hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    does anyone have a contact number for the ticket office, I need to ask a question. I saw it somewhere but can't find it now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does anyone have a contact number for the ticket office, I need to ask a question. I saw it somewhere but can't find it now
    0131 661 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Not clear what that means. If it was 20k just to cover additional costs then that seems outrageous and certainly not what Hearts were paying. Basically it would kill any deal.

If it means having more fans than normal to cover extra costs then it needs to be carefully considered. We need to start playing in front of fans when we reasonably can. I think away fans are unlikely to begin with.
    Will be more than Hearts paid maybe due to extra costs involved in making the stadium bio secure, keeping fans safe, etc? Anyway Leeann did say that, suggesting we may not want to go down that route, given we may make a big loss each "home" match.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KennyMillar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    The Ticket Office is closed at the moment but you can use their temporary dedicated line on 07783 626141.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Yeah but we had 13500 season tickets sold. We're 4500 short of that number, might be around 3500 short the time the season starts. No chance we'd get 6500 pay the gate punters in for each game. First home game we might as it will be a novelty but after that I doubt it.

For all people are itching to get back to a live game there could be an equal number who don't care for Murrayfield. Guess it depends on the restrictions in place. I'd most probably go cos I've got my season ticket but would I be inclined to pay £25+ on the day. Not sure...

The 4,500 people that haven't renewed their Season Tickets are additional potential walk-ups. They're just as likely to want to attend the game as the people that normally buy single match tickets (perhaps even more likely, in some cases)

Also, I'd be absolutely amazed if there were more than a handful of people that refused to attend a Hibs game just because it was being played at Murrayfield, and not Easter Road.

I realise that the club might, in the end, decide they don't want to take the risk of playing some games at Murrayfield (depending on how much the SRU are asking) but I honestly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that it might be cost effective.

You have to take into account as well that, if it was cost neutral (i.e. no extra profit to be gained), that the club might just opt for Murrayfield as a way to reward Season Ticket holders for backing the club in it's hour of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    The 4,500 people that haven't renewed their Season Tickets are additional potential walk-ups. They're just as likely to want to attend the game as the people that normally buy single match tickets (perhaps even more likely, in some cases)

Also, I'd be absolutely amazed if there were more than a handful of people that refused to attend a Hibs game just because it was being played at Murrayfield, and not Easter Road.

I realise that the club might, in the end, decide they don't want to take the risk of playing some games at Murrayfield (depending on how much the SRU are asking) but I honestly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that it might be cost effective.

You have to take into account as well that, if it was cost neutral (i.e. no extra profit to be gained), that the club might just opt for Murrayfield as a way to reward Season Ticket holders for backing the club in it's hour of need.
    Never said anyone would refuse. Said may not care for it depending on restrictions in place and still stand by that. I'm still failing to see that if we can't get 16500 at Easter Road for most matches and thats including away fans in normal conditions (groups allowed, buses ok, pubs open etc etc) - how we'll somehow end up with 16500 at a quarter full rugby stadium at the other end of the city, with increased ticket prices, potentially reduced bus time tables, potentially reduced parking the way the city is going, potential mandatory facemasks, potential queing at daft oclock to get in, potentially no groups etc etc.

The Poles last week started opening stadiums to 25% of capacity. I'd rather see us going down that route. Think I read Austria are allowing crowds of 10,000 from Sept 1st? Hopefully not to long before we're back at ER.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Finally got around to renewing this morning!

@hibs.net private member
    I have a hard time imagining social distancing being maintained at all times in a football stadium. It's fine while everyone is sitting down, but what when the game ends and everyone is in a hurry to get out the stadium? Or even when someone in your row needs to go to the toilet or decides to leave before the end of the game? To me this has to be all or nothing. I have renewed my ST and I'd rather watch on Hibs TV than the club ends up losing money renting Murrayfield.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally would definitely go to watch at Murrayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally would definitely go to watch at Murrayfield.
    I think if we have the one of the ugly sisters from Glasgow at home in the first couple of months we will play there. But I do like the idea of playing there and selling tickets for walks up. Surely we could get a decent crowd and try and break even.

Try and get 4K walk ups paying £25. That would be £100k. Must be about what the costs would be.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    I think if we have the one of the ugly sisters from Glasgow at home in the first couple of months we will play there. But I do like the idea of playing there and selling tickets for walks up. Surely we could get a decent crowd and try and break even.
    I think if against a team with half decent away crowd could potentially make a profit. Obviously social distancing will have an impact. Will be interesting to see how the fixtures computer randomly selects the games given what appeared to be an agreement the first old firm game would be as late as possible so more chance of crowd being allowed. Wouldn't want to miss some of the bigger attended games commercially due to no crowds allowed.

