hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Scientific study from Manchester University was in the news the other day and says wearing face masks reduced the transmission of the virus by 90%
    Surely this has to be a starting point

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scientific study from Manchester University was in the news the other day and says wearing face masks reduced the transmission of the virus by 90%
    I think there could be something in that.

If we can drive the numbers down then I can see a point where these mass gatherings can take place with a few non-intrusive measures in place. Temperate check, wear a mask, sanitise your hands, and off you pop.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I think there could be something in that.

If we can drive the numbers down then I can see a point where these mass gatherings can take place with a few non-intrusive measures in place. Temperate check, wear a mask, sanitise your hands, and off you pop.

Given the circumstances, that's not the best phrase you could have chosen.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It was caveated heavily by saying if you were in front of the person.

But unless you are using medical grade any other type of mask simply makes the airflow go in different directions.

Basically they are great at stopping forward projection but yer stuffed if you happen to be behind or at the side of said person no longer forward projecting!

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Yep and it checking people as they arrive in Greece so anyone with virus can wander around potentially spreading it
    So why one rule for aviation Economy now will take over decision making and if no second wave of any significance in any country it’s just washing hands gelling and wearing masks if that’s still applicable as suspect it’s only certain high grade medical ones that are really worth wearing anyway
    This whole 2 metres thing is just an artificial barrier that’s come into play Is three an actual scientific paper outlining why it needs to be this
    I have heard anyone cough or sneeze when out and about they must all be self isolating
    It’s still by snd large over 75 s and people with poor immune systems and underlying health issues particularly Diabeties. as one example that are at greatest risk
    But given incubation period is now 2 to 14 days without showing any symptoms and lots of people never have any symptoms ,
    we are going to have to live with a certain amount of risk
    Too many people already living in fear and not going to G Ps and Dying because of it Another few weeks will
    By end of June we will have a much clearer idea from other countries what has worked
    The R rate is artificially high because of the Care Hones Shambles I think

Will be not get in if we haven’t downloaded the App for Track and Trace ? We need an answer to that question
    Still far too much speculation when what we need is concrete proposals worked through and what’s possible left on table and set a date for giving it a go
    But then again Hearts are holding that up by thier I distance everyone feels sorry for them and finds a solution to accommodate them back in top flight
    Get that binned by next week and get focussed on getting something sorted out
    The figures in Scotland are so low that if we can’t make it work few other counties will be able to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know anyone who feels sorry for Hertz Ronnie.

@hibs.net private member
    With the deadline for renewal being Thursday 4th June at 5pm, do the free seats show up immediately or is it normally the next day before the populate on they e-tickets website?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    With the deadline for renewal being Thursday 4th June at 5pm, do the free seats show up immediately or is it normally the next day before the populate on they e-tickets website?
    I think in previous years the tickets have been made available a few days after the deadline so maybe Monday 8th to people with a season ticket to move their seat. Then maybe the following week for general sale.

Motherwell, now also including a season ticket guarantee

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/...pledge-to-you/With that in mind, we will guarantee everyone who purchases, or has already purchased, a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the chance to attend 19 home league matches, whenever that is possible.

If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don’t renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets for games in 2021/22.

So is the current restructuring debacle putting anyone else off buying their SeasonTicket
    I was going to renew mine but held off expecting the situation to be resolved this week Now it’s just getting more complicated and no date set for a decision making meeting or have I missed this
    Am now in two minds about whether to renew or not

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    So is the current restructuring debacle putting anyone else off buying their SeasonTicket
    I was going to renew mine but held off expecting the situation to be resolved this week Now it’s just getting more complicated and no date set for a decision making meeting or have I missed this

I got mine a few weeks ago but am now wishing I had held off. Due to other commitments I probably miss a good half dozen home games so it's not about saving money for me. But if these God awful changes go through I would honestly not have bought one for me and the laddie and would have just been walk ups

I will be asking for an immediate refund if Hibs vote for this reconstruction debacle. Even putting aside that clown Budge, I didn’t sign up to a split 60% intro the season.
    I am very confident Hibs won’t vote for it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I will be asking for an immediate refund if Hibs vote for this reconstruction debacle. Even putting aside that clown Budge, I didn’t sign up to a split 60% intro the season.
    I am very confident Hibs won’t vote for it 👍
    I don't think they'll vote for it either but you wouldn't be entitled to a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't think they'll vote for it either but you wouldn't be entitled to a refund.
    I would estimate at least a thousand fans would do the same. So they may not have a choice. I would also guess sales would immediately stop.

