hibs.net Messageboard

Page 143 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Hopefully a few clubs i.e. Hibs simply tell them they are happy with things as they are, stop it all dead in its tracks and put the pressure on to say we need to find out about fixtures etc asap

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has a club ever had a more cringeing set of supporters than Hearts have? Why are they so obsessed with writing open letters.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-supporter-shareholder-organsations-send-18361617.amp?__twitter_impression=true
    Two things

Firstly

"The groups slammed the lack of leadership shown by the league body, and ask why it’s been left t Ann Budge to find a solution to the current situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic."

A solution has been found - one which was voted for by the vast majority of clubs. It's Budge/Hearts who want to change it.

And secondly

"You can read the full letter bellow:"

Deary me!

Has a club ever had a more cringeing set of supporters than Hearts have? Why are they so obsessed with writing open letters.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...mpression=true
    Asking for "transparent" governance!

That's rich coming from a club propped up by anonymous benefactors.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This time though they are being asked what is required to make it more amenable to them. Once this information is gathered, compromises made then and only then will the proposal be put to a vote.

Neil Doncaster is now effectively leading the SPFL reconstruction group doing what Budge’s inept chairmanship of the group could not.

Fuelled by money from the magic money tree if Doncaster can find a way of getting this through he will, no strings attached.
    There are so many disparate views in the Prem you come up with 6 or 7 alternatives and still not get 11 to vote for one of them. Money will be the key for some, self-preservation and survival for others. Some might just vote against the 14 team league as Budge and ICT have been annoying tits in all of this. And could Hibs be seen to promote Hearts ?

This could go round for ever. Only thing that's changed since the last rejection is that a Hearts fan has flashed his dirty wallet at Doncaster.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    There are so many disparate views in the Prem you come up with 6 or 7 alternatives and still not get 11 to vote for one of them. Money will be the key for some, self-preservation and survival for others. Some might just vote against the 14 team league as Budge and ICT have been annoying tits in all of this. And could Hibs be seen to promote Hearts ?

This could go round for ever. Only thing that's changed since the last rejection is that a Hearts fan has flashed his dirty wallet at Doncaster.
    If Doncaster is of the knowledge that the Premier clubs are rejecting it why would he still be pursuing this so vigourously?

@hibs.net private member

Good to see that they have included the diddy cup for teams outwith the Premiership but forgot to mention the Scottish Cup! Maybe the maroon mutants are going to boycott that too - wallopers

Deary me what a load of drivel. I’ll summarise. “Wah, wah, wah. Why are we the only ones trying to find a solution to a problem we’re creating. Also we have money”

If Doncaster is of the knowledge that the Premier clubs are rejecting it why would he still be pursuing this so vigourously?
    I’m not sure he is pursuing this vigorously. He’s sent out 1 communicating on the matter likely to show he’s doing something but this doesn’t say he’s desperate to make it happen

• We call upon the SPFL to formally ask every member club to submit assurances that they can start and finish season 2020/2021, by which we mean participating in:

o A full league programme (i.e. at least 36 games before play-offs, and 38 in the Premiership)

o The Scottish League Cup

o The Challenge Cup (where clubs play in the Championship, League 1 and League 2)
    A bit of a cheek given how they manipulated the dates when they went into administration.

Optics ? Doncaster has just agreed to take £2m from a Hearts fan for free. Forget no strings attached nonsense, this is business and Anderson knows that full well. The very least the Hearts fan would expect is a fair hearing for his club.

There is no temporary reconstruction (*) that will get support as the consequences on various groups are too great as the temporary nature is unwound.

Time is too short for a long term solution, but it is doable if clubs want it to happen, but I am not sure the will is there

(*) the exception is if we say for 2020/21 only we will have a one off league with however many teams can put a team on the pitch, The rest of the operation is mothballed until 2021/22 season when we then go with current format and with the current teams as they were at conclusion of 2019/20 and so Hearts get a year in a one off SPFL then are in the Championship. I dont see much support from this but its a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I’m not sure he is pursuing this vigorously. He’s sent out 1 communicating on the matter likely to show he’s doing something but this doesn’t say he’s desperate to make it happen
    I agree. For me he's been asked to do it by someone putting a fair bit of cash into the game. He can hardly refuse even if he knows the (hopefully) likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Optics ? Doncaster has just agreed to take £2m from a Hearts fan for free. Forget no strings attached nonsense, this is business and Anderson knows that full well. The very least the Hearts fan would expect is a fair hearing for his club.
    A fair hearing is a strange term considering the threats that have come out of budges mouth in the last few months. Every club signed up to the rules of the league and no doubt had input in to them. What makes hearts the special case that they can't abide with them. They've brought the game into disrepute but have managed to garner sympathy for their cause of their own making through mismanagement. To promote hearts by default would be incredibly stupid

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Exactly, people KEEP forgetting he works for the clubs, not the other way around.

He has to give out the information as he receives it, it is then up to the clubs to digest and form their opinions.

Nothing has changed, this is an even worse deal than the last one and the one before that.

The gimps have been relegated, and that is where they will stay, stop wetting yourself folks, Doncaster is only following the rules.

First Team Breakthrough
    This time though they are being asked what is required to make it more amenable to them. Once this information is gathered, compromises made then and only then will the proposal be put to a vote.
    The answer to what would make the "proposal" more amenable should of course be a full feasibility study with case studies of how similar structures have worked elsewhere, full consultation with fans, broadcasters, sponsors etc., cost/benefit analysis and so on. Otherwise they're significantly altering the product they are offering with zero market research, which is asking for trouble. And it can't be done in six weeks.

I just don't get the animosity towards Neil Doncaster on here.

My impression is that he has spoken to James Anderson who has said "Is there no way that reconstruction can work?"

Doncaster has, quite rightly, put this to the clubs. He has worded the question in a reasonably positive manner so that he cannot be accused of bias against reconstruction.

There is no consensus for reconstruction. It falls at the permanent or temporary hurdle straight away. Doncaster knows this.

Once this attempt fails then he can say to Anderson "See we tried. Are you transferring the money direct or sending a cheque?"

Have to say that the £2m quoted is a paltry sum of money. Even the nearly £5m is pathetic. When Budge announced this money tree I thought that we were looking at 10s of millions.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post

My impression is that he has spoken to James Anderson who has said "Is there no way that reconstruction can work?"

Doncaster has, quite rightly, put this to the clubs. He has worded the question in a reasonably positive manner so that he cannot be accused of bias against reconstruction.

There is no consensus for reconstruction. It falls at the permanent or temporary hurdle straight away. Doncaster knows this.

Once this attempt fails then he can say to Anderson "See we tried. Are you transferring the money direct or sending a cheque?"

Have to say that the £2m quoted is a paltry sum of money. Even the nearly £5m is pathetic. When Budge announced this money tree I thought that we were looking at 10s of millions.
    Who is Anderson to be asking the question?

The SPFL appeared to have no appetite for reconstruction and now after a supposed no strings offer of cash we have the Chief Exec of the SPFL practically asking what can be done to agree to reconstruction.

The flak he is getting is for the change of approach. It was one thing having to vote if a formal resolution was proposed but now we have the SPFL encouraging a route to it.

Hearts have already said relegation will cost them £3m so bribing with £2m still gives them a profit if they stay up?

I still cant believe the cheek of this.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

They missed the bit about each club should "live within their means" and financial governance. (Submission of annual accounts on time)
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Are clubs that skint that they’d whore themselves out for £47.6k?

J
    Hopefully Hibs return this money to the SPFL and ask them to distribute it amongst lower league clubs. Hibs should have nothing to do with it.

First Team Regular
    Hopefully Hibs return this money to the SPFL and ask them to distribute it amongst lower league clubs. Hibs should have nothing to do with it.
    Hibs should just pass the money straight over to the NHS campaign we are fundraising for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Who is Anderson to be asking the question?

The SPFL appeared to have no appetite for reconstruction and now after a supposed no strings offer of cash we have the Chief Exec of the SPFL practically asking what can be done to agree to reconstruction.

The flak he is getting is for the change of approach. It was one thing having to vote if a formal resolution was proposed but now we have the SPFL encouraging a route to it.
    Anderson is the guy who is offering a donation to the SPFL. So he has a right to ask questions. The idea that it has no strings attached is laughable.

Personally, I think that Doncaster is cleverly painting Budge and Anderson into a corner.

When reconstruction is rejected (again) then the donation will either have to be made or will be exposed as an attempt at a bribe.

Time will tell who is right.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    "It isn’t a surprise that as Heart of Midlothian supporters we feel strongly that the club currently faces demotion to the Scottish Championship." What does that mean? You have ALREADY been demoted/relegated!

Coaching Staff
    Anderson is the guy who is offering a donation to the SPFL. So he has a right to ask questions. The idea that it has no strings attached is laughable.

Personally, I think that Doncaster is cleverly painting Budge and Anderson into a corner.

When reconstruction is rejected (again) then the donation will either have to be made or will be exposed as an attempt at a bribe.

Time will tell who is right.
    If he is making a donation no strings attached then he has no right to ask questions about reconstruction.

If there are strings attached then it should not be accepted.

Either way he's no right to be pushing this agenda or encouraging the SPFL to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    "It isn’t a surprise that as Heart of Midlothian supporters we feel strongly that the club currently faces demotion to the Scottish Championship." What does that mean? You have ALREADY been demoted/relegated!
    They’re getting relegated again tomorrow for the fifth time in the last 12 weeks.
    They just cant handle the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    If he is making a donation no strings attached then he has no right to ask questions about reconstruction.

If there are strings attached then it should not be accepted.

Either way he's no right to be pushing this agenda or encouraging the SPFL to do so.
    Exactly. He is not acting in any capacity as a rep of a member club. He should not be calling any shots here.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    If we are just getting to pick whatever we want, how about a 16 team SPL. 30 games. Top 8 have playoffs home and away 1v8, 2v7 etc to decide champions. Bottom 8 play each other once more in a league format to decide relegation (keeping points from first 30 games).
    Would make end of season exciting. Might break the duopoly one year in ten and more often that not, sky will still get it's 4 OF games
    What about -

A top league of 2 the OF play each other 36 times and scoop all the TV money and corner the European places. No relegation

League One - Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and A. N. Other other play each other 12 times and battle it out for the UEFA league place entering the comp at the 1st prelim round having to play 16 games to get in two the competition proper. No promotion or relegation

League Two - Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Killie, Motherwell Falkirk, Dunfermline. Play each other just when they fancy it no promotion or relegation.

League Three - Anyone else who fancies a kick about on an astro turf pitch playing each other when enough folk can get time of their work.

Seems like a win / win situation to me.

Hearts dont want the clubs making the decisions, hearts want hearts to make the decisions.
    This needs in the bin today.

Does anyone know where the initial figure of £4.75m came from?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

If they had the courtesy to write a readable letter with proper grammar, it might be received better.

That is just an incoherent mess.