hibs.net Messageboard

Page 124 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 9037
    This Hearts team will deservedly find itself in the record books.

They will be the team that got relegated the most times in one season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    So is today the day where hearts are finally told to bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is today the day where hearts are finally told to bolt?
    It should be but you know what this saga has been like.
    Every chance each league talks last till the end of the week.
    They’ll then set a date for a vote which will most likely be in another couple of weeks.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...stery-22117108

Pretty sure budge would not have wanted this coming out just now while she seemingly tried to control things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post

Pretty sure budge would not have wanted this coming out just now while she seemingly tried to control things.
    Thing is if clubs were even given money in Scotland / I would make a condition it has to be used in infrastructure or something that would benefit the game long term.

Chucking 6k a week at Boyce or a similar is just a waste. Clubs should use it to bring old stadiums up to date etc.

Donation of money or not - Hearts still are relegated and I expect the proposal to fail spectacularly today.

Testimonial Due

Well blow me it was a Baillie Gifford partner after all. Hats off to all those who said so. He must be regretting how the money was wasted at Hearts. No wonder he wants to help the the game in general now

First Team Regular

Fair play to the guy, sounds like a very good egg.

A good guy for Hearts to have in their corner.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Well blow me it was a Baillie Gifford partner after all. Hats off to all those who said so. He must be regretting how the money was wasted at Hearts. No wonder he wants to help the the game in general now

The DR story shows that, yet again, the media seem to have difficulty in distinguishing between personal wealth and wealth managed by an investment fund. But Amazon, Tesla and Facebook are not bad investments in this current crisis.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

The DR story shows that, yet again, the media seem to have difficulty in distinguishing between personal wealth and wealth managed by an investment fund. But Amazon, Tesla and Facebook are not bad investments in this current crisis.
    On the other hand, his investment in Hearts was not such an inspired decision.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    On the other hand, his investment in Hearts was not such an inspired decision.
    Amazed he is considering more investment. Just as well for Hearts he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Stopped reading at Old Firm to England

For this to cone out today when it could have been any day in the last few years?
    It just looks like bribery.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    So when he started to sponsor Scottish Opera etc did he ask a 3rd party to broker the deal then or did he do what would be seen as normal and go direct to the organisation? Fair play to him for all of that stuff but this is a bit suspicious in my eyes.

And another thing, where was his philanthropy when charities, the NHS and many many small businesses were owed money by hearts? He could have bought them, glad he didn't to be honest as he would probably have done better than budge, but this all looks a bit sneaky.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    And another thing, where was his philanthropy when charities, the NHS and many many small businesses were owed money by hearts? He could have bought them, glad he didn't to be honest as he would probably have done better than budge, but this all looks a bit sneaky.
    It does, it's the Hearts way.

One way or other the delay in finalising all this will have been used by Budge to wring concessions out of clubs, she's failed and it's likely there'll be another round of manipulation on the back of this incredibly coincidental announcement.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    So when he started to sponsor Scottish Opera etc did he ask a 3rd party to broker the deal then or did he do what would be seen as normal and go direct to the organisation? Fair play to him for all of that stuff but this is a bit suspicious in my eyes.
    It's not even suspicious, it's blatant.

I the document she submitted she said that Hearts would help other clubs with testing but they could only do so if they were in the top league.

Now, by chance or design, she's had to reveal the source of the backing and he's having to go along with the "no strings" thing.

This has made relegation a certainty now. No way could the SFA or The SPFL be seen to be allowing a club to buy their way out of a relegation. The repercussions would last a long time and do irreparable damage to the Scottish game.
    This move has sent Hearts down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Hopefully this just allows their Championship season to be played out in full then. Be hilarious if they managed to **** it up and stayed down.

First Team Breakthrough Green Blood's Avatar
    The following statements are from excerpts from todays papers. It suddenly has dawned on me that the SPFL and Doncaster himself is desperate for reconstruction. Him hosting three way meets by zoom or phone is clearly an attempt to bully lower league chairmen into agreeing with Budge's proposal! That explains why the SPFL are giving her all these opportunities, sickening really!

