hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    If you buy a season ticket you should get a sloppy joe and a pair o baffys to watch the games in the hoose

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see the Record is running with virtual Season tickets so that fans can watch the games through Hibs.TV live in the U.K., while their are restrictions in fans entering grounds.

Seems great to an Ex Pat like me (who lives in England).

J
    Official confirmation of the ‘virtual season ticket’ now on the SPFL website. The way it’s worded suggests clubs can offer this. Exact wording is “During the 2020/21 season, each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games.“

My question would be, and I’m sure this will be clarified, will ST holders be expected to pay over and above their ST outlay to watch matches they can’t attend due to restrictions? I certainly hope not!!

Of course it won't be based on who bought first. Ridiculous suggestion to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Official confirmation of the ‘virtual season ticket’ now on the SPFL website. The way it’s worded suggests clubs can offer this. Exact wording is “During the 2020/21 season, each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games.“

My question would be, and I’m sure this will be clarified, will ST holders be expected to pay over and above their ST outlay to watch matches they can’t attend due to restrictions? I certainly hope not!!
    I'm sure it's just the wording. If you have bought a season ticket then I'm 99.9% confident Hibs won't be asking you for any additional money to watch the game in the house

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    I don't have a season ticket given where I live but I am confident that the club will not be charging season ticket holders anything but will be looking at how best to sort access to non season ticket holders. Hopefully this is a brilliant short/mid term solution.
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

The pricing for non season ticket holders will be interesting

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I'm sure it's just the wording. If you have bought a season ticket then I'm 99.9% confident Hibs won't be asking you for any additional money to watch the game in the house
    Yes agreed it would be unfair anyway as only one fee per household would mean multiple ST holders in same house could watch it, or indeed anyone else invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    If you buy a season ticket you should get a sloppy joe and a pair o baffys to watch the games in the hoose
    Baffys. Been a while since I've heard that word. Made my day 👍😃

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Renewed on the day they were released but given I’m shielding I probably won’t be back at football until an effective vaccine is available. I’m sure there will be a fair few like me out there. If and it’s a big if, they find a way of getting people in and out of a stadium safely and there are less seats available than ST holder then it certainly should be done by ballot. Just because your circumstances allowed you to buy early shouldn’t give you priority, that’s like punishing someone for getting paid on a different day or not having any savings.
    Following on your mention of getting in and out the stadium safely.
    Did anyone see the the farce in Westminster yesterday where just over 400 MPs took 46 minutes to walk single fille, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres, in a Disneyworld queuing style system through the lobbies, outbuildings, gardenS of the HoP to make a vote.

Multiply that scenario by a factor of up to 50x and you’ll see the difficulties the club faces in being able to allow a crowd of any amount in thousands to enter the stadium safely under current guidelines. Let alone the reverse scenario at the end of the game, not to mention loo breaks or going for a pie and bovril at half time.

Reality is, that crowds of any size are unlikely to be allowed in stadiums any time soon, possibly not even until next year. Even if they are allowed, would you feel 100% confident you’d be safe and in no danger of picking up the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Walk ups only at the games������...thats extra revenue as the STs can live stream for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Those who didn’t swing and swither worrying about Hearts should get even more priority ��
    Well done guys, cheered me up

Think we will get to every 2nd or 3rd game in rotation and hope that the evidence of the lack of transmission in the open air grows in the meantime.

Interestingly Kilmarnock and their supporters could be onto a winner with their massive ground and low supporter numbers. 18,000 capacity and 4,500 regular supporters so they should all be able to attend.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Some amount of "uber fan" pish being spouted on this thread. People thinking they are better supporters because they renewed before others. Pretty pathetic and sad.

Well, it's either that.... or a great big 'whoosh' on your part after people making joking replies about when they bought their season tickets.

Seriously, mate, take the grumpy glasses off and read the last few posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Of course it won't be based on who bought first. Ridiculous suggestion to be honest.
    Yeah, we know, that's why nobody has seriously suggested doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Baffys. Been a while since I've heard that word. Made my day
    Still used in Fife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Dave Cormack quoted as.

Behind closed doors from August to End Oct
    November/December limited fans
    Jan 2021 full stadia

I think it will be better than that - assuming rates continue to drop - but I guess that’s a decent time line.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Dave Cormack quoted as.

