hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the government advice is another 13 weeks of disruption, then it's hard to see how this season can be completed without compromising the next campaign.
    But why say the Premiership is "more complicated" when it's not?
    Distribute the bulk of the remaining end-of-season cash now and say a vote will be taken when it becomes clear there is no prospect of any more play. I don't see the big rush.
    It's more complicated because of UEFA's threat to ban clubs from their tournaments if things aren't done their way. The lower leagues don't need to consider that and UEFA don't give a toss about lower league clubs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    This is not ultimately about Hearts - it's about fairness. That being the case the only way out I can see is reconstruction. 14 team league = relegation and promotion issues all but resolved at a stroke. Let the huns go on bumping their gums as they have no leg to stand on. As for those threatening to withdraw support if Hibs dont vote to send the Yams straight down - have a word ya embitterednumpties!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    You keep saying that Hibs should vote on the option that is best for Hibs and have called outall those who would be apoplectic if Hibs vote to save Hearts. That is going to mean to reconstruct or not.

-Finishing the season is not an option.
    -Null and Void has already been ruled out.

That leaves Calling the season. LD will vote for this afterwhich the subject of reconstruction will be put on the table. LD alluded in her interview that she would be open to 'creative alternatives.' i.e reconstruction.

This is going to be the crucial vote and one which will have to be made in the best interests of Hibs. At this stage, what decision do you think would be in the best interests of Hibs?

Creative alternatives could also be summer football, reviewing how the money is split, parachute payments, etc.

As it stands nobody knows how long it will be before league football can be played again, and only a complete idiot would give a definite answer to anything in this respect.

If (and it's a big if) we get back to having football in August/September, then calling the league/actual positions is the only possible way forward that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This is not ultimately about Hearts - it's about fairness. That being the case the only way out I can see is reconstruction. 14 team league = relegation and promotion issues all but resolved at a stroke. Let the huns go on bumping their gums as they have no leg to stand on. As for those threatening to withdraw support if Hibs dont vote to send the Yams straight down - have a word ya embitterednumpties!
    No real Hibs fan would do that anyway. No great loss if a few doughnuts go in the huff.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Remember last time we were at our weakest?
    Mercer tried to buy us and kill us.
    Recently read his offer document to buy Hibs again, post mercer generation Hearts would shut us down without a backwards glance.

Looking at their hideous treatment of other clubs and their creditors in the run up to, and during their administration I just can't comprehend why we wouldn't want them to be knocked further into second place in Edinburgh, if not into oblivion.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    If the government advice is another 13 weeks of disruption, then it's hard to see how this season can be completed without compromising the next campaign.
    But why say the Premiership is "more complicated" when it's not?
    Distribute the bulk of the remaining end-of-season cash now and say a vote will be taken when it becomes clear there is no prospect of any more play. I don't see the big rush.
    For ‘More complicated’ read kop out!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'm one of these weirdos.
    You couldve just stopped here tbf.

**** the hertz
    Signed
    Embitterednumpty, doughnut

@hibs.net private member
    Not surprised by the comments on here but it’s time to take the green specs off. The proposal of points per game costs Hibs £125k in prize money. The loss of two games against them another £250k. There is going to be very little money around next season not only in football but in society. It’s fanciful to think Hibs will average 180000 for home games next year when unemployment levels could hit 20%. There is going to be a drop in ST sales at most clubs if not all, sponsorship will be down as will hospitality. I’d be amazed if any “fan” that could afford a ST did not get one to punish Hibs for voting against ending the season prematurely. This vote is NOT just about Hearts, listen to what it’s means to Partick Thistle and Stranraer and the clubs in the play offs. Football is about competing to the final whistle, the 21/05/16 taught us that. All teams should have the chance to win leagues and cups on the pitch or even get relegated on the pitch not the boardroom.

I can guarantee you now if Hibs were bottom of the league we would be going off our heads about being denying the opportunity to save ourselves on the pitch. These proposals are just wrong

No real Hibs fan would do that anyway. No great loss if a few doughnuts go in the huff.
    Of course, in these times, losing season ticket revenue would be no big deal eh.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    There's plenty Hibs fans on here whose positions on keeping Hearts up I don't agree with, but insulting and disrespecting fellow fans because they happen not to have the same view as you?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Of course, in these times, losing season ticket revenue would be no big deal eh.
    Will happen either way, can't please everyone. I'd rather the ones who want hearts to suffer more than Hibs prosper are the ones who go.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Not surprised by the comments on here but it’s time to take the green specs off. The proposal of points per game costs Hibs £125k in prize money. The loss of two games against them another £250k. There is going to be very little money around next season not only in football but in society. It’s fanciful to think Hibs will average 180000 for home games next year when unemployment levels could hit 20%. There is going to be a drop in ST sales at most clubs if not all, sponsorship will be down as will hospitality. I’d be amazed if any “fan” that could afford a ST did not get one to punish Hibs for voting against ending the season prematurely. This vote is NOT just about Hearts, listen to what it’s means to Partick Thistle and Stranraer and the clubs in the play offs. Football is about competing to the final whistle, the 21/05/16 taught us that. All teams should have the chance to win leagues and cups on the pitch or even get relegated on the pitch not the boardroom.

