hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Those 4000 renewed as they felt financially able to do so now, I doubt they’ll be bothered if it helps those that can’t right now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Renewed 2 yesterday. Best part of £600 so hopefully we have a season to watch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Renewed 2

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It's good for those like me who have yet to renew but bad for Hibs and unfair on the 4000, which is why I don't think it would work.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I know everyone's personal circumstances are different but there will be thousands of people who find themselves with additional cash from their wages as there's been no-where to spend it and holidays/new cars aren't happening.

Where better to spend that 'extra income' than on a Hibs ST!
    Good point, I'm personally saving about £200 a month in train fares and probably another £100 in lunches (not to mention drink).

Obviously others are in different circumstances but I've effectively treated my season ticket payment as a gift to my club to keep the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Good point, I'm personally saving about £200 a month in train fares and probably another £100 in lunches (not to mention drink).

Obviously others are in different circumstances but I've effectively treated my season ticket payment as a gift to my club to keep the lights on.

I think that's what a lot of people have done.

Renewed mines and ending up buying my two year old one was gonna get him a Hibs kids but for about a tenner a month getting him a ST next to me was ideal 😁

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    From Hibs’ perspective, the calling of the SPFL’s Extraordinary Meeting on 12 May means the early bird deadline will fall prior to there being any certainty as to the shape and form of next season.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    From Hibs’ perspective, the calling of the SPFL’s Extraordinary Meeting on 12 May means the early bird deadline will fall prior to there being any certainty as to the shape and form of next season.
    This is where Hibs have possibly scored an OG with the early bird pricing.

You only save £20 on a full price ticket so it's not a huge (price) incentive for people so you may find people decide to wait and then don't bother at all.

It's not really clear why the early bird saving is higher for concessions than it is for full price

Have we reached the 5k mark yet?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Are the two connected, I didn’t think the EGM has any material bearing on reconstruction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This is where Hibs have possibly scored an OG with the early bird pricing.

You only save £20 on a full price ticket so it's not a huge (price) incentive for people so you may find people decide to wait and then don't bother at all.

It's not really clear why the early bird saving is higher for concessions than it is for full price
    You're right, £20 not much of a saving for people buying full price tickets, I suspect the deadline for the payment plan would be the bigger driver for people to sign up by that date......and then when the seats are released date in June. I'll be holding back until then at least, hopefully clearer how next season will look by then.
    Last edited by hibee-boys; 28-04-2020 at 01:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Are the two connected, I didn’t think the EGM has any material bearing on reconstruction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don’t think they can call the leagues until the EGM, in case they find anything suspicious in the vote

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    You're right, £20 not much of a saving for people buying full price tickets, I suspect the deadline for the payment plan would be the bigger driver for people to sign up by that date......and then when the seats are released date in June. I'll be holding back until then at least, hopefully clearer how next season will look by then.
    Just to be clear, the payment plan deadline falls on the same date (Friday 8th May) as the Early Bird deadline.

The EGM on the 12th is to pander to The Thes faux outrage at legitimate SPFL lobbying in support of their vote to call a halt to the leagues. Budges proposal is a different matter

Coaching Staff
    I see Dunfermline have decided not to put St up for sale until they know what the league situation will be. I wonder how Hibs will handle it if social distancing is still in place even after any closed doors games are lifted. How can you allocate specific seats, what happens if attendance is limited to less than total STs sold, going to take a lot of planning.

Over 5000 sold now

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Brilliant effort.

Very impressive Still holding off from renewing at present but like my seat so don’t want to give it up so just a matter of when I renew mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Over 5000 sold now

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I see Dunfermline have decided not to put St up for sale until they know what the league situation will be. I wonder how Hibs will handle it if social distancing is still in place even after any closed doors games are lifted. How can you allocate specific seats, what happens if attendance is limited to less than total STs sold, going to take a lot of planning.
    If social distancing is in place there will be no spectators as it will be impossible to monitor access to the ground and even worse the leaving of the ground.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Never going to happen that social distancing will be implemented at mass gatherings. Crowds will either be allowed or they won’t.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 29-04-2020 at 12:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Over 5000 sold is an outstanding effort to date! Really impressive stuff.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Very impressive Still holding off from renewing at present but like my seat so don’t want to give it up so just a matter of when I renew mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where I’m at, plan in renewing but was holding out hope for keeping seat date being pushed back but doesn’t seem likely

All fans will be banned until it's safe for all fans to attend.

There's no way some fans will be allowed and some won't, on a game by game basis.

It would be a logistical nightmare.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    All fans will be banned until it's safe for all fans to attend.

There's no way some fans will be allowed and some won't, on a game by game basis.

It would be a logistical nightmare.
    You've summed up pretty well the point I was trying to make. 👍

As they say it’s better to have the points on the board, or in this case ‘tickets sold’.

Regardless of what I may think as a fan being asked to part with cash surrounded by a lack of clarity, Hibs have managed the whole process very well IMO to maximise things. From deferral of wages to the marketing of Thank you NHS, to the extent it actually feels we have a wave behind us.

Those that haven’t yet put anything on sale are going to find themselves left dangerously behind IMO, particularly given the likelihood that there will be no bums on seats for some time. The closer we get to that confirmation the slower the uptake you would think.

So while some myself included may have questioned the morality of putting them on sale when we did, looks a great move now. GGTTH

Time to update the thread title?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Remind me, is early bird deadline next Friday - 8th?

I may now be able to swing it financially, probably need til next week to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Remind me, is early bird deadline next Friday - 8th?

I may now be able to swing it financially, probably need til next week to be sure.
    It is.

I'll be renewing mine next week to meet the cut off.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.