hibs.net Messageboard

Page 139 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 9037
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not quite sure the outrage on here is justified. Presumably, what's happened is that Budge has finally made a formal request to SPFL to change the league format. The reason why she's doing it now is obvious: she thinks more clubs will be sympathetic to Hearts after JA's NSA contribution to Scottish fitba. Doncaster then has to ask all clubs what they think about this proposal as he's acting on a formal request from a member club. Having said that, and as others have pointed out, the phrase "AND IF NOT HOW MIGHT THEIR OBJECTIONS BE OVERCOME" is jarring. But perhaps asking this was part of the formal request from Budge? I see no reason to suppose that Doncaster is actually in favour of any of this. I also think there's no chance this will go through.
    And presumably no obligation for any club to answer the second part? A no with a “because we like twelve” would suffice. If they felt the need to respond to the second bit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm looking forward to Friday.

But then I'm confident that the clubs will reject the complete farce that is a 14 team league.

Remember it's 11-1 for the Premiership, 8-2 for the second tier and 15-5 for leagues one and two for this to be passed.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    No.
    Its as perm as you get nowadays

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So clubs that are against reconstruction are to propose a reconstruction scheme?

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    If feeling is so strong about what's happening, should we not contact the club to express our feelings, or petition them.
    Mind you they will probably know how we feel.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    And presumably no obligation for any club to answer the second part? A no with a “because we like twelve” would suffice. If they felt the need to respond to the second bit.
    "F*** The Hearts" ought to cover it too.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So much worrying and conspiracies going on here.

Sky have shown we don’t need the mighty big Hearts in the top league and we’ve all moved on to talking about virtual season tickets and social distancing at games.

It’s done, they’re down and they’re not coming back. The world has moved on.

Benny Anderson should have waited a bit.Waited till the clubs sorted out the reconstruction farce so they could start planning ahead.
    Waited till things became a bit clearer about what next season would look like.If he was going to splash the cash there was no harm in waiting a bit longer.
    His last gasp timing and Bribery are a complete farce and he's making Scottish football a laughing stock.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Benny Anderson should have waited a bit.Waited till the clubs sorted out the reconstruction farce so they could start planning ahead.
    Waited till things became a bit clearer about what next season would look like.If he was going to splash the cash there was no harm in waiting a bit longer.
    His last gasp timing and Bribery are a complete farce and he's making Scottish football a laughing stock.
    It doesn’t need his help for that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Does it say anywhere that a 14 team premiere league must include Hearts? They are officially a Championship side now since they were officially relegated. If the relegation gets voided would that mean that Celtic wouldn't be champions too?????

This is 100% to help Hearts. If Hearts stay down, they have to play full season to start balancing the books. They must start before January. This “no strings donation” should help Championship clubs cover costs to start the season earlier. The longer season will also suit Hearts who “should” have to much quality over a longer season.

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    This is 100% to help Hearts. If Hearts stay down, they have to play full season to start balancing the books. They must start before January. This “no strings donation” should help Championship clubs cover costs to start the season earlier. The longer season will also suit Hearts who “should” have to much quality over a longer season.

Tbh I'm not fussed if it helps Hearts, as long as they're playing in the championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    If it has a time frame associated with it then it’s not permanent.
    If it needs a vote to return it to the original then it’s permanent but if it auto reverts without a vote then it’s temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    The pot is only 2 million according to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52912118
    Are clubs that skint that they’d whore themselves out for £47.6k?

J

As before Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd won't want a 14 team league because it would mean less money for them and the probability of them being relegated is very small.
    St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Livingston, St Mirren and Hamilton won't want a temporary 14 team league because there is a real probability that they could be the one of the 3 teams to be relegated to the Championship after year 5. They will also fancy their chances of avoiding relegation next season in a league minus Hearts.

Doncaster knows all of the above and is doing a theatrical job at heading of the chances of a successful court case by being seen to do all in his power to find an acceptable solution for Hearts. Once again it will be their fellow member clubs who will kb them on Friday and off to the Championship they will go for season 2020/21.

