hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In life you meet all sorts of people, hard liners, pacifists, demonstrable types and liberalists etc, etc. Some people won't or cannot make judgements that may hurt or impair others so they try to pass themselves off as people who forgive those that have done wrong or they believe that people do in fact do no wrong. They often think they sit above the common man and have an intelligence that others don't. These people are dangerous!! Let HMFC reap what they sow and have done for years, ffs I can't believe we are even debating it. Never forget May 2012, surely that has to be the boot in the balls these liberal loonies need right now.

By the way, LD's words are holllow, she is playing the politics game. She wants the unwashed down just as much as most sensible Hibees do!
    Did you form this view before or after speaking with Nelson Mandela?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Send them down.

First Team Breakthrough
    Very interesting thread . There are a couple of key points here which will influence all SPL clubs decision making and not just Hibs . 1. how will the new TV deal be affected by a delayed start to the new season , due to trying to finish the current one in late August/September ? and 2. Would the new TV deal have to be scrapped / renegotiated if there was a 14 team league (42 games) instead of existing 12 team league (48 games) ? . The answer to 1 is that it is increasingly unlikely that competitive games (even behind close doors) will not start before beginning September , as all teams will require at least 3 weeks of training and practice games . This will become evident in next few days when govt advises how long COVID restrictions stay in place. The answer to 2 , is that the SPL should already be in discussions with Sky as to what revisions are on/off the table . There is no way the SPL will allow the TV deal to falter. Thus it is likely the vote will be to make a decision on announced set date in 2-3 weeks time after govt and UEFA have provided further clarification . This gets the league/SPL off the hook from having to make a decision now, citing changing situation. . Then in 2-3 weeks , they will then announce league is complete...... allowing payment of monies to clubs , allowing clubs to plan for upcoming season and perhaps most importantly to the SPL clubs ... preserve the new TV deal. The clubs will also look at the lead taken by the Belgian league , which has called time on their season .

......and after all that , Hearts will be relegated..

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Hibs decision will be based solely on which option is best for Hibs - as it should be. Nothing moral about that. Whether we like it or not, a decision that results in Hearts staying up will be to our benefit financially. If the situation was reversed Hearts would do the same - given the financial state they're in they'd hardly vote to get less money just in order to relegate Hibs.
    Short term yes.

Long term, possibly no.

I seem to recall Rangers making such noises about their financial clout a few years ago..predicting desperation and doom for the remaining top flight clubs if they were relegated.

Well we all survived.

I say again, I don't know of any business that thrives as a result of totally psiishing off their customers.

We are the customers that keep the business afloat....and it is evident that OVERWHELMINGLY the customers want hearts to be relegated.

To vote against the customers' wishes, even if they are based on emotion, would be a foolhardy act which would drive a wedge between the supporter base and the current board.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    So basically we want rid of Hearts because folk are scared they will finish higher up the league than us, or because the fans want to see them suffer. If what Hibs do for the good of our club benefits Hearts it would be a PR disaster for the club would it .... utter pish.
    Are you suggesting that severely alienating the vast vast majority of the fans (or customers) will benefit Hibs ?

Seen as you seem to enjoy throwing insults, here’s one back.........Utter garbage you bounder ! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Short term yes.

Long term, possibly no.

I seem to recall Rangers making such noises about their financial clout a few years ago..predicting desperation and doom for the remaining top flight clubs if they were relegated.

Well we all survived.

I say again, I don't know of any business that thrives as a result of totally psiishing off their customers.

We are the customers that keep the business afloat....and it is evident that OVERWHELMINGLY the customers want hearts to be relegated.

To vote against the customers' wishes, even if they are based on emotion, would be a foolhardy act which would drive a wedge between the supporter base and the current board.
    This - 100%

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    The correct call will be made I’ll be shocked if we don’t vote to send them packing, if we do favour them staying up I’d be fuming that would be unforgivable

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeros16 View Post
    The correct call will be made I’ll be shocked if we don’t vote to send them packing, if we do favour them staying up I’d be fuming that would be unforgivable
    Agree. Dempster is not stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes agree - any money made by finishing 6th instead of 7th and by having 1 (maybe 2) home derbies would be lees than the money lost by alienating the fans (people not renewing, new STs not bought.......or dare i day people who have renewed asking for their money back !)

Notwithstanding the above, it’s difficult to put a financial price on severely damaging the currently very strong “feel good” fan/club relationship

I hope Ron and Leeann fully appreciate this !

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Yes agree - any money made by finishing 6th instead of 7th and by having 1 (maybe 2) home derbies would be lees than the money lost by alienating the fans (people not renewing, new STs not bought.......or dare i day people who have renewed asking for their money back !)

Notwithstanding the above, it’s difficult to put a financial price on severely damaging the currently very strong “feel good” fan/club relationship

I hope Ron and Leeann fully appreciate this !
    Partick Thistle are currently 2 points adrift at the bottom of their table, with a game in hand against a team they've taken maximum points from this season.

Do you think they should be relegated?