The club really need the fans. All good will and excellent engagement would be destroyed with one really really bad decision.

@hibs.net private member

Yeah, absolutely.

@hibs.net private member
    That isn't accurate, I contacted the ticket office manager to query this, she confirmed that a full refund would be provided.

That isn't accurate, I contacted the ticket office manager to query this, she confirmed that a full refund would be provided.
    You would get a full refund if Hibs vote for reconstruction?

@hibs.net private member
    You would get a full refund if Hibs vote for reconstruction?
    Full refund if the league changes format of any kind was her reply. If this is voted through, regardless of Hibs' voting either way, you will be given a refund.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Full refund if the league changes format of any kind was her reply. If this is voted through, regardless of Hibs' voting either way, you will be given a refund.
    Absolute WOW if this applies to every club...!! Even more reason to kill Annie's flight of fancy. Imagine all 42 clubs having to refund ALL season ticket money because they have changed the league format.

Not a hope in hell of refunds happening, ergo...Mad Ann's plan is doomed to fail.

She really is a total embarrassment to them.

Interesting choice of words.

Change of format obviously doesn't include the league keeping its existing format but fans not being allowed in for the majority of the season.

It would be interesting to see if Hibs were to offer a refund if the league is played with fans but is changed to 14 teams but not if it's played largely without fans with 12 teams.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Absolute WOW if this applies to every club...!! Even more reason to kill Annie's flight of fancy. Imagine all 42 clubs having to refund ALL season ticket money because they have changed the league format.

Not a hope in hell of refunds happening, ergo...Mad Ann's plan is doomed to fail.

She really is a total embarrassment to them.
    I think it's a choice on Hibs' part that they would give refunds in that situation, rather than them being obliged to.

And even then, it's never going to be the case that the club refunds all season ticket sales, it would only be those that asked for a refund. Could still be a big hit, mind.

No danger Hibs are voting for this shambles anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting choice of words.

Change of format obviously doesn't include the league keeping its existing format but fans not being allowed in for the majority of the season.

It would be interesting to see if Hibs were to offer a refund if the league is played with fans but is changed to 14 teams but not if it's played largely without fans with 12 teams.
    If it is changed to 14 teams then you would get a refund.

I explicitly quantified my point when emailing by stating that I wouldn’t want a 14 team league with a split 6/8.

If it is changed to 14 teams then you would get a refund.

I explicitly quantified my point when emailing by stating that I wouldn’t want a 14 team league with a split 6/8.
    Fair enough I stand corrected.

I think I'd be more inclined to want a refund if it stays as a 12 team league but fans are banned for the majority of the season.

Seems theres been a slowdown in ST sales, maybe folk waiting for the format, if fans can attend and whether hertz r saved?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Seems theres been a slowdown in ST sales, maybe folk waiting for the format, if fans can attend and whether hertz r saved?
    There might well be a surge next week - ie. between pay day and the early bird deadline. Other people will be waiting to see what's happening with the league, when matches might be open to spectators, etc. which is perfectly understandable.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Pay day is coming up and the early bird deal was extended

We'll see another boost in number over the next week I would guess

I am waiting for this reconstruction nonesense to formally end. Once it does, assuming that sense prevails and the top flight remains a 12 team league for 'big' temas only, I will be purchaing my season book.

Buying 2 this week... bound to get above 8k with payday for most.

Personally, we have 3 Season Tickets in west lower that I still havent renewed. Been in the same seats for approx. 10 years.

Biggest issue for me isnt the league format, reconstruction etc. Its just the uncertainty about what happens if football doesnt return until next year.

hearts & Motherwell (at least) have offered guarantees that if matches dont go ahead , they will rollover until the next season.

If hibs did that, I'd renew all 3 immediately.

@hibs.net private member
    Just bought 2 hope reconstruction gets bombed out today which looks likely.

Hibernian Edinburghs only premier club.

GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by mvteng View Post
    Personally, we have 3 Season Tickets in west lower that I still havent renewed. Been in the same seats for approx. 10 years.

Biggest issue for me isnt the league format, reconstruction etc. Its just the uncertainty about what happens if football doesnt return until next year.

hearts & Motherwell (at least) have offered guarantees that if matches dont go ahead , they will rollover until the next season.

If hibs did that, I'd renew all 3 immediately.
    I have renewed but I completely understand this point of view.