Try and get 4K walk ups paying £25. That would be £100k. Must be about what the costs would be.

The average price would be lower than that, maybe about £18, so would need to be a bit more people, or a lower rental cost.

My personal opinion is that we could get ~5,000 walk-ups, other people disagree. Nobody knows for sure

As is obvious from my previous posts ;), my preference would be to use Murrayfield, but I trust the club to get the balance right between the interests of the supporters and the cost to the club.

Can see us selling 10,000 season tickets by close of play on July 3rd.
    If the club can subsequently rent Murrayfield for the start of the season a further 2,500 folk could be persuaded to buy season tickets and another 3,500 would come along as walk ups.
    6,000 extra tickets at £18 a pop is £108k per game which would more than pay for the rental.

More importantly the extra season ticket sales also takes away the risk of those same 2,500 folk waiting until January to buy a half season ticket, becoming a game selective walk up from then on or worst of all drifting away completely from actively supporting Hibs all of which will cost the club a lot of cash in both the short and long term.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-06-2020 at 10:26 AM.

I think if against a team with half decent away crowd could potentially make a profit. Obviously social distancing will have an impact. Will be interesting to see how the fixtures computer randomly selects the games given what appeared to be an agreement the first old firm game would be as late as possible so more chance of crowd being allowed. Wouldn't want to miss some of the bigger attended games commercially due to no crowds allowed.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I have a hard time imagining social distancing being maintained at all times in a football stadium. It's fine while everyone is sitting down, but what when the game ends and everyone is in a hurry to get out the stadium? Or even when someone in your row needs to go to the toilet or decides to leave before the end of the game? To me this has to be all or nothing. I have renewed my ST and I'd rather watch on Hibs TV than the club ends up losing money renting Murrayfield.
    Getting people in and out of the stadium is the main issue, you'd have to ask people to arrive really early and you'd need to leave row by row almost similar to school children.

The matter of someone going to the toilet during the game wouldn't be an issue, the time it took for them to pass would be so minimal your at less risk than you are passing someone in the supermarket (unless they coughed on you as they went by).

Were it to happen I'd imagine masks would be mandatory and that in itself leads to issues as you'll have folk who refuse to wear them and then aggravation between fans about it. You're also giving the badly behaved an excuse to cover themselves and be more difficult to identify while making a nuisance of themselves.

Stewarding costs would almost definitely increase both in number required and in their rate of pay so it's another reason why it may not happen.

Like most things related to the pandemic there's no easy answer and people have a lot of differing ideas about what is and is not the right thing for others to be doing so there's a potential for bad scenes in the crowd. I don't envy the decision makers in this, my preference is we are a bit more cautious. I think you could do it with 10k season ticket holders and only allow them in but walk ups and away fans need to wait in my opinion.

Just renewed x2
    GGTTH

Finally Bit The Bullet and renewed mine
    Used the non interest payment scheme or to be precise my son did it fir me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see people still buying season tickets, some club, some fans

Renewing /buying season tickets still best way to contribute if you can and brilliant to see more st added to the total hopefully get to the 10,000 target asap brilliant support Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    Superb man.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Finally got round to renewing today.

Another couple renewed, great effort from the fans

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I know 2 who will 100% be renewing tomorrow

Just tried to renew. Paying by instalments with V12. Get as far as the ‘sign your agreement’ page, the click through and get an “Oops - Access Denied” page.
    Have tried it 2 or 3 times, same result.
    Do I phone V12 to sort out or contact the Ticket Office?

Bring back Zebra!! Never had any issues with them. Pity they pulled out of ST schemes.

Hibs could break 10k and Aberdeen and hearts will still be the headline teams getting praised for selling lower seats.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Hibs could break 10k and Aberdeen and hearts will still be the headline teams getting praised for selling lower seats.
    If we can get to 10,000 season ticket holders and 5000 HSL members that would be a tremendous effort by all.

It's achievable too let's keep both going and get as many as we can

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    If we can get to 10,000 season ticket holders and 5000 HSL members that would be a tremendous effort by all.

It's achievable too let's keep both going and get as many as we can
    That would be incredible and we aren't far away

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Just tried to renew. Paying by instalments with V12. Get as far as the ‘sign your agreement’ page, the click through and get an “Oops - Access Denied” page.

Bring back Zebra!! Never had any issues with them. Pity they pulled out of ST schemes.
    First time I’ve heard of anyone having this type of issue with V12. Sounds more like your device to be honest.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post

I would give it a try in a different browser. If you weren't already accessing it in Google Chrome, I'd try that first – as the most popular browser it's the one that developers test against most, so it's least likely to run into compatibility problems with a modern site.

Otherwise, from what I've read on here the Ticket Office have been good in helping people having trouble with V12, so try them?