Jan 2021 full stadia

I think it will be better than that - assuming rates continue to drop - but I guess that’s a decent time line.
    There are no reasons why this can’t become a reality. With the correct restrictions and strategies in place it is very achievable.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    There are no reasons why this can’t become a reality. With the correct restrictions and strategies in place it is very achievable.
    Absolutely. Restrictions and rules which are part of this phase of lockdown will reduce as the months go on.

If we have several more months of the key metrics going down then it’s very difficult to justify not returning to normal in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Dave Cormack quoted as.

Jan 2021 full stadia

Any second wave is more likely now to potentially be in the winter months so interesting to see they are saying this is the very time we might be allowed back
    However the second wave may never come as we find ways to live with the virus
    So will just need to wait and see what transpires

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If we don't get access to Murrayfield, how are we going to do "limited" fans? Different ST holders in each week on a rotating basis?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Still used in Fife

Aye, but so are horses and carts!!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If we don't get access to Murrayfield, how are we going to do "limited" fans? Different ST holders in each week on a rotating basis?
    I suspect nobody knows just now, but for example id be happy to not take up my seat, to allow others to in the short term, im sure there will always be ST who cant attend for whatever reason.

Also, i think there will just be no walk ups or away supporters, to allow greater dispersement of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    I suspect nobody knows just now, but for example id be happy to not take up my seat, to allow others to in the short term, im sure there will always be ST who cant attend for whatever reason.

Also, i think there will just be no walk ups or away supporters, to allow greater dispersement of fans.
    There is a lot to consider here and I actually think that, potentially, it’s a bigger blocker to getting partial crowds back in to grounds than any restrictions are.

If there are restrictions in place, such as distancing, then football just needs to adapt like other industries have had to. However, if you end up in a position where some people who have paid for a season ticket are allowed in and some aren’t, then you have a problem. I doubt many wanted money back for 2019/20 ending early, but everybody was in the same boat with that. I don’t think you can continue to expect people to pay for something they can’t use indefinitely though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    There is a lot to consider here and I actually think that, potentially, it’s a bigger blocker to getting partial crowds back in to grounds than any restrictions are.

If there are restrictions in place, such as distancing, then football just needs to adapt like other industries have had to. However, if you end up in a position where some people who have paid for a season ticket are allowed in and some aren’t, then you have a problem. I doubt many wanted money back for 2019/20 ending early, but everybody was in the same boat with that. I don’t think you can continue to expect people to pay for something they can’t use indefinitely though.
    They should first play all next seasons cup competitions up to the quarter final stages with zero or very social distanced fans in attendance but selling virtual tickets to the game for the rest of us to watch it at home. That will buy the clubs more time until the league and season tickets come into play later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post

Dont panic the FF lower is almost always empty, theres plenty of room to get everyone in, infact something needs to be done about that, the no shows every bloody week.
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 03-06-2020 at 02:35 PM.

I'm not calculating what we can get in but if it was approx one third including using the away end for Hibs fans then 7k would be a good start.
    Ticket holders could be given time slots to apply for in order to get in the ground relatively spread out and for exiting I'm sure coming out of the stands row at a time and using pitch side and large corner exits would help reduce traffic through the stairwells and concourses.
    You might be able to empty half the support this way

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Dont panic the FF lower is almost always empty, theres plenty of room to get everyone in, infact something needs to be done about that, the no shows every bloody week.

That's why I've bought all my Season Tickets for that part of the ground.

Should be a dawdle to keep a safe distance from the other Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    From what I've read on here about the number of no shows, we could probably get all 8000+ season ticket holders in the Famous Five Lower and still maintain social distancing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    They should first play all next seasons cup competitions up to the quarter final stages with zero or very social distanced fans in attendance but selling virtual tickets to the game for the rest of us to watch it at home. That will buy the clubs more time until the league and season tickets come into play later in the year.
    Does that not mean that if Hibs are knocked out of both cups at the earliest round we could go weeks without playing until the league starts?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Baffys. Been a while since I've heard that word. Made my day 👍😃
    preferably, zipped , !!

Season ticket purchased yesterday after being lapsed for a few years. Some may think strange time to do it but I'm going to be a dad for the first time later in the year so want to get back regularly so that the wee one can get their ST beside me as soon as they are old enough. quick question do new ST holders get Hibs TV access just now or just last seasons ST's and renews?

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Does that not mean that if Hibs are knocked out of both cups at the earliest round we could go weeks without playing until the league starts?
    It would, however, they play the wee teams in the group stages of the league cup, as they did this season so not much chance of that happening. If it does it's their own fault just like hearts getting relegated.

Why don't we ban away fans until the new year We could use the south stand as well?