hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will you stop polluting this place with that crap?

Hibs vote will note be based on what happens to Hearts.
    Hibs will vote on what’s best for Hibs. And if losing a good number of season ticket holders by voting to keep them up is a result, then it’s a no brainier to vote them down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that there will be people who don't renew if vote to keep Hearts in the league. Years of cheating to gain an unfair advantage and we save their arse by voting to keep them in now? Not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Hibs will vote on what’s best for Hibs. And if losing a good number of season ticket holders by voting to keep them up is a result, then it’s a no brainier to vote them down.
    Will we even know for sure how Hibs eventually vote?

For me reading Leeann's comments in the EEN it's pretty certain that we'll vote for the SPFL board's proposition this week, but thereafter?

Will we even know for sure how Hibs eventually vote?

For me reading Leeann's comments in the EEN it's pretty certain that we'll vote for the SPFL board's proposition this week, but thereafter?
    I would like to think we will. Whether that comes directly from the club communicating to the fan base or through leaks through the press, I think we’ll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    A reasonable reply mate. From my POV it's not just about Hearts as a club, who without a doubt have been so badly run they can't complain about the position they find themselves in. I'm purely looking at this from two angles:

Firstly I just can't in all honesty see the fairness in relegating a club, even them with their history, in circumstances which are so unbelievably unique and with so much of the season still to play, nor can I see how it would be fair on any club's supporters, even theirs .. said through gritted teeth I assure you.

Secondly, The only way I can see which will satisfy as many clubs fans as possible, never mind the clubs themselves, is for a league set up next season which includes the top two in the championship .... it's no secret that ICT are teetering on the brink and a season in the premiership will probably save them from going under ... folk don't even seem to be thinking about them ... in all honesty beaten to the championship title by a club whose spending is no less excessive than Hearts for the league they are in.

Can anybody in all honesty, hand on heart, say they would have seen any fairness in Hibs being relegated if we had been bottom of the league when play stopped in these circumstances ... I sure as hell couldn't.
    I applaud you being able to be more objective and less emotional than me about this topic, I do. Moreover, to answer your last question we would all be livid if this were the case (however I am sure we would be able to see who is really to blame for the relegation moreso than the walking deluded over the road).

However, I will give you this angle. Would you still support Hibs voting for reconstruction when you know the detrimental effect this would have on our club as a whole. Think about it. If we vote them to stay up and it actually happens, they would be in a FAR better position than us. They would be bouyant, jubilant and riding the crest of a wave. We on the other hand would be in dissary, season books not renewed, protests to get the board out. The full works.

If you dont think this would happen, then you are sorely mistaken. If you would vote for that, you would be voting for them and against Hibs. Makes literally NO sense.
    Last edited by Lee Marvin; 09-04-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...y-calm-2533749

I dont think LD says anything particularly controversial in this article.

If anything, the underlying tone is - lets see what happens next in the lockdown and make a decision on this and next season.

For me, that seems to mean that (when, not if) the UK and Scottish govts tell us that we are effectively in lockdown for another X weeks that football and Hibs will make a decision then.

She is fairly clear that she doesnt see voiding the season as an option and has told Budge that.

I should say that I want Hearts relegated, they deserve to be relegated and I would hate it to be Hibs that saved them.

This issue doesnt really impact on the ST renewal as I dont have the cash (and am self emp with zero income) to get one right now.
    I agree. I dont think she is actually saying which whay she will vote. She just says there are still loads of discussions to be had. Well we have another 3 days to discuss for now and i think she will ask for that to be extended. We are financially safe so its less of an issue for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Vote yes. Cannae vote on the iPhone. There’s no reason for Dempster to vote otherwise, they ****s would vote us down.
    I can’t vote either.
    I really hope the board learn how the fans feel about this!
    Why the hell are we even thinking about reconstruction to save them??????
    No other club would get this favouritism except the huns

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I am not in any way saying that of all the football clubs in Scotland Hearts should expect fairness ... far from it. But I can't ignore what I believe to be true just because I don't like the bugger who will inadvertently benefit from it.

It's a bit like the death penalty ... I am fervently against it, but that doesn't mean to say I don't recognise that there aren't folk out there who would benefit from a good hanging .. even so against it I am and always will be

I'm against the Death Penalty in almost every circumstance...

...the one exception being for anybody that votes to save Hearts from relegation.

They should be hung, drawn and quartered!

Thanks for the sample poll and feedback, fantastic insight - genuinely appreciate all of them, very helpful. It is always difficult to represent every view and I would never state we (the collective) are X or Y exclusively. The aim of the role is there is a “supporter voice” on the Board and I’ll pass these comments on as verbatim/as is.

I don’t want to give a politician answer about making decisions remembering the legal and financial responsibilities to the club, I want to give more than that - Hibs will do what is right thing to do and what is right for us (club and support). I’ve not seen anything that would make me doubt they would.

Still a long way to go - this week isn’t the end game on this, still too many moving parts. The club taking the lead to ask for clarity, understand all specifics and call for purposeful conversations to make big decisions is sensible but doesn’t nail their colours to any decision.
    Last edited by Power; 09-04-2020 at 08:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    We need to finish the season imo. I realise that isn't an option in the poll but I don't think it's fair to relegate, award European places etc with 24 points left. League reconstruction is necessary but it needs to be discussed thoroughly and planned out so I don't want to see it now.

