hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People should tolerate it for as long as it takes. It’s not that difficult to comprehend that the only thing to do is stay relatively isolated is it? I really don’t get the idiots who are complaining about missing their friends or relatives for a period of time when the alternative could be lose them forever, it’s pathetic.
    To be honest I think that even a lot of people who are currently complying with the restrictions won't stick with it for as long as a year. Even without a vaccine I think we'll get to a point where hopefully the testing ramps up enough to establish that a fair amount of people have already had it and more importantly, establish that immunity exists for those who have had it. That way some kind of normality is able to be restored.

I agree that large gatherings are likely to be banned for the foreseeable future though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Anyway back in the track of ST’s, I am now seriously wondering what renewing my ST will actually be worth to me, apart from keeping hold of my seat I don’t see any credible worth in investing in a season that might never happen.
    I'm exactly the same. I would have personally preferred some kind of scheme where you just give a donation to the club. I'm not sure how that would have compared to the income they've got from selling 3500 season tickets but if a lot of that money is due to be refunded to supporters in about a year's time anyway, should the majority of next season be played behind closed doors, then it's not going to do Hibs much good.

I'm really struggling to see the point in buying a season ticket for next season, except to prevent it from being taken by someone else for future seasons. That's the one thing that's making me even consider buying one before June's deadline, unless of course there was to be some kind of clarity before then in terms of allowing fans back to games, which I'm certain there won't be.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    3 season tickets purchased today, gives me that little bit of hope that we'll get back to normality soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal
    You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you
    There is no Vaccine that’s why we are in the current temporary position we are in
    We all have to make sacrifices at present Try being on the Front Line without Proper or enough PPE. and being exhausted trying to deal with victims of this virus which has spread because we didn’t go to social Distancing sooner
    We aren’t yet over the peak People need to stay with the Guidance fir now
    Things will gradually change but fir me Football is just insignificant just now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Up to the 4000 mark now
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Up to the 4000 mark now

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just renewed mine as well

Left by mutual consent!
    I won’t be renewing. I have no idea whether I’ll have a job when all this is over. If I get lucky, I’d imagine it’ll be on a lesser contract. There are so many if’s and but’s and I just don’t see football as being that important in the grand scheme of things.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Mon the ST holders.

That's me renewed.

First Team Regular
    Renewed

Coaching Staff
    Renewed!

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Well done everyone if you can renew, do it.

At worst case, you won't see Hibs for a wee while, but we will emerge from this as one of the strongest clubs in the nation and give ourselves a real chance to have a go when it all restarts.

3 renews yesterday and another happening today.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Just renewed. I think I must be crazy!

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just renewed. I think I must be crazy!
    Loyal, committed & generous 👍
    Good man
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Renewed two season tickets today. As I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it I am happy to do so. I don't expect to see football at ER for a long time so I look at this as a donation to help the club. Season ticket sales now up to 4660. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I won’t be renewing. I have no idea whether I’ll have a job when all this is over. If I get lucky, I’d imagine it’ll be on a lesser contract. There are so many if’s and but’s and I just don’t see football as being that important in the grand scheme of things.
    I think there will be an awfull lot of people in exactly the same position as you mate, totally understand. I'm on a staggered work system at the moment, just working 1 day a week instead of the usual 5. I'm paying up the ST this year for the first time, but in all honesty if the virus situation doesn't move on pretty soon i'll be struggling. And you're quite right, football is not top of a lot of people's priorities just now, rightly so. My health, my friends and family,and particularly that of my wife, come first.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I think there will be an awfull lot of people in exactly the same position as you mate, totally understand. I'm on a staggered work system at the moment, just working 1 day a week instead of the usual 5. I'm paying up the ST this year for the first time, but in all honesty if the virus situation doesn't move on pretty soon i'll be struggling. And you're quite right, football is not top of a lot of people's priorities just now, rightly so. My health, my friends and family,and particularly that of my wife, come first.

Take care of yourself and your family first, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Renewed!
    Me too also. Happily I may add.

