hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Hate the rag but there's a good summary in the Daily Ranger today of voting intentions of the Scottish premier clubs:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...b-set-21843827

Aberdeen too close to call, but has Hibs down as a 'No' along with Rangers and Hearts. Looks like Hibs vote may well keep Hearts up if Aberdeen follow suit.

This won't sit well with the vast majority of Hibs supporters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just had a quick read through some of the comments on this thread. Interesting to see that a lot of fans seem to hate Hearts more than they love Hibs.

No matter what Hibs do I'll still be at every game supporting them.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate the rag but there's a good summary in the Daily Ranger today of voting intentions of the Scottish premier clubs:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...b-set-21843827

Aberdeen too close to call, but has Hibs down as a 'No' along with Rangers and Hearts. Looks like Hibs vote may well keep Hearts up if Aberdeen follow suit.

This won't sit well with the vast majority of Hibs supporters.
    Why are you stirring the ****?

Are you a Hibs supporter? If so why are you so keen to see the fans up in arms with the club?

Whatever way today's vote goes, the issue of Hearts' relegation isn't decided/confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Just had a quick read through some of the comments on this thread. Interesting to see that a lot of fans seem to hate Hearts more than they love Hibs.

No matter what Hibs do I'll still be at every game supporting them.
    You're making the wrong assumption. The benefits to Hibs financially of voting No are unclear particularly if there is dissent over their decision from a large % of the support

I don't really care about Hearts and never have done but hanging onto the notion that somehow the season is going to be completed is ridiculous. The league must be called now and the focus moved onto next season. If that involves restructuring to save Hearts necks so be it.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    If the poll was anything like rational you'd have a point. In truth the question is hugely biased towards the vote that's been achieved. If the question was 'Do you want Hearts to be relegated' I would certainly have voted yes. If it was do you want the club to concede 6th place to St Johnstone and give them £130k I would say the outcome would be very different.
    How does saving Hearts ensure we finish 6th and receive an extra £130k??

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    The good thing about this thread is that it has currently identified 30 yam infiltrators who voted no.
    Is it not a secret ballot?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Are you a Hibs supporter? If so why are you so keen to see the fans up in arms with the club?

Whatever way today's vote goes, the issue of Hearts' relegation isn't decided/confirmed.
    Maybe that question is more appropriate directed at yourself? Look at the results of the poll.

The article pretty much reflects the current position. Would you prefer if it was swept under the rug?

Like the vast majority of Hibs supporters I don't agree with the Club voting No' if that's what they do. It's kicking the can down the road.

First Team Breakthrough
    Never ever forget what they wanted to do us in 1990. The majority of the Hearts support wanted rid of us. I remember finishing work and going down to Easter Road with around 300 others to show our displeasure. If Dempster had have been around then she would'nt be voting NO now. GET THEM DOWN!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying that. I was beginning to think I had misunderstood the vote.

I think that has passed a lot of people by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    The folk making the “business case” for saving the poppy thieves are IMO a bit short sighted and likely the same folk who said they’d prefer promotion to a Scottish Cup win in 2016 (and there were plenty).
    Woah, easy. I said that. I realised within about two seconds of the final whistle I was wrong but in the run up, all I cared about about was promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Is it not a secret ballot?
    Just kidding Crops. Personally I would save them if there was a permanent and effective league reconstruction, so I would be a ‘yam infiltrator’ too! But as it stands, I feel there is no other option to relegate hearts.

It is a secret ballot to us mere mortals, but maybe the admin pricks can see who the 30 nae sayers are. Name and shame!! Kidding.

Maybe that question is more appropriate directed at yourself?
    Away and do one!

Look at the results of the poll.
    The poll's badly formulated and, apart from anything else, I'd be very surprised if it reflects the opinion of the Hibs support as a whole.

The article pretty much reflects the current position. Would you prefer if it was swept under the rug?
    If what was swept under the rug?

Like the vast majority of Hibs supporters I don't agree with the Club voting No' if that's what they do. It's kicking the can down the road.
    Vast majority? The vast majority, on here, who could be arsed responding to a badly worded question. And regardless of the result of today's vote, the can is being kicked down the road anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. I was beginning to think I had misunderstood the vote.

I think that has passed a lot of people by.
    It's scary how ill-informed some people choose to remain.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If they somehow got to stay up their fans would be right in our faces about it.
    And next season when their benefactor has let them overspend again and they score another late deflected winner at Easter road, how will you feel that the justice of relegation just didnt happen because of events nothing to do with football.
    Can we just get them down now please.
    That’s exactly how this should be looked at. Fans will be absolutely livid if they beat us next season and that anger would be aimed directly at the board. If they then went on to finish above us or knock us out of the cup that anger would be even greater. Someone said earlier that this scenario is based on fear of losing to them, it absolutely isn’t, it’s a situation that that the board would 100% have to deal with if the above happens. Do they really want to risk it?

United we stand here....

Away and do one!

The poll's badly formulated and, apart from anything else, I'd be very surprised if it reflects the opinion of the Hibs support as a whole.

