hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So people will disregard the fact that visiting those family and friends could potentially kill them! I don’t think so somehow, make no mistake this is a situation that the majority of people are deadly serious about containing.
    Yes people will disregard it. Absolutely no chance that people will go a year or longer without ever visiting family or friends. A small number of people are already doing so and as time drifts on and the weather becomes better people will naturally start to grow tired of lockdown.

Out of interest how long do you think folk would tolerate it for? If for instance the government say a vaccine is not viable until summer 2022 do you seriously think people will stay in their homes until then. Would never happen and the government know this - I'd imagine by the end of May/early June small family gatherings will be permitted.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 17-04-2020 at 12:31 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There will be no spectator attended football in the U.K. this year.
    I fear the same. What a harrowing thought. I'm really starting to miss the social aspect of football now. Starting to miss the pub, sticking on a destined to fail coupon, even starting to miss the nagging from the better half on a Sunday. This is really crap.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Yes people will disregard it. Absolutely no chance that people will go a year or longer without ever visiting family or friends. A small number of people are already doing so and as time drifts on and the weather becomes better people will naturally start to grow tired of lockdown.

Out of interest how long do you think folk would tolerate it for? If for instance the government say a vaccine is not viable until summer 2022 do you seriously think people will stay in their homes until then. Would never happen and the government know this - I'd imagine by the end of May/early June small family gatherings will be permitted.
    People should tolerate it for as long as it takes. It’s not that difficult to comprehend that the only thing to do is stay relatively isolated is it? I really don’t get the idiots who are complaining about missing their friends or relatives for a period of time when the alternative could be lose them forever, it’s pathetic.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 17-04-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I fear the same. What a harrowing thought. I'm really starting to miss the social aspect of football now. Starting to miss the pub, sticking on a destined to fail coupon, even starting to miss the nagging from the better half on a Sunday. This is really crap.
    Yes but what if this becomes the norm? Just have to adapt and get over it, things change and this could be one of the biggest changes our lives have ever seen, we can all adapt and overcome it.

Anyway back in the track of ST’s, I am now seriously wondering what renewing my ST will actually be worth to me, apart from keeping hold of my seat I don’t see any credible worth in investing in a season that might never happen.

People should tolerate it for as long as it takes. It’s not that difficult to comprehend that the only thing to do is stay relatively isolated is it? I really don’t get the idiots who are complaining about missing their friends or relatives for a period of time when the alternative could be lose them forever, it’s pathetic.
    A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for more than 6 months. That's one disease alone.

A lockdown of more than a few months would be more damaging than the virus itself , which is why it won't happen.

A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for 6 months. That's one disease alone.

A lockdown of more than a few months would be more damaging than the virus itself , which is why it won't happen.
    I know a couple of cancer patients that are still receiving their treatments. The lockdown will continue no doubt about it, there may be amendments but it will continue well beyond what you are suggesting.

Anyway back in the track of ST’s, I am now seriously wondering what renewing my ST will actually be worth to me, apart from keeping hold of my seat I don’t see any credible worth in investing in a season that might never happen.
    Was thinking the same earlier. I renewed pretty much straight away and thought, at that point, that we’d maybe be seeing football in the latter part of the year. Now, I can’t see it happening this year whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Was thinking the same earlier. I renewed pretty much straight away and thought, at that point, that we’d maybe be seeing football in the latter part of the year. Now, I can’t see it happening this year whatsoever.
    I would like to see some sort of scheme that allows me to commit for say £50 to retain my seat and make full payment when I know that I will be able to attend actual matches.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How do you play football and practice social distancing?
    The way our defence sometimes plays that would not be a problem

Hibs now offering 0% interest plan for those knocked back by the finance company - anyone had a phone call about this?

I would like to see some sort of scheme that allows me to commit for say £50 to retain my seat and make full payment when I know that I will be able to attend actual matches.
    To be honest they should just do away with the seat release deadline at the start of June, if there isn’t any clarification, IMO.

