hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would, however, they play the wee teams in the group stages of the league cup, as they did this season so not much chance of that happening. If it does it's their own fault just like hearts getting relegated.
    The ‘wee teams’ who might not be able to afford to play due to Covid 19 testing costs and no income if they have to play behind closed doors? Sounds like a plan.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Renewing my season tickets this week. Planning on using the payment plan but never used it before. If I sign up to it, does the finance company bombard you with constant emails punting other services they provide?

@hibs.net private member
    No.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Renewing my season tickets this week. Planning on using the payment plan but never used it before. If I sign up to it, does the finance company bombard you with constant emails punting other services they provide?
    Defo not.

Over 9k sold now. Getting to 10k would be astonishing.
    Last edited by Since452; 29-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    All very straight forward in my experience.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Very possible though!

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Very possible though!

Yep, nearly five weeks still to go.

Easily. I think they will pass 11k and perhaps even hit 12k by KO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I'd be amazed, but delighted, if we get over 10K. Lots of people will have less money and the thought of shelling out for a TV season ticket at least for the early months of the season might not be attractive. Saying that the Scottish Government are making encouraging noises and we might get fans at football in the not to distant future. That good news coupled with yet more embarrassment for our noisy neighbours could bolster number, which are excellent already.

@hibs.net private member
    Signed up tonight using the payment plan, first time i've used it, very straight forward and efficient. You have the option of declining any future marketing calls/emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Wonder if the more tickets we sell it would make murrayfield more of an option? If we coukd get 14k tickets it could give the club a decision to make assuming we could get supporters in the stadium

Another two purchased.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Wonder if the more tickets we sell it would make murrayfield more of an option? If we coukd get 14k tickets it could give the club a decision to make assuming we could get supporters in the stadium
    The trouble with using Murrayfield is I can't see it being made available free of charge by the SRU, so who pays for it's use ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Signed up tonight using the payment plan, first time i've used it, very straight forward and efficient. You have the option of declining any future marketing calls/emails.
    Yeah I did it that way in the end

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    The trouble with using Murrayfield is I can't see it being made available free of charge by the SRU, so who pays for it's use ?
    Think Leeann said we need about 20 k there to cover SRU charge and costs?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

We need a.Benefactor who would kindly foot the Bill Surely Anderson could help out given he likes Clubs involved in Community Projects !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bought mine tonight

The walk ups.

Season ticket holders will get in for nothing, so the more that are sold, the less likely Murrayfield is as an option.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Is there likely to be a period for seat swapping before going back on sale?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^I emailed the club about this before the deadline was extended and they put my name on a list as I’m after a specific seat.

I’d imagine they will still go with this, just a month later. From memory you usually have a week or two to swap seats before they go on general sale.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post

It really is too big, the costs are prohibitive as the whole stadium would need to be fully opened and policed/stewarded.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just need a marquée signing...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

There would be a massive difference in the number of people able to attend games.

For example, if the capacity for games is limited to 25%, then you could only get 5,000 people inside Easter Road, but you could have about 16,500 inside Murrayfield.

Say we reach 10,000 ST sales by the time the season starts, that means a potential to sell an extra 6,500 tickets per game. That's over £100k in potential extra income per match.

Those numbers really do give you a lump in the throat. Absolutely brilliant. I remember when 9000 season tickets was the norm during normal circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    There would be a massive difference in the number of people able to attend games.

For example, if the capacity for games is limited to 25%, then you could only get 5,000 people inside Easter Road, but you could have about 16,500 inside Murrayfield.

Say we reach 10,000 ST sales by the time the season starts, that means a potential to sell an extra 6,500 tickets per game. That's over £100k in potential extra income per match.
    Those figures will depend on if away fans are allowed. Other than derbies we don't get anything near 16.5k home fans at Easter Road. No chance of us getting anything near that at Murrayfield imo

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

I don't disagree with your first sentence, but how much will it cost to hire Murrayfield ? There is a big difference to when they used it and flogged thousands of tickets to the Huns for example. We are already losing a lot of money, I wouldn't want to see situation where playing games at Murrayfield cost us money, so we'd need to ensure we had enough walk ups to stop that happening. From a personal point of view watching us play there has little appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Those figures will depend on if away fans are allowed. Other than derbies we don't get anything near 16.5k home fans at Easter Road. No chance of us getting anything near that at Murrayfield imo

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'anything near'.

Our last non-derby home game was against Livi and the attendance was 15,500, with only a couple of hundred Livi fans.

Our first home game of last season was against St Mirren where the attendance was 16,600, with about 500 St Mirren fans.

We're now in a situation where people are desperate to attend games in person, so I'd imagine the demand would be pretty high.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 30-06-2020 at 07:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post

Not clear what that means. If it was 20k just to cover additional costs then that seems outrageous and certainly not what Hearts were paying. Basically it would kill any deal.

If it means having more fans than normal to cover extra costs then it needs to be carefully considered. We need to start playing in front of fans when we reasonably can. I think away fans are unlikely to begin with.

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'anything near'.

Our last non-derby home game was against Livi and the attendance was 15,500, with only a couple of hundred Livi fans.

Our first home game of last season was against St Mirren where the attendance was 16,600, with about 500 St Mirren fans.

We're now in a situation where people are desperate to attend games in person, so I'd imagine the demand would be pretty high.
    Yeah but we had 13500 season tickets sold. We're 4500 short of that number, might be around 3500 short the time the season starts. No chance we'd get 6500 pay the gate punters in for each game. First home game we might as it will be a novelty but after that I doubt it.

For all people are itching to get back to a live game there could be an equal number who don't care for Murrayfield. Guess it depends on the restrictions in place. I'd most probably go cos I've got my season ticket but would I be inclined to pay £25+ on the day. Not sure...