to fall at the first hurdle because its all ifs, ands and buts with no corroboration. Clearly her team were treated fairly within the rules and given 80% of the season had been played, were never going to attain further points in order to remain in the SPL because and quite frankly me lud, they were awful!
    There is no public interest determination. Private companies can raise actions against each other if they so wish. The court costs are paid as the action progresses. If there is a legal argument by the defence as to the law, it could be chucked out at debate. Then there is a hearing on expenses.

I dont see why the OF B teams is such an issue.

On a separate note I saw Hearts fans quoting 1986 as an example of corruption. If thats the case their own team would have had to be complicit in the corruption given all they had to do was draw the game and must have taken a bribe to avoid that. maybe Craigy Boy was the only one with any integrity and took a sickie to avoid being part of it all. Also lets not forget the hearts supporting ref was also part of the corruption.

Lower league clubs will vote against the hun proposal as will hibs, ross county and presumably Aberdeen considering this is more than 2 years. Wonder whos next to put a proposal forward that prolongs this farce with just over 7 weeks until the season starts and 3 weeks until the fixtures come out.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It’s only a few days since he was going on about the cash windfall being seen as a bribe and that the ‘philanthropist’ should be wanting Hearts to accept relegation and forget about reconstruction, so that his kind gesture does not become tainted. Now KJ has done a quick u-turn and is pushing for reconstruction and the reprieve for Hearts. Talk about bending with the wind. The guy’s unbelievable.
    It is a surprise Keith would be supporting Rangers proposal. Goes against anything he has ever written.

Left by mutual consent!

Thanks 👍

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still can’t think of ANY reason why 6 Premier clubs who threw out a 14 team Premier league weeks ago would now vote for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    So if the Record article is correct (I recognise the contradiction here) despite never having mentioned reconstruction before losing to St Mirren or being in favour of the ugly sisters imposing a colts team on the leagues, this is in fact what Budge supports.

I suppose it saves her ever actually delivering a finished recommendation herself if she coat tails sevco but this nails the myth that she was hoping to "save" Scottish football.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Talking of contradictions. Budge said on Sportsound last week, it isn't about the glory of being in the Premiership, it is about saving jobs yet she had previously said they'd spent a lot of money trying to avoid relegation. Boyce's salary of £6k+ per week alone could have covered 12+ members of ordinary staff at £500 that could have been kept in jobs instead.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Talking of contradictions. Budge said on Sportsound last week, it isn't about the glory of being in the Premiership, it is about saving jobs yet she had previously said they'd spent a lot of money trying to avoid relegation. Boyce's salary of £6k+ per week alone could have covered 12+ members of ordinary staff at £500 that could have been kept in jobs instead.
    She's an oxymoron

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    they clearly haven't learned their lesson of "living within their means" i hope the proposals are bombed out and i hope relegation bites hard for these toilet dookers

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Still can’t think of ANY reason why 6 Premier clubs who threw out a 14 team Premier league weeks ago would now vote for it.

It’s perfectly simple. A 12 team top division with a 6:6 split after 3 rounds of matches is now well established and understood but will lead to the death of Scottish football, but a 14 team division with a much less satisfactory split and as yet undefined play off matches would save Scottish football!

Don’t ask why, just trust Hearts. They saved the world once so they know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I dont see why the OF B teams is such an issue.

On a separate note I saw Hearts fans quoting 1986 as an example of corruption. If thats the case their own team would have had to be complicit in the corruption given all they had to do was draw the game and must have taken a bribe to avoid that. maybe Craigy Boy was the only one with any integrity and took a sickie to avoid being part of it all. Also lets not forget the hearts supporting ref was also part of the corruption.

Seriously ?

You don't see Old Firm Colts an issue 🤔

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Seriously ?

You don't see Old Firm Colts an issue 🤔
    I think Colts teams or B teams are a great idea and I’ve stated this a few times but it needs to be all top flight clubs who want that option and all starting at the same level.

I also don’t think they should be allowed as high as the championship because this devalues the championship and therefore the promoted team into the premier league.

The rangers proposal is pure self interest and saving their wee cousins so
    I hope it fails.

Testimonial Due
    Are hearts getting relegated or not by the way 😂 I’ve became soo lost in all this literally not clue where we are at. Less than 2 months til season starts need fixtures!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Are hearts getting relegated or not by the way 😂 I’ve became soo lost in all this literally not clue where we are at. Less than 2 months til season starts need fixtures!
    They are already relegated.