SPFL figures behind the scenes are trying to influence clubs to vote for the proposal but it still looks to end in disappointment for Budge. - Daily Record

He (Doncaster) wrote: “I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.”
    That’s a reminder to Budge that there was a witness to the discussions in the shape of Alloa’s Mike Mulraney. - Daily Record

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Tbf someone in his position sponsoring opera is different to putting money into a football club given the emotions football stirs, for that reason I can see why he wanted to remain anonymous and is probably less than happy that his identity has now been revealed. Possibly his offer to inject money into the lower leagues was with no strings attached all along but Budge saw the opportunity to use it to her/Hearts advantage.

Money can’t buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Tbf someone in his position sponsoring opera is different to putting money into a football club given the emotions football stirs, for that reason I can see why he wanted to remain anonymous and is probably less than happy that his identity has now been revealed. Possibly his offer to inject money into the lower leagues was with no strings attached all along but Budge saw the opportunity to use it to her/Hearts advantage.
    He could still have been anonymous and contacted Doncaster directly. I don't think for a minute that there was an initial no strings conversation. I think there would have been a giant ripe involved to start with and that would have been to keep the cheating *******s in the premier league. There is nothing that those lying cheating poppy theiving ****s wouldn't do

Scottish football needs the money and it would be very welcome to help us through this pandemic.But at what cost to the integrity of the game ??? Very difficult position if this millions of pounds donation is true.There will be indirect strings attached to favour Hearts or no donation in my opinion.So what is best for Scottish football ? Integrity or cash??

He has pumped serious money into the hertz, and has seemingly offered a serious amount to keep Scottish fitba in the lower leagues going, he cant be seen to be bribing the SPFL. As someone has earlier said, "hertz are down" theres no saving them.
    Now is the time where folk with money need to open their wallets and are seen to be helping society as a whole, whether its saving the game , donating to food banks, the NHS etc,, everyone that can make a difference should be doing it now. Well done tae the guy.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    He could still have been anonymous and contacted Doncaster directly. I don't think for a minute that there was an initial no strings conversation. I think there would have been a giant ripe involved to start with and that would have been to keep the cheating *******s in the premier league. There is nothing that those lying cheating poppy theiving ****s wouldn't do
    Yes he could but I’m sure Budge would have been happy to act the big one and be seen to be “saving Scottish football” by getting her friend to invest in it and all the while use it to her advantage and get her grubby club back in the top league. I totally agree with your last sentence. I’m not convinced tho if he contacted Doncaster direct his identity would have remained secret, by going through Budge he perhaps expected it would.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is a bribe

If every court case was so simple. “Is this a bribe?”......”No M’lud”.....”oh, ok then”.

Expect a few lower league clubs softening their stance to reconstruction in the coming days.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think you are spot on hence the clarification required from Doncaster needing to be no strings. Assumption being initial discussion was playing on the Heartstrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    It is a bribe

If every court case was so simple. “Is this a bribe?”......”No M’lud”.....”oh, ok then”.

Expect a few lower league clubs softening their stance to reconstruction in the coming days.
    No chance. Too many have stated their position and every single stakeholder of Scottish football knows reconstruction is doomed.

Any radical change in this, along with millions from Anderson, would be seen as nothing other than bribery. I am sure the clubs wouldn't care, however James Anderson would never get involved in a scandal like that. Absolutely no chance!!

This has finally sealed their fate - however they now have a chance of actually having a league to play in next year.

One guy having more pocket change money than all the bottom leagues.
    This is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    For this to cone out today when it could have been any day in the last few years?
    It just looks like bribery.
    That’s because it is He could of chosen to sponsorScottish Football at any point over the last few years as i hasn’t been awash with money
    But all if a sudden it’s now when Budge has exhausted other avenues
    It stinks
    But if it can be spectated from any pre conditions that any investment only happens if Hearts are reinstated to Top League fair enough
    But this could well mean more time is needed to work through how this could be used
    So will be very interested in today’s statement after clubs meet or video conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk