hibs.net Messageboard

Page 162 of 302 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Something that’s not really been mentioned is about how this new reconstruction is investing in the teams struggling financially down the bottom.

Doing a quick bit of maths, if a team was to get a 16th of the share of the 250k, 6k for 200 tickets x2, and 2k for streaming, this would only work out at £23,625.20 a year. However these games wouldn’t be additional games, they would be replacing playing teams for a second time. I’m sure there is probably a couple of teams in the current 3rd division that has been known to take 200 fans to away games, so instead of playing them twice, you play them once, which will effectively cancel out the additional 6k in tickets sold.

My calculations may be wrong, but the proposals made from budge with some bribing from a benefactor to the tune of 50k each didn’t sway the bottom leagues in voting for reconstruction, I’m not sure an extra 17k for an even worse proposal from Rangers is going to change there mind.

And all this before you consider that coves promotion has been scrapped, 4 teams have effectively been relegated to the bottom league, teams in the highland / lowland league who have been trying to get into the leagues are just pushed to the side, all other PL clubs not even being asked if they want to be involved.

No danger this proposal will be voted for .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    This is all just a waste of time, none of these proposals have had anywhere near enough backing to go to a vote. The SPFL need to start setting some deadlines so we can either get something sorted or move on and leave the leagues as they are for next season.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Additionally, another thought I have just had, but what if every team wanted a colts team in the highland / lowland league, then next season, 2 teams are promoted and want entry. And so on. In 5 years time we could have 20 colts teams playing between the 2nd, lowland and highland leagues

How a bout this for a league reconstruction plan.

We start with two leagues of 20. Each week the clubs drawn against each other have to come up with a reconstruction plan. The other clubs vote on it and 3 points go to the club with the most votes. Near the end of the season we split the league with 5 games to go and the top half vote on restructuring the Scottish Cup and the bottom half the Bet Fred cup.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How a bout this for a league reconstruction plan.

We start with two leagues of 20. Each week the clubs drawn against each other have to come up with a reconstruction plan. The other clubs vote on it and 3 points go to the club with the most votes. Near the end of the season we split the league with 5 games to go and the top half vote on restructuring the Scottish Cup and the bottom half the Bet Fred cup.
    It will end up a bit like the Rick & Mitty “Plumbus” explination.

https://youtu.be/eMJk4y9NGvE

J

Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post
    Double the Old Firm double the bigotry.

In what way is this a way forward for Scottish Football or indeed wider society.
    Simply put but so true.

If they didn’t have all the extra nonsense, cared about other Scottish clubs and actually produced a decent amount of players for other clubs / Scotland national team you could maybe understand.

But they don’t and the recent statements / false accusations alone by Rangers should see this binned.

I hope this isnt going to be like this from now on. Clubs firing in reconstruction proposals every season.
    Might be a good idea to change the rules regarding reconstruction proposals after all this.

This is getting like Brexit. They need to accept the vote and get the restart bloody done.

There’s nothing wrong with the structure of the leagues. They’ve actually been pretty entertaining ever since Rangers were defunct and The Rangers had to come up the leagues.

Looking at kickback - some totally against it but others cuddling up to Rangers again so they can try stay in the top league at all costs.

Again shows it’s not about the greater good for Scottish football but clubs own self interest. Just like Hearts own nonsense proposal.

Colt teams are all about the bigger clubs own self interest.

I still think nothing will change - Hearts relegated which has been confirmed - Top 12 league and no colts teams.

We will then see the season played behind closed doors till new year with fans using virtual season tickets to watch games.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Looking at kickback - some totally against it but others cuddling up to Rangers again so they can try stay in the top league at all costs.

Again shows it’s not about the greater good for Scottish football but clubs own self interest. Just like Hearts own nonsense proposal.

I still think nothing will change - Hearts relegated which has been confirmed - Top 12 league and no colts teams.

We will then see the season played behind closed doors till new year with fans using virtual season tickets to watch games.
    A dying animal will do anything to survive

But the diet Huns cuddling up to the full fat Huns is no real surprise

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

I think that Doncaster is playing this with a straight bat - offering up all stakeholders with a chance of punting a plan, then sending it all down the toilet when its clear that (for the moment) none of them has enough general support to go to the next stage.

I dont buy any of the conspiracy theories.
    Yep, that's my take on it too.

As I mentioned a few pages back, I hope a club puts forward a proposal that we just get on with it and don't consider reconstruction until 21/22 at the earliest. That would only need a 9-3 vote and should put an end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Spot on self interest is what's going on here. The problem I have is I and three other family members have our money ready to buy season tickets. We have all decided we are not going to buy them if the league is reconstructed this season to 14. A split after 26 games in the stumbling block for us, also I cannot understand why this is even on the table this is not priority. Doncaster needs to grow a pair and bring this matter to an end this week.

I dont have a problem with reconstruction providing it is well thought through and is beneficial to Scottish football and implemented in a sensible timeline.
    My preference is for everything to be put on a table and considered on the benefits to the Scottish game similar to the McLeish report.
    Get everyone to put their ideas into the mix and have someone independent propose what is the best approach for the game. This would include size of leagues , number of senior clubs which is sustainable from the commercial revenues derived from the game , summer football , colt teams et al.
    Get all the stakeholders to feed into this , clubs , fans , sponsors , SPFL , SFA and TV companies and have something agreed in place in advance of the next tender for the Scottish tv rights. That way everybody knows what they are buying into , clubs can budget and shape their squads accordingly , fans know what they are paying their season tickets for , tv companies and sponsors can tender accordingly and lets say colt teams were an option , clubs can enter them into the lowest level of the pyramid and they can work their way up the structure accordingly.
    Rushing decisions will only benefit the wealthy at the expense of the many.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    Spot on self interest is what's going on here. The problem I have is I and three other family members have our money ready to buy season tickets. We have all decided we are not going to buy them if the league is reconstructed this season to 14. A split after 26 games in the stumbling block for us, also I cannot understand why this is even on the table this is not priority. Doncaster needs to grow a pair and bring this matter to an end this week.
    I would expect this week / max 2 weeks for this to be concluded.