I'm not sure what is says about football if we just abandon as season because we're so focused on the next one. For me it adds a huge question mark to next year as well. Coronavirus is not going away, we're going to have further outbreaks later so I'm not sure how much to invest in football if it can just drop a season. And what is happening with the Scottish Cup?

I don't think all efforts are being made to finish the season and one thing I'd like us to look at it's summer football which I haven't really seen mentioned.

Inherently I just don't think it's fair. And we should be careful what we wish for as these things can come back to bite you.

Testimonial Due
    Will this be the ultimate Hibsed It moment? Vote to play on, get zero points in the remaining games and end up getting relegated. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    We need to finish the season imo. .....

In a magical world where all threat of Coronavirus just disappeared by Saturday, I think that would be ideal. Let's face it, Hearts would go down.

However, it's just not an option.

Finishing the season is the best option. Its also not happening. Voiding the league isnt an option. This is the only option.

Hibs cannot use the financial hit without Hearts as an excuse. We are currently due one home derby next season before the split. If we are in opposite sides of the split then we have 1 home derby. If they restructure the league we still potentially have 1 home derby. They need to weigh up the cost of disillusioned season ticket holders who wouldnt renew vs 1 home game v hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Will this be the ultimate Hibsed It moment? Vote to play on, get zero points in the remaining games and end up getting relegated. Ha.
    Why are people still saying this. It's not an option. 950 people died yesterday FFS! The Guardian projects that the peak will be in 2/3 weeks and 2-3k could die in this county in one day.

The options are simple. Null and Void or Call. it has to be Call. After this the vote is simple - reconstruct or not.

If Hibs vote for reconstruction for one season out of 'fairness' to Hearts, our club will be in deep deep water without armbands.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I hope we vote for what’s best for Hibs. Couldn’t give a flying one about Hearts.

Remember last time we were at our weakest?
    Mercer tried to buy us and kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I hope we vote for what’s best for Hibs. Couldn’t give a flying one about Hearts.
    That's the whole point though. Why would voting to keep them up whilst singlehandeldly alienating a large percentage of it's fanbase be the right call for Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Exactly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    You would do well to outline the financial impact for Hibs if the proposal is voted through, and Hibs finish 7th ( eg lower Prize Money of £125k) and (with Hearts relegated the differential loss of income from up to 2 x derby games v 2 x Dundee Utd) next season

There will be other impacts for sure and adverse consequences for Hibs.

So to help people consider their voting intentions allow them to see the potential downside for us

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.
    The difference is, however, Hearts have conned, cheated and connived their way through Scottish football for many years now and people don't forget.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Finish the table as it stands now.

As it is very doubtful that fitba will return any time soon, all decisions are a bit hypothetical for now, as it stands the league should be finished with present positions taken as final. Hertz go down.
    Re-construction could be talked about next year when things are clearer and then if change is to happen bring it in for season 2021/22
    If Hibs vote as suggested (and no one really knows for sure yet) then I would not buy a season ticket. I am a fickle Hibs supporter but that is my right.
    I pays my money and I make my choice.

I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says
    with a cool head
    rather than what you think she's said.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 09-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    As it is very doubtful that fitba will return any time soon, all decisions are a bit hypothetical for now, as it stands the league should be finished with present positions taken as final. Hertz go down.
    Re-construction could be talked about next year when things are clearer and then if change is to happen bring it in for season 2021/22
    If Hibs vote as suggested (and no one really knows for sure yet) then I would not buy a season ticket. I am a fickle Hibs supporter but that is my right.
    I pays my money and I make my choice.
    Eh? The only people suggesting anything are the knee-jerkers on here.

I'm one of these weirdos who supports Hibs more than I dislike Hearts so I wouldn't be losing confidence in a fantastic CEO because she acts in the best interest of Hibernian.

Relegate them, unite the support. Put a team on the park and get 18k hibs every week. No loss of revenue from them being away

We would possibly play them in league cup group stages / cup anyway.

I’m sure I read they plan to play the Scottish Cup semi finals also ?!

How will prize money be split from that ?

Eh? The only people suggesting anything are the knee-jerkers on here.
    Eh? Eh? Eh?

Exactly.
    Out of interest, why do you think voting for reconstruction would be best for Hibs in these current circumstances?? (if indeed we do).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Out of interest, why do you think voting for reconstruction would be best for Hibs in these current circumstances?? (if indeed we do).
    I don't, not at all.

Where did I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says
    with a cool head
    rather than what you think she's said.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I don't, not at all.

Where did I say that?
    You keep saying that Hibs should vote on the option that is best for Hibs and have called outall those who would be apoplectic if Hibs vote to save Hearts. That is going to mean to reconstruct or not.

-Finishing the season is not an option.
    -Null and Void has already been ruled out.

That leaves Calling the season. LD will vote for this afterwhich the subject of reconstruction will be put on the table. LD alluded in her interview that she would be open to 'creative alternatives.' i.e reconstruction.

This is going to be the crucial vote and one which will have to be made in the best interests of Hibs. At this stage, what decision do you think would be in the best interests of Hibs?

If the government advice is another 13 weeks of disruption, then it's hard to see how this season can be completed without compromising the next campaign.
    But why say the Premiership is "more complicated" when it's not?
    Distribute the bulk of the remaining end-of-season cash now and say a vote will be taken when it becomes clear there is no prospect of any more play. I don't see the big rush.