hibs.net Messageboard

Page 141 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes but he has a sparkly white smile and "gives good interview" and hence gets a free ride from the BBC.

Not sure why I am surprised, but the first thing I would have asked him last night was "alright Dave thats smashing - whats the difference for Aberdeen FC between 2 and 5 years temporary reconstruction?" and "why the change of mind?"

Naturally they just moved on to some other low ball questions about how much he liked Jonny Hayes.............
    Yep, it's astonishing that such an obvious question wasn't put to him. Perhaps as every club stands to lose a bit of prize money if it's split 14 ways, he was ok with two years of that loss but not five?

Either way, don't care as long as he sticks to it this time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Isn’t the vote for the Prem pretty much irrelevant if indeed the leagues below intend to scupper it as has been reported anyway?
    I was thinking exactly that. My inkling is Doncaster just wants this to end one way or another so we can plan for Aug 1st and then getting crowds in. If the gorgie mob are so cash rich I’m sure they will skoosh the championship won’t they.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All this talk of reconstruction for months now, since the second the leagues were suspended and I still haven’t heard one single valid reason why a a 14 team league is an improvement on what we have now.

Latest from the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by BBC latest
    Is reconstruction moving closer?

Kind of. The SPFL has asked clubs in the Premiership and Championship whether they would support a 14-team Premiership for next season, potentially for a fixed period of five years.

They have to submit their feedback by 17:00 BST on Friday and have been encouraged to air any concerns. Despite the collapse of the initial reconstruction taskforce due to insufficient top-flight support, there seems to be an appetite among the 42 clubs to find a solution that suits everyone.

A move to a 14-10-10-10 system appears the most likely, as no club would find themselves in a worse position than they were when football was suspended on 13 March. However, there are still hurdles to overcome.

Some clubs feel that unless the financial situation becomes clearer, it is a pointless discussion. If some clubs can't afford to restart until fans can return to grounds, how can the number of teams in each division be decided? Hearts owner Ann Budge's quest for change still has life, but there is plenty of work to do.

Clubs held divisional meetings this week to discuss the latest issues, from reconstruction to testing and live streaming.

One club official told BBC Scotland "there is a possibility there could be a way forward", while another added: "There is definitely a new found sense of optimism, a sense of progress and a willingness to find a solution that suits everyone."

So as things begin to fall slowly into place, BBC Scotland examines what has been discussed and the remaining stumbling blocks as the game continues to tackle a turbulent time.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52912025

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Scottish football, open to bribery?
    Or is the article a load of tripe?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Both.

Scottish football is desperate.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Really hope this is all hot air but I'm becoming increasingly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Cormack changes his mind every other week it seems. Not to be trusted.
    Likes the sound of his own voice

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    All this talk of reconstruction for months now, since the second the leagues were suspended and I still haven’t heard one single valid reason why a a 14 team league is an improvement on what we have now.
    That's because it's not. It's a made up pile of bull**** to save a corrupt, badly run club from falling further into debt

Blog Entries
    “...encouraged to air concerns... “ This worries me. It emphasises the point that Doncaster and pro reconstructionists will gnaw away at every issue and point until every club is browbeaten and wearied into voting for it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    No chance.

£50k and a little emotional blackmail are not going to change the minds of 6 prem teams who knocked this proposal back only a couple of weeks ago. Aberdeen have even stated they have changed their vote to no.

ND is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's here. It will be over tomorrow and we can move on.

Seems like ND has all but secured a £2m windfall to be shared by all clubs, no strings attached.

I think the clubs will take that and ignore Budge’s pleading. The lower league clubs want permanent reconstruction or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Seems like ND has all but secured a £2m windfall to be shared by all clubs, no strings attached.

I think the clubs will take that and ignore Budge’s pleading. The lower league clubs want permanent reconstruction or nothing.
    The string attached is Hearts staying up through reconstruction

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The article was about a number of things - The restart in August, Andersons cash, the virtual tv bit is linked there, and also the potential of reconstruction.

The BBC can pontificate all it wants, but unless 11 clubs vote for it in the Prem it isnt happening full stop.

Aberdeen are against, Hibs, St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County, Livi etc etc should all be against.

Who is for it in the Prem?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Hope it actually is "No Strings Attached"

But what are the odds of 42 clubs all keep their mouths shut if there are provisions to accepting the money?

Maybe SPFL/Doncaster has said to JA/Hearts/Budge that he will "encourage the clubs to consider the reconstruction option but can't make any promises"

He then gets the £2m for the clubs, Heart/Budge can't complain (but oh they will) or sue because he's done all that he can to discuss the issues with the other member clubs but they took a vote and decided against it

Wishful thinking?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    So tomorrow there’ll be no vote, feedback will be given saying that they’re not interested and Budge will get yet another to at this?

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Doesn't matter what the clubs say on Friday it'll drag on until Hearts are saved. Looks like Doncaster wants to "overcome any obstacles" to make it happen
    Don’t worry too much about what Doncaster wants, remember that Doncaster (and all the SFA bigwigs) wanted to keep Rangers in the top league in 2012.

Have some faith in the football clubs, large and small, to scupper this latest desperate bid for self preservation 😉
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

The silence from all clubs this week is what is concerning me - I cannot see anything on the internet about Cormack's interview last night!?! Why is this not being reported.....

If Doncaster wants this, it'll happen. I am still confident Hibs will not be railroaded but can't say the same for the rest of clubs.

The one has changed significantly since the bribe money has been introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Hope it actually is "No Strings Attached"

But what are the odds of 42 clubs all keep their mouths shut if there are provisions to accepting the money?