No chance of this getting an 11-1 vote in Hearts favour.
    Doncaster is leading them up the garden path.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-06-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    As before Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd won't want a 14 team league because it would mean less money for them and the probability of them being relegated is very small.
    St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Livingston, St Mirren and Hamilton won't want a temporary 14 team league because there is a real probability that they could be the one of the 3 teams to be relegated to the Championship after year 5. They will also fancy their chances of avoiding relegation next season in a league minus Hearts.

No chance this is getting an 11-1 vote.

Doncaster is also doing a good job at heading of the chances of any court case brought by Hearts being successful by being seen to do all in his power to offer a solution to save Hearts. Once again it will be their fellow member clubs who will kb them on Friday.
    I think the tactic of pushing it out to 5 is to sway the clubs that might have thought they'd have been in the mix if bigger numbers were up for relegation.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think the tactic of pushing it out to 5 is to sway the clubs that might have thought they'd have been in the mix if bigger numbers were up for relegation.
    Would it not just be the same thing in 5 years though Andy?

I don’t understand the significance of the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    £50k for a yes vote might change a few clubs stance though
    Not in the Premiership it won't. And that is where it needs to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post

No chance this is getting an 11-1 vote.

Doncaster knows all of the above and is doing a theatrical job at heading of the chances of a successful court case by being seen to do all in his power to find an acceptable solution for Hearts. Once again it will be their fellow member clubs who will kb them on Friday and off to the Championship they will go for season 2020/21.
    This is what I think too.

Too many piling on Doncaster. He has played a blinder so far.

Does this latest vote still require the same % to say yes in across each of the four leagues? Or is this a premiership only vote? What votes are needed?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

In five years time will it automatically revert to 12 or will it go to a vote. What will be the vote ratio to change? 13-1? 12-2? Teams around the relegation area would never vote to return to 12 so we would be stuck with 14 whether it was working or not.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    In five years time will it automatically revert to 12 or will it go to a vote. What will be the vote ratio to change? 13-1? 12-2? Teams around the relegation area would never vote to return to 12 so we would be stuck with 14 wether it was working or not.
    And what happens if the team that gets relegated has a rich backer that wants to bribe the rest of the clubs if they get to stay up?

Have to go through this every time a club with money gets relegated?

As far as I can see a rejection will only be final* on Friday if more than 50% of the "no" majority says nothing would make them reconsider. Otherwise we're left with a demonstrable possibility that the vote could be reversed if a different option was put forward. In which case, the suggestions will surely have to be investigated if the authorities are going to be consistent. One way or the other I think reconstruction looks more likely than it did before.

* - although in reality nothing is final until next season's premiership starts without Hearts.
    Last edited by Glory Lurker; 03-06-2020 at 08:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Are clubs that skint that they’d whore themselves out for £47.6k?

J
    Exactly. Is Scottish football that tin pot that £50k would make a difference to teams in the premiership. Worrying times if true.

I know it would help pay for covid-19 testing but teams need to look further into the future than this.

So much for this money being no strings attached.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m sure a lot of people would like reconstruction. If so, then have a proper debate and include all interested parties. Let’s discuss summer football, bigger league, axing/enhancing the league cup,a British cup etc. Anything less is just pandering to queen ann.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Depends on the model I guess but if they went 14 next year then back to 12 you could have 3 teams relegated next year. The likes of St mire and Hamilton are not going to go for that.

If you delay that for 5 years it is less of an immediate issue.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    Exactly. Is Scottish football that tin pot that £50k would make a difference to teams in the premiership. Worrying times if true.

I know it would help pay for covid-19 testing but teams need to look further into the future than this.

So much for this money being no strings attached.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
    Yes not enough to keep the championship going without paying spectators. Championship clubs need £1 million each to keep running without gate income.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I’m sure a lot of people would like reconstruction. If so, then have a proper debate and include all interested parties. Let’s discuss summer football, bigger league, axing/enhancing the league cup,a British cup etc. Anything less is just pandering to queen ann.
    If the pandemic had arrived in this country a few months earlier then its guarenteed Queen Anne would have wanted to discuss summer football. It didn't though so we've not heard a peep from her in that regard.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Dave Cormack just said on The Nine that while Aberdeen were pro the 2 year temp deal, the 5 year one proposed today held no interest for them.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Dave Cormack just said on The Nine that while Aberdeen were pro the 2 year temp deal, the 5 year one proposed today held no interest for them.
    Did Martin Geissler start squealing at him?