Yes but what if this becomes the norm? Just have to adapt and get over it, things change and this could be one of the biggest changes our lives have ever seen, we can all adapt and overcome it.
    Are you for real, are you really going to sit back and accept that your freedom is essentially over? If the majority of people accept this you can kiss goodbye to ever getting your life back. We are all being royally shafted and sleepwalking into a very dark and dangerous future. Everyone needs to wake up and research what's actually going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by No.10 View Post
    Hibs now offering 0% interest plan for those knocked back by the finance company - anyone had a phone call about this?
    Are the finance company knocking back self employed people then? Given that the government are trying to wipe out all small businesses, that doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Are you for real, are you really going to sit back and accept that your freedom is essentially over? If the majority of people accept this you can kiss goodbye to ever getting your life back. We are all being royally shafted and sleepwalking into a very dark and dangerous future. Everyone needs to wake up and research what's actually going on here.
    😂 You’re the one who needs to get real and wake up!

😂 You’re the one who needs to get real and wake up!
    Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal 🤣
    You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you 👍

A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for more than 6 months. That's one disease alone.

Sadly that's exactly why it will continue.
    This is not about saving lives.

I know a couple of cancer patients that are still receiving their treatments. The lockdown will continue no doubt about it, there may be amendments but it will continue well beyond what you are suggesting.

I know of one person in her late 70s (she lives in the Worcester area) that has been diagnosed with cancer and has been told that she will not be getting treatment due to the NHS in her area being overrun with Coronavirus.

Basically, the NHS are having to take the decision in some places to prioritize who should live and who should die.

Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal 🤣
    You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you 👍
    😂 You must have cabin fever to be coming out with the amount of nonsense you are spouting 👍

I’ll leave you to it.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Thought I would have come on and seen people talking about 3500 STs sold

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    You’re correct, apologies for taking it off track, I’m out.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Are the finance company knocking back self employed people then? Given that the government are trying to wipe out all small businesses, that doesn't surprise me.
    Why would they do that?

Edit. Lest we hijack this thread, feel free to take that discussion on to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I know of one person in her late 70s (she lives in the Worcester area) that has been diagnosed with cancer and has been told that she will not be getting treatment due to the NHS in her area being overrun with Coronavirus.

Basically, the NHS are having to take the decision in some places to prioritize who should live and who should die.
    That's really unfortunate to hear but unfortunately it appears to be happening across the country. It also shows why it's too simplistic to say we need to keep lockdown indefinitely to save lives - lives will be lost from the consequences of lockdown , and potentially in greater numbers than the virus itself, if the current situation continues for too long.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    I think once this is all over we’ll be facing a new future anyway, so I think SH is right up to a point, we’ll all have to face up to a new ‘normal’. People have readily accepted the lockdown so far, but for how much longer? When the worst is behind us, people will be much more aware of social distancing, personal hygiene and everything this virus has brought to the fore. I really don’t think things will be the same once the madness has passed, whenever that might be. It’s murder without football, it really is but sadly I don’t see us reconvening at Easter Road for many months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post

Fair point.

Maybe the Covid-19 discussions should be taken elsewhere.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    As one of the Government's advisors said today, "some form of social distancing is inevitable until a reliable vaccine is found" that tells large spectator gatherings will be a no no for some time to come. Interesting to see Ross County have decided not to put season tickets on sale because of the current uncertainty. Difficult times ahead.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Without knowing her individual case, its different someone not beginning their treatment because a clinician.has deemed the risk of doing so to be greater than waiting (due to nature of treatment, underlying comorbidities etc)

Thats not always the same thing as the NHS being overrun or not being able to commence treatment.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

There are already more and more people on the roads and on the pavements now. It needs total lockdown now, or it is only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How do you play football and practice social distancing?
    ...ask Christophe Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

There are already more and more people on the roads and on the pavements now. It needs total lockdown now, or it is only going to get worse.
    I’ve noticed this too over the last few days alsoG
    But Christ sake on our street last Friday all the neighbours gathered and started drinking together and getting closer as the night moved on
    One a paramedic 2 sergeant and a chief inspector
    Lost total respect
    We need to keep the lockdown going and obey it
    Manchester has been full of cranes building skyscrapers
    I can see less demand for these trendy apartments as folk will realise they are trapped in them 23 hours a day in times like this
    Football can wait as much as I miss it
    GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