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    In fairness I think anyone prepared to renew at this stage is taking a leap into the unknown in doing so.

I think they will extend the early bird period and that would remove putting pressure on those to do so now.
    I hadn't looked at my renewal until this week and wanted to commit to support the club. We have 2 adults & a senior, west upper in our party.
    Does anyone have an explanation from the club why the senior ticket has increased from £185 last season to £255 next season. That is huge hike in price consideribg the Adult only increaed by £25. My dad has been a ST holder for the 25 years. He should get a medal not a price hike.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TT07 View Post
    I hadn't looked at my renewal until this week and wanted to commit to support the club. We have 2 adults & a senior, west upper in our party.
    Does anyone have an explanation from the club why the senior ticket has increased from £185 last season to £255 next season. That is huge hike in price consideribg the Adult only increaed by £25. My dad has been a ST holder for the 25 years. He should get a medal not a price hike.
    Appreciate that the increase is higher when compared to an adult price but i've always felt that the senior price was too low, previously worked out less than £10 a game. The way I see it he's getting a £165 discount of the standard price, still great value.....i know plenty seniors who've got far more disposable income than people at working age.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Appreciate that the increase is higher when compared to an adult price but i've always felt that the senior price was too low, previously worked out less than £10 a game. The way I see it he's getting a £165 discount of the standard price, still great value.....i know plenty seniors who've got far more disposable income than people at working age.

Perhaps, but maybe a gradual price increase would have been a better approach.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    I know everyone's personal circumstances are different but there will be thousands of people who find themselves with additional cash from their wages as there's been no-where to spend it and holidays/new cars aren't happening.

Where better to spend that 'extra income' than on a Hibs ST!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I know everyone's personal circumstances are different but there will be thousands of people who find themselves with additional cash from their wages as there's been no-where to spend it and holidays/new cars aren't happening.

Where better to spend that 'extra income' than on a Hibs ST!
    Fair point PS but my 4 tickets are well over £1k which is a lot of money to lay out if I'm not getting much back for it. I would be happy to pay £100 per seat retention until things become clearer as I would like to keep our seats.

If Hibs announced on Monday that I could retain my seat for next season with a one off payment of £50 then that would make more sense for me than buying a full price season ticket when I'm unlikely to be allowed to attend all of the games.

But it doesn't make sense for Hibs because they'd only receive £50 and not £385. The club is better off with me paying £385 now and getting a discount for season 21/22 if more than three or four games are behind closed doors.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Fair point PS but my 4 tickets are well over £1k which is a lot of money to lay out if I'm not getting much back for it. I would be happy to pay £100 per seat retention until things become clearer as I would like to keep our seats.
    Lot of good folk sit near you to be fair. 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If Hibs announced on Monday that I could retain my seat for next season with a one off payment of £50 then that would make more sense for me than buying a full price season ticket when I'm unlikely to be allowed to attend all of the games.

But it doesn't make sense for Hibs because they'd only receive £50 and not £385. The club is better off with me paying £385 now and getting a discount for season 21/22 if more than three or four games are behind closed doors.

To be fair to people that had STs for 19/20, maybe they could delay the date at which any un-renewed seats go to open sale.

I'm sure the club wouldn't mind and I can't imagine anybody that bought a Season Ticket for 20/21 but wants to move elsewhere would mind waiting a bit longer.

It's not like anybody's going to be actually attending the games anytime soon

@hibs.net private member
    I'm 50/50 at the moment, not looking for any refund on this seasons games but the uncertainty around next season is a concern, really don't want to be paying for even more missed games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you exclude the Family Section in FF Lower, we have 14,000 seats in the home end of ER and last season we sold roughly 11,500 Season Tickets in those areas.

I think the number of ST sales will probably go down, so everybody that wants one, and is holding off for now, has nothing much to worry about.

Although it would be nice if we actually did end up selling so many STs in the three 'home' stands that we had to split the South Stand between home and away Fans