I can guarantee you now if Hibs were bottom of the league we would be going off our heads about being denying the opportunity to save ourselves on the pitch. These proposals are just wrong
    That really is fanciful - we don't have a 400,000 fan base like Hearts you know.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    In order of preference:

1. Finish this season when possible, shorten next season if necessary
    2. Conclude based on avg points or scaleback to the minimum number of games played (don't have a preference which)
    3. Voiding should be last resort. I genuinely don't see how it is any better than option 1 or 2

Direct impact on Hearts/Hibs shouldn't come into it

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You couldve just stopped here tbf.
    And the crowd goes mild.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says
    with a cool head
    rather than what you think she's said.
    Agree entirely with this post. 10/10.

The only thing to add is that the Evening News will have spun what's said to provoke response and reviews generating income for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says
    with a cool head
    rather than what you think she's said.

This is exactly what LD said:

“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

I think people are very much entitled to read that as reconstruction is not only on the table, it may well be our preferred option.

What else could she be talking about? She's already ruled out null and void and it doesn't sound like the sort of speech to use if your just talking about trying to get the games played somehow.

So what else could it mean? Genuine question. "Its going to change everything.. everything had to change anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Agree entirely with this post. 10/10.

The only thing to add is that the Evening News will have spun what's said to provoke response and reviews generating income for them.
    It's the direct quotes which are getting me worried tbf.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

I think people are very much entitled to read that as reconstruction is not only on the table, it may well be our preferred option.

What else could she be talking about? She's already ruled out null and void and it doesn't sound like the sort of speech to use if your just talking about trying to get the games played somehow.

So what else could it mean? Genuine question. "Its going to change everything.. everything had to change anyway".
    "in some small way"

League reconstruction?
    Changes to how the money is shared out?
    Change of calender for league season?
    Summer football?
    Changes to split?
    Changes to promotion/relegation/play-off system?

Coaching Staff
    Many are suggesting that Leeann will vote the way SHE considers right.

Not so.

She will vote the way the Board as a collective decide.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    She is just biding time and to be honest think she is right to do so. She also isn't going to come out and blatantly put Hearts down without considering the bigger picture which imo is exactly the right thing to do. The one big factor in not playing this season in August is the new Scottish deal from Sky which apparently indicates a league start in August. No idea if that is a big factor in limiting the option of this season running on but it may well be. Clubs need money now to save themselves which is likely the biggest reason the vote will go through. Votes are to be cast by Friday at 5pm so no time at all for them to consider their decision.
    She cant be seen to want them relegated, as much as i'd like her to say so. She's just playing the waiting game until such times as there is no other option, and that will be the only option soon enough.

I'm one of these weirdos who supports Hibs more than I dislike Hearts so I wouldn't be losing confidence in a fantastic CEO because she acts in the best interest of Hibernian.
    Voting for some temporary reconstruction would be not in our best interests.
    Leeann says we need to take our time but surely that ship has sailed if we need to vote by Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actual read what the Yam infested EEN wrote and point me at the direct quotes from LD that explicitly say Hibernian will

1. Vote other than its best interests
    2. Will vote for reconstruction
    3. Will vote to "save" HMFC

LD will vote as her board directs and that means what RG wants...and he wants to dominate this city as per his recent announcements.

Lets all calm down and let this play out to its inevitable conclusion and stop turning on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    And a 14 team league is good for Hibs how?

Coaching Staff
    FWIW I consider it would be unfair to relegate any team with the season incomplete

Unfair it may be, but I would love Hearts to get relegated.

Long term there are benefits to Hibs if our city rivals spend a few seasons in the lower divisions, or even better, remain there.

The board will make their own decision, but even though Hibs fans may be voting out of emotion.....they are nevertheless the customers who keep the club afloat, and I don’t know many businesses that flourish by deliberately phishing off their customers!

Wow, your awful blasé about our season ticket sales. One minute your all about what’s good for Hibs, next you don’t care if folk buy tickets of not.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

You could read whatever you want into the comment. Does "everything in football had to change anyway" mean she thinks the leagues needed to be restructured whether we suffered the current problems or not? I don't know and neither do you, but she does also say "in some small way" - restructuring the leagues is not a small way.

"I think it is going to change everything". She's absolutely right here IMO. Most clubs in Scotland are going to have to reset significantly and several are in real danger of going the way of the original Rangers. As I said, if that happens restructuring of some sort will become inevitable.

I think what LD is saying is that we have to react to events as they happen, ruling nothing out and ruling nothing in, and if restructuring is the best way to deal with them then so be it. My personal view is that an immediate restructuring is a bad choice, but I'm not in possession of all the information necessary to support that view in full.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.
    I think COVID19, people's lives and jobs are front and centre, bud.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I think COVID19, people's lives and jobs are front and centre, bud.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Come on you are way better than that. You know fine well we are talking in a football only context here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    "in some small way"

League reconstruction?
    Changes to how the money is shared out?
    Change of calender for league season?
    Summer football?
    Changes to split?
    Changes to promotion/relegation/play-off system?
    Yes and in my view she has used this platform to float the idea that hibs would be open to league reconstruction. I get that that is a bit of joining the dots on my part, but we've heard no mention of the other options you raise and I feel this is the most likely inference to take.

If this is the case then I'll be raging with the decision. People can say that's not pragmatic etc but that is how I'll feel.