@hibs.net private member
    The good thing about this thread is that it has currently identified 30 yam infiltrators who voted no.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It’s not fair on Partick, but yeah they should be relegated. Same with Hearts.

They are where they are based on their crappy results.

The season has to end. I’d say it would be more unfair not to promote the teams that have won their leagues.

Think of it this way. If Dundee Utd don’t get promoted they are being punished. If Hearts don’t get relegated they are being rewarded.

Why punish success and reward failure? That’s just can’t be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Partick Thistle are currently 2 points adrift at the bottom of their table, with a game in hand against a team they've taken maximum points from this season.

Do you think they should be relegated?
    Unprecedented times. Yes sadly.

Do you think Celtic deserve the title and hearts deserve to go down ?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

The season has to end. I’d say it would be more unfair not to promote the teams that have won their leagues.

Think of it this way. If Dundee Utd don’t get promoted they are being punished. If Hearts don’t get relegated they are being rewarded.

Very good post

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

I'd be delighted if Hearts go down. If it was me voting today, I would happily stop the league and relegate them.

However, if I was being asked to vote today to relegate Partick Thistle (which is what the clubs are being asked to do), I'm not sure I could do that and certainly not with a clear conscience.

I agree, it really isn't fair on Partick. However they'll romp league 1 net year should their relegation be confirmed.
    As for Hearts, they've made their bed this year they can go lie in it and the stench of their financial cheating years lingers.

Where I see an issue is with Brechin/Kelty/Brora fighting for a place in League2. Brechin have been awful all season and the two other sides have been excellent.
    Kelty and Brora are being told just to go away and that all their efforts were for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Going by Leanne's comments in the Glasgow Times, and on BBC gossip page. I think we will be voting to end the league.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    I agree, it really isn't fair on Partick. However they'll romp league 1 net year should their relegation be confirmed.
    As for Hearts, they've made their bed this year they can go lie in it and the stench of their financial cheating years lingers.

Where I see an issue is with Brechin/Kelty/Brora fighting for a place in League2. Brechin have been awful all season and the two other sides have been excellent.
    Kelty and Brora are being told just to go away and that all their efforts were for nothing.
    Agree there are a lot of losers even Falkirk who are finishing strong but everyone knew from the start that this would have losers but it seems the best solution..... Scottish football needs to move forward and no football at all before June brings into play Contracts which would itself be a minefield

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    The good thing about this thread is that it has currently identified 30 yam infiltrators who voted no.
    Really?
    How about 30 good Hibs fans who just happen to have a different view point from yourself.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Really?
    How about 30 good Hibs fans who just happen to have a different view point from yourself.
    A bit ambiguous but I think I know what you are saying. However, it could be construed that you think that the majority who voted to relegate Hearts are bad Hibs fans, if you get my drift.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

It's a marathon, not a sprint, it's unfortunate for some that an external force brought the season to a premature end but they are where they are on merit so those occupying the relegation positions at the wrong time simply have to go, punishing success and rewarding failure is the right analogy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Hahaha, what? Its times like this the prospect of fan ownership terrifies me and I'm grateful we have competent, rational professionals running the club.

The folk making the “business case” for saving the poppy thieves are IMO a bit short sighted and likely the same folk who said they’d prefer promotion to a Scottish Cup win in 2016 (and there were plenty).

The longer the indecision lasts then the longer it will be before we get the cash from the SPL, i think the shortage of cash will swing it round to finish the season early, all the SPL has to do is wait it out and even Hibs will vote for it.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Quite honestly I couldn't give a toss. This virus business has confirmed to me how fed up I am with football these days. Beam me up, Scotty!
    Me too tbh..was getting to a point anyway where I'm getting a bit fed up with it all before all this happened.

Doubt I'll renew the season ticket for a range of reasons. 40 odd years of attending but I think I'll concentrate on throwing my diminishing pension funds away on the horses.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    When's the vote and when will the results be announced?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    When's the vote and when will the results be announced?
    Actually, just to answer my own question, from The Telegraph:

" . . . . . . the 5pm Friday deadline for votes on the SPFL plan is actually advisory because the rules allow for a response time of up to 28 days. Nobody seems to have thought of a way to exploit that part of the rulebook but, as always in these wars of self-interest, never say never."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...verage-points/
    Last edited by cocteautwin; 10-04-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Going by Leanne's comments in the Glasgow Times, and on BBC gossip page. I think we will be voting to end the league.
    Really? Other papers saying we’re voting no and looking at another solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    The folk making the “business case” for saving the poppy thieves are IMO a bit short sighted and likely the same folk who said they’d prefer promotion to a Scottish Cup win in 2016 (and there were plenty).
    I probably think the same as you do on these issues but I’m happy this place is not an echo chamber. I doubt if I would still be on here after about 20 years if it was.

If they somehow got to stay up their fans would be right in our faces about it.
    And next season when their benefactor has let them overspend again and they score another late deflected winner at Easter road, how will you feel that the justice of relegation just didnt happen because of events nothing to do with football.
    Can we just get them down now please.