Vast majority? The vast majority, on here, who could be arsed responding to a badly worded question. And regardless of the result of today's vote, the can is being kicked down the road anyway.
    That part I agree with. It's probably higher than 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That’s exactly how this should be looked at. Fans will be absolutely livid if they beat us next season and that anger would be aimed directly at the board. If they then went on to finish above us or knock us out of the cup that anger would be even greater. Someone said earlier that this scenario is based on fear of losing to them, it absolutely isn’t, it’s a situation that that the board would 100% have to deal with if the above happens. Do they really want to risk it?
    It’s not just that. Any vote of no now is a vote to delay the start of next season, putting the Sky deal at risk. Can the Hibs board risk doing that? Do they not have a duty to the shareholders? If that deal is lost on the back of something that Hibs voted against then how is that in our commercial interests?

Away and do one!

Your comments infer that you don't want Hibs fans to know that their Cub's vote is crucial to deciding Hearts fate = sweeping it under the rug.

If you genuinely think that Hibs fans are nonplussed about the Club's voting intentions then I think you are being naive to say the least.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 10-04-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Vote to send them down, it's that simple. As others have said, people who promote the "financial benefits" of decisions that clearly are not in our benefit as a club are typically short-sighted and unable to see the bigger picture (as we saw with the whole promotion vs cup win debate in 2016). Get them gone, I do not care if they'll bring a bigger away support than Dundee United will, I'd rather we never played them for 5 years. And if anyone disagrees with that, I'd suggest they think back to the 3rd of March 2020, and just how badly we were embarrassed by them even with them sitting 12th. Call me a pessimist, but I don't want them to have the chance to do it again for a good while.

Sink them, now

Your comments infer that you don't want Hibs fans to know that their Cub's vote is crucial to deciding Hearts fate = sweeping it under the rug.
    Eh? Where are you getting that from? Interpretation really isn't your strong point is it?

If you genuinely think that Hibs fans are nonplussed about the Club's viting intentions then I think you are being naive to say the least.
    I'd prefer it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I don't think that at all and certainly never said it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Vote to send them down, it's that simple. As others have said, people who promote the "financial benefits" of decisions that clearly are not in our benefit as a club are typically short-sighted and unable to see the bigger picture (as we saw with the whole promotion vs cup win debate in 2016). Get them gone, I do not care if they'll bring a bigger away support than Dundee United will, I'd rather we never played them for 5 years. And if anyone disagrees with that, I'd suggest they think back to the 3rd of March 2020, and just how badly we were embarrassed by them even with them sitting 12th. Call me a pessimist, but I don't want them to have the chance to do it again for a good while.

Sink them, now
    The vote is about so much more than that. Whatever happens to hearts is just collateral damage.

Left by mutual consent!
    The vote is about so much more than that. Whatever happens to hearts is just collateral damage.
    Will this season realistically get finished? Unlikely. Do we want it null and void? No danger. Does ending the season as things stand piss off the fans of our two greatest rivals? Yes.

Get it done

Eh? Where are you getting that from? Interpretation really isn't your strong point is it?

I'd prefer it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I don't think that at all and certainly never said it.
    The vast majority of Hibs fans will want Hearts relegated. If you think otherwise you are mistaken.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s not just that. Any vote of no now is a vote to delay the start of next season, putting the Sky deal at risk. Can the Hibs board risk doing that? Do they not have a duty to the shareholders? If that deal is lost on the back of something that Hibs voted against then how is that in our commercial interests?

I agree, it isn’t in our interest to vote against this under any circumstances. The loss of 6th place and the money that brings isn’t a strong argument as we could finish lower than 7th if the games are played.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The vast majority of Hibs fans will want Hearts relegated. If you think otherwise you are mistaken.
    Show me where I said otherwise.

I'm not sure that the vast majoity will turn on the club if Hearts aren't relegated though. It would depend on the circumstances.

Will this season realistically get finished? Unlikely. Do we want it null and void? No danger. Does ending the season as things stand piss off the fans of our two greatest rivals? Yes.

Get it done
    I agree with everything you've said there.

But the last one shouldn't influence how the club votes.

Calm down Mrs he posted a link to a story widely available hardly shhit stirring.

Get it done
    That's not what this vote is about, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Calm down Mrs he posted a link to a story widely available hardly shhit stirring.
    For me he is.

He seems to be relishing the idea of "the vast majority" of Hibs' supporters being unhappy. He keeps going on about it.

The biggest issue for me is about Season Tickets for next season. If this goes through today I’d get my head around getting mine bought for next season soon since we’d have a good idea of what’s going to happen. Hibs voting against this today adds to the possibility of a shortened season next year which makes forking out for an st now a much harder decision

Look mate, I have nothing against you and I'm sure like me, you have the best interests of the Club at heart.

You went off on one for me posting a link to a newspaper article which summarises the premier club's positions. That is 100% relevant to the thread and I don't see why somehow it shouldn't be out in the open or covered up.

We clearly disagree on Hibs' approach on this and I'm happy to have a debate about it, but please leave personal slurs out of it.