Hearts for example need to plan for the Championship. Players with relegation clauses. They currently don’t have a manager as he hasn’t got a contract. If he comes back to Scotland he needs to be in quarantine for 2 weeks.

Hibs resume training on 15th June. We will also need to know fixtures so clubs can plan ahead and plans to be made about broadcasting games behind closed doors.

Get the reconstruction proposal in Hibs.

* 14-14-18
    * Dundee & Ayr promoted from Championship
    * Kelty & Brora added to bottom tier
    * Hibs and St Mirren colts in L2
    * Other teams can apply for colt membership but only from the following season and starting from grassroots 4 a-side with the mini pop up goals building up through 7, 9 then 11 a-side on full size pitches.
    * Criteria for future promotion to top league includes no colts other than Hibs and/or St Mirren, no plastic pitches and full sized UEFA compliant pitches

Get it submitted for feedback and get it to the vote

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Is it not a Trojan horse?

The colt teams get established in the scottish league, and then the big teams try and force their move into the EPL.
    Agree with This and other people are wise to this blatantly obvious move.
    Neil Doncaster has lost control Hearts have got what they wanted an all out war with clubs all wanting a shout at what they perceive to be right a complete shambles

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Green Blood says its already happened so we are all goosed. Forget the vote. Its done Green Blood said so.
    Kdy and Green blood backing each other up come on lads you'll need to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with the structure of the leagues. They’ve actually been pretty entertaining ever since Rangers were defunct and The Rangers had to come up the leagues.
    Being saying this for ages the last few seasons have been good entertainment

@hibs.net private member
    I think there is merit in the Rangers proposal, it brings additional cash into the game but as it’s going to take time to organise so it should for 21/22 season.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    This is getting like Brexit. They need to accept the vote and get the restart bloody done.
    Get Hearxit Done.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I think there is merit in the Rangers proposal, it brings additional cash into the game but as it’s going to take time to organise so it should for 21/22 season.
    Not for me it will stifle the progress of teams like Bonnyrigg. EK etx as will pretty much make it more difficult for them to break into the leagues. Yes it will give lower league clubs some extra cash but it doesn’t benefit the pyramid imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Get Hearxit Done.
    Isn’t it a Hard Done Hearxit

Its the fans of all clubs that is being treated with contempt in my opinion. Utter silence from the Spfl on what the viewpoint was from the clubs on Hearts proposal!
    I know they may now have to bring together all the reasons clubs are giving but some kind of indication can be given this is poor fromThe Spfl.
    You cannot please everyone and looking in that seems to be the current desire, will never happen!
    Let's move on if Hearts genuinely want to take court action let them , but let them be aware they will have to face whatever penalties are available for doing so. Hearts cannot continue to take this stance it is stopping the fair trading of 41 other clubs .

@hibs.net private member
    Time to put in our own proposal - any incidents of sectarian chanting met with automatic points deduction. UEFA style financial fair play rules - you can only spend what you honestly make - no mysterious outside investment allowed. No plastic pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Its the fans of all clubs that is being treated with contempt in my opinion. Utter silence from the Spfl on what the viewpoint was from the clubs on Hearts proposal!
    I know they may now have to bring together all the reasons clubs are giving but some kind of indication can be given this is poor fromThe Spfl.
    You cannot please everyone and looking in that seems to be the current desire, will never happen!
    Let's move on if Hearts genuinely want to take court action let them , but let them be aware they will have to face whatever penalties are available for doing so. Hearts cannot continue to take this stance it is stopping the fair trading of 41 other clubs .

Aye right! Remember Dundeegate ?

Its up to the individual clubs to decide of they want to go blabbing to the press.

The appetite for statements has gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Imo we have to be careful what we sell and who we sell it to.
    Cant always find merit in money.Sometimes it’s best to tell them to keep their cash. The motives here are poor.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

IIRC, the deadline for "views" was 5pm last night. That's hardly time enough to collate those views, summarise them and come to a reasonable consensus, let alone issue a statement.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 06-06-2020 at 09:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    What happens when the tarts proposal gets binned, do we then none onto the Hun proposal and if that gets binned the next proposal from say celtic? Then one from Hibs? Etc. This is a farce caused completely by the tarts due to their over inflated sense if importance. If they had accepted relegation and registered their objection like PTFC and just got on with it we would have the fixtures out for next season

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    What happens when the tarts proposal gets binned, do we then none onto the Hun proposal and if that gets binned the next proposal from say celtic? Then one from Hibs? Etc. This is a farce caused completely by the tarts due to their over inflated sense if importance. If they had accepted relegation and registered their objection like PTFC and just got on with it we would have the fixtures out for next season
    Surely the Huns proposal was just their response to what would it take for your club to accept reconstruction. So effectively another nail in the coffin for Budge’s scheme. It might be something the clubs will be discussing over the coming season but it won’t be happening any time soon.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.