hibs.net Messageboard

Page 153 of 302 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Resident Kickback ITKer's teasing that good news is coming the ****bos way....
    Hibs.net teasing that it’s bad news for the jambos

There, balance restored

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Surely if the top league reject it then it's dead in the water
    I don’t think it will be. Doncaster will give Budge more time to kick it about a bit and he will want to take time to listen to the responses and issues that clubs have re. his 5 year plan so that together they will get reconstruction through, by hell or high water.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nothing would be decided today anyway, even if all the clubs said "aye, that sounds alright" it would then need to go to a formal vote to get passed. Wouldn't bank on everyone agreeing at that point either.
    If all the clubs said “nah, reconstruction is a stupid idea, get down and stay down ya jambo *******s” that would tell us that the idea of reconstruction has been decided and put to bed once and for all.

Joking aside you would think that the SPFL would give fans an update as to what's going on seeing that we the fans are the lifeblood of the game !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If all the clubs said “nah, reconstruction is a stupid idea, get down and stay down ya jambo *******s” that would tell us that the idea of reconstruction has been decided and put to bed once and for all.
    Yes, I agree - and hopefully that's the case. Was more mashing the point that even something that looks like good news for Hearts today could still go hilariously wrong for them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Joke even calling it reconstruction.It's deconstruction if it's worse than it was.
    Cant be doing with radio hearts again this weekend.
    This is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Joke even calling it reconstruction.It's deconstruction if it's worse than it was.
    Cant be doing with radio hearts again this weekend.
    This is brutal.
    If this hasn't been officially canned by this weekend, it's going to get bulldozed through IMO

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Joking aside you would think that the SPFL would give fans an update as to what's going on seeing that we the fans are the lifeblood of the game !
    It might take them a while to collate 41 different versions of what clubs want changed in order to gain their support. Particularly as we know some clubs will take any opportunity to bang out 1500 meandering words.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    We will be into season 56-57 and Hearts and the SPFL will still be talking about reconstruction.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    It might take them a while to collate 41 different versions of what clubs want changed in order to gain their support. Particularly as we know some clubs will take any opportunity to bang out 1500 meandering words.
    And then Budge and Phil have to get a chance to work through all the no voters objections to see how they can be overcome and how much they need to throw at it?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If this hasn't been officially canned by this weekend, it's going to get bulldozed through IMO
    I suspect you’re right.

The clubs won’t want to waste any more time on it with the season so close to starting unless it’s a goer.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I'm struggling to remember the last time we were given any consideration by the SPFL or SFA. Seriously, I'm struggling.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And then Budge and Phil have to get a chance to work through all the no voters objections to see how they can be overcome and how much they need to throw at it?

I assume that's what they're hoping for, but my assumption is that many of the demands will be contradictory. We've already seen that going from two years to five years lost Aberdeen's support – I can't see that it'll be possible to meet the demands of enough clubs to force it through. Unless, that is, a majority of clubs are just saying 'give us cash and we'll do whatever'.

Dont see how it can.SPFL is a democracy in major things like this.It has to be voted on or binned.

Blog Entries
    Let’s face it, Budge and Doncaster might as well come out and say, ‘We will not accept rejection of reconstruction. We will take all the time we need to bribe, coerce, bore or bully you into acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Dont see how it can.SPFL is a democracy in major things like this.It has to be voted on or binned.
    SPFL and Doncaster can be very persuasive if rumours are to be believed.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I assume that's what they're hoping for, but my assumption is that many of the demands will be contradictory. We've already seen that going from two years to five years lost Aberdeen's support – I can't see that it'll be possible to meet the demands of enough clubs to force it through. Unless, that is, a majority of clubs are just saying 'give us cash and we'll do whatever'.
    That's the way I'm actually thinking, just really disappointing that this small vested interest group are really driving the timeline on this and its not really about the majority or the general welfare of Scottish football at all.

Budge and Phil weren't interested in any change until Hearts flopped against St Mirren, again.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Let’s face it, Budge and Doncaster might as well come out and say, ‘We will not accept rejection of reconstruction. We will take all the time we need to bribe, coerce, bore or bully you into acceptance.
    You’re right that’s exactly what they’re doing. Surely clubs will tell them soon that from this point they’ll not be listening to any further reconstruction plans

It can’t be bulldozed through against the wishes of the majority of clubs. It would require a vote under the current rules to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It can’t be bulldozed through against the wishes of the majority of clubs. It would require a vote under the current rules to change it.
    I suspect Doncaster is trying to convince the clubs that the SPFL might lose the legal challenge from Hearts. He clearly does not want a legal case.

Borthwick just tweeted that the Belgian team who were relegated have won their case..

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I suspect Doncaster is trying to convince the clubs that the SPFL might lose the legal challenge from Hearts. He clearly does not want a legal case.

Borthwick just tweeted that the Belgian team who were relegated have won their case..
    But the French team lost theirs.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

What’s the Competition Authority ??

Jamie Borthwick

@jamiekborthwick
    The 'competition authority' in Belgium has ruled the relegation of Waasland-Beveren is illegal. Interesting to see what happens next.

Not sure it's as clear as then winning their case?

https://m.rtl.be/sport/1223028

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

Jamie Borthwick

@jamiekborthwick
    The 'competition authority' in Belgium has ruled the relegation of Waasland-Beveren is illegal. Interesting to see what happens next.
    https://www.belgiancompetition.be/en/about-us

First Team Regular

Jamie Borthwick

@jamiekborthwick
    If thats the case, surely the title and european places, not to mention Hibs dropping to 7th would be similarly illegal?

Blog Entries

Firstly, what does the victory of that Belgian team mean in effect, ....... will they be reinstated? Or will they get some sort of financial compensation? What does Doncaster fear from legal action from Hearts?

Jamie Borthwick

@jamiekborthwick
    Different league, different constitution and rules. It really has no bearing on Hearts .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Firstly, what does the victory of that Belgian team mean in effect, ....... will they be reinstated? Or will they get some sort of financial compensation? What does Doncaster fear from legal action from Hearts?
    To your first question, no idea - clearly. But, doncaster could fear both and think the best think to do is avoid the courts. To.do that, Hearts need to be appeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    But the French team lost theirs.
    Exactly. And we’re not in Belgium. And if any case was raised, it would take months to come to court here.

To your first question, no idea - clearly. But, doncaster could fear both and think the best think to do is avoid the courts. To.do that, Hearts need to be appeased.
    The SPFL have followed the rules and procedures drawn up to cover circumstances like this which all clubs agreed to at the inception of the SPFL. They have had a democratic vote based on these rules. What laws have been broken? Unless of course there are things we don’t know. I would think the bribe/sweetener looks the most dodgy thing that’s happened.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 05-06-2020 at 05:08 PM.