Maybe SPFL/Doncaster has said to JA/Hearts/Budge that he will "encourage the clubs to consider the reconstruction option but can't make any promises"

He then gets the £2m for the clubs, Heart/Budge can't complain (but oh they will) or sue because he's done all that he can to discuss the issues with the other member clubs but they took a vote and decided against it

Wishful thinking?
    Getting totally fed up with this. No strings attached ? SPFL should take the mug's £2M and use to retain the best lawyers his money can buy and tell Budge to bring it on or **** off. Once she blinks, as she will, then distribute it among the lower league clubs to support them (excluding Hearts, of course).

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Yep, it's astonishing that such an obvious question wasn't put to him. Perhaps as every club stands to lose a bit of prize money if it's split 14 ways, he was ok with two years of that loss but not five?

Either way, don't care as long as he sticks to it this time.

Exactly, it really doesn’t matter.

The main point is that Aberdeen have found a way out of backing reconstruction.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Good old BBC Scotland. Those club sources will most definitely be from Inverness and Hearts. No question. We’ve heard for ages about “positive discussions” and “a sense of optimism” around reconstruction but here we are 7 weeks in and no further forward.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Did Budge confirm Sky TV are happy with the proposals and would not try to re- negotiate the new media deal. ?

I reckon that, taking account of all the flak that Doncaster took over the vote to call the leagues, the threat of legal action by Budge and the need to keep Jambo Phil Anthropist sweet, he is bending over backwards to give all clubs a chance to express their views on the proposed restructuring. From what I’ve seen he’s not supporting it and he’s not rubbishing it. When, as I suspect, the restructuring gets rejected On Friday he’ll be able say that that has to be the end of the matter. Budge will be left in a situation where she hasn’t formally put her proposal as a resolution to the SPFL but the issue has fairly and exhaustively rejected by the clubs. She will then have nowhere to go with little likelihood of legal action being successful. Doncaster will then move quickly to issue draft fixtures and will move to get the promised cash from Anderson out to the clubs. Budge can go back to the Hertz fans and tell them “I done my best.” And we’ll all live happily ....... until Hibs lose their first game in the new season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    The string attached is Hearts staying up through reconstruction
    It looks to me like the string attached is ND to push the reconstruction harder. I can't see that changing the prem clubs minds though.

There is of course the part about stating the objections to see of they can be worked through but surely if several clubs state they are not interested in a 14 top league then that's it done. Clubs won't allow this to keep dragging on, Celtic are already calling for fixtures to be announced.

Today should be a day of optimism for Scottish football with all the good news yesterday regarding Sky finance and the streaming of games.We should be happy instead one club and one club only are spoiling it all by going on and one about reconstruction.Please before i lose the will to live will Scottish clubs just put this to bed and lets look forward.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    The silence from all clubs this week is what is concerning me - I cannot see anything on the internet about Cormack's interview last night!?! Why is this not being reported.....

If Doncaster wants this, it'll happen. I am still confident Hibs will not be railroaded but can't say the same for the rest of clubs.

He is an employee with no vote, unlike his employers. He can want Christmas next week all he likes and even privately express a view of how he fancies a roast and all the trimmings but he’d need a whole lot of turkeys to vote for it...

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    “A move to a 14-10-10-10 system appears the most likely, as no club would find themselves in a worse position than they were when football was suspended on 13 March.“

Except Hibs who dropped a place and lost £130K yet again more poor reporting by the BBC.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good old BBC Scotland. Those club sources will most definitely be from Inverness and Hearts. No question. We’ve heard for ages about “positive discussions” and “a sense of optimism” around reconstruction but here we are 7 weeks in and no further forward.
    The "club sources" is always just made up via the journalists pen to pad out articles. Unless there is a named source its always best to take with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post

You can get it on the BBC iPlayer. He said they'd only just heard that day about the 14 team, 5 year proposal. The zoom caĺl on Monday must have been to gauge what would work best for most rather than putting any specific proposal on the table for discussion.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Scottish football would need an independent inquiry if this complete U-turn was to succeed after the intervention of Anderson.

How do we know this was all above board? What has Doncaster received personally to get this through?

Maybe the philanthropist isn’t as squeaky clean as people thought he was.

Getting away for a second from the Hearts/Hibs argument - would you want a 14 team league?

(I mean regardless that it is the immorally bankrupt serial lying cheats that have been the ****tiest at playing football in Scotlands top league for a year and a half in spite of outspending all their competitors bar 2 that would be the ones to slink and slither away from the consequences of their own arrogance and ineptitude fuelled failings again)

14 team league sounds rubbish.

Some teams playing 36 some playing 40 - what a lot of nonesense. Have you to pay a season ticket for 40 and only get 36. Pay for 36 and get 4 free.
    Splits after 26 games - so lots of teams into the meaningless games in February. European football off the agenda with 3 months of the season to go for clubs that fall into the bottom 8. Top 8 and bottom 6 - really! Won't be any point splashing cash in Jan window for 5 or 6 teams with nothing to chase.
    Even if you were in relegation trouble you would have the decision to make whether or not to try and buy in Jan or save your funds to pay the avoid relegation fee instead.

If it goes to 14 teams it is a worse product - for 5 years. Season tickets for most fans of most clubs lose their appeal.
    All for a league that everyone knows, fans, pundits, clubs and other nations looking in is corrupt to the point you can bribe in full public view.

Hopefully Hibs have enough principle and moral fibre not to accept the maroon pound bribe for the overall good of Scottish football as a whole.