hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...y-calm-2533749

I dont think LD says anything particularly controversial in this article.

If anything, the underlying tone is - lets see what happens next in the lockdown and make a decision on this and next season.

For me, that seems to mean that (when, not if) the UK and Scottish govts tell us that we are effectively in lockdown for another X weeks that football and Hibs will make a decision then.

She is fairly clear that she doesnt see voiding the season as an option and has told Budge that.

I should say that I want Hearts relegated, they deserve to be relegated and I would hate it to be Hibs that saved them.

This issue doesnt really impact on the ST renewal as I dont have the cash (and am self emp with zero income) to get one right now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I actually thought her comments were considered and made sense to not rush a decision and take some time to think about the impact of this however the bottom line is if the other clubs vote it through then what Hibs do won't matter.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    What she says is in line with the SPFL's statement yesterday, ie. wait for further news on when there will be matches before making a decision. Therefore we're obviously going to accept the proposition.

She's also right to say that 40 minutes of conference call isn't enough - especially if there are 12-20 participants. That's probably the equivalent of a 15-20 'normal' minute meeting.

Speaking about never going back if Hibs vote to save Hearts is nonsense IMO. How Hibs vote further down the line will be in accordance with what the board think is right 1. for Hibs and 2. for the SPFL going forward. Whether this eventually saves or relegates Hearts will be an afterthough, which is how it should be.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    What Hibs need to think about, what would THEY do if the tables were turned and we were in that position?? Would they vote to save us??? Would they F*** !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What she says is in line with the SPFL's statement yesterday, ie. wait for further news on when there will be matches before making a decision. Therefore we're obviously going to accept the proposition.

She's also right to say that 40 minutes of conference call isn't enough - especially if there are 12-20 participants. That's probably the equivalent of a 15-20 'normal' minute meeting.

Speaking about never going back if Hibs vote to save Hearts is nonsense IMO. How Hibs vote further down the line will be in accordance with what the board think is right 1. for Hibs and 2. for the SPFL going forward. Whether this eventually saves or relegates Hearts will be an afterthough, which is how it should be.
    The last point is spot on. We will vote on it based on what’s best for the club and the leagues as a whole. Football is very tribal and of course most Hibs fans want Hearts relegated without a second thought, but that’s not how the club will think.

Dempster doesn’t even rule out finishing the league as it stands. She wants more time to make a decision and more time to see where the lockdown situation goes next. She also seems pretty open to finishing the games even if it means waiting till August or later, which would be the fairest solution but might not be possible for most clubs due to finance.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The last point is spot on. We will vote on it based on what’s best for the club and the leagues as a whole. Football is very tribal and of course most Hibs fans want Hearts relegated without a second thought, but that’s not how the club will think.

Dempster doesn’t even rule out finishing the league as it stands. She wants more time to make a decision and more time to see where the lockdown situation goes next. She also seems pretty open to finishing the games even if it means waiting till August or later, which would be the fairest solution but might not be possible for most clubs due to finance.
    She is just biding time and to be honest think she is right to do so. She also isn't going to come out and blatantly put Hearts down without considering the bigger picture which imo is exactly the right thing to do. The one big factor in not playing this season in August is the new Scottish deal from Sky which apparently indicates a league start in August. No idea if that is a big factor in limiting the option of this season running on but it may well be. Clubs need money now to save themselves which is likely the biggest reason the vote will go through. Votes are to be cast by Friday at 5pm so no time at all for them to consider their decision.

I'll be furious if we vote to save them.

It's our city and all that crap will count for nothing and we will deserve our place as that nice little club down at the dockside who always do what they are told.

I've not renewed yet and would have serious concerns about doing so should Hibs do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I'll be furious if we vote to save them.

It's our city and all that crap will count for nothing and we will deserve our place as that nice little club down at the dockside who always do what they are told.

I've not renewed yet and would have serious concerns about doing so should Hibs do it.
    It won't be a vote to save them it will be a vote for what is best for Hibs and for protecting the game up here as best as is possible. Hearts being relegated would just be a nice wee extra...

Whether or not we renew our STs hinges on this vote. Vote to save them and they can shove it.

I also can't understand why she thinks starting the games again in Aug/Sep is an appropriate solution as that would mean the current season would finish in what, November? What a farce that would be.

Call it and move on to next season Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It won't be a vote to save them it will be a vote for what is best for Hibs and for protecting the game up here as best as is possible. Hearts being relegated would just be a nice wee extra...
    You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.

Honestly can’t be arsed with LD’s cosy little relationship with Budge. ****** budge and ****** Hearts.

Kick them while they’re down. As they would do to us.

First Team Regular
    I actually think her statement is reasonsble and pretty non-committal.

She also makes it clear that Budge has been lobbying her about voiding the season, something she has flat out refused to consider (maybe she gave Budge some tips...😉)

However i understand people's concerns, and the history of Hibs is littered with supposedly 'moral' decisions that have absolutely cost the club in the immoral, or amoral, world of football. Hibs are not a ruthless club, and that is not often a good thing in the dog eat dog world of football.

I also would like someone to explain to me the rationale and benefits of reconstruction. From memory, reconstruction that has happened in the past has been discussed ad nauseum, and planned a season in advance - and yet this version wasnt even on the horizon just a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.
    It's not, it's a side issue. If it were St Mirren or Hamilton at the bottom this would be a very different conversation.

Hibs should look at protection of our own interests in the first instance.

LD has intimated she wants to wait to see what comes next from the government and maybe we could wait and see before getting stuck into her and the club for being pretty straight up with that.
    Last edited by Iain G; 09-04-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Can’t see that it makes sense for Hibs to do anything other than finish it.

There is no point in us resuming the league in our position. Finish it, get our prize money. We then don’t need to extend contracts etc to finish a season and can just get on with planning for next, whenever that might be.

Alternatively, we could risk pissing off a sizeable number of our own support.

Lets finish the league to take any doubt away.If not we will hear forever how poor Hearts were unfairly treated and how Celtic never really won the league.Finish what was started then start next season in September.The big establishment clubs aint happy!!!! Brilliant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can’t see that it makes sense for Hibs to do anything other than finish it.

There is no point in us resuming the league in our position. Finish it, get our prize money. We then don’t need to extend contracts etc to finish a season and can just get on with planning for next, whenever that might be.

Alternatively, we could risk pissing off a sizeable number of our own support.
    Yup, declare it and move on and release the prize money that may help keep clubs afloat over the next few months and plan for next season.

While it's up to people to have there own opinion, I dont understand how some are saying they won't renew season tickets if hibs vote no. Surely your love for hibs outweighs your hate for hearts. I dont like hearts like the rest of us and am enjoying winding up mates on message groups but if I'm honest I enjoy the derby to much for them to go down. It's a tough decision for the SPL to make, they cant win either way. Just my opinion.

Given that LD made her decision to remove the loyalty points system a few years ago based in being worried that a few people had threatened to not renew seasons because of it, I think Hibs should be taking heed of some of the comments on this thread. Theres quite a few long term season ticket holders that won’t renew if we vote to give them a reprieve, and the fallout could be significant.

As Liverpool found out last week, it’s incredibly important to keep the fans inside, regardless of what the business decision might point to. We’d lose more money keeping them up than voting them down.

Voted yes. I'm only concerned about Hibs and next season.

I also know someone that wont renew if we save hertz. Cannae blame him, I would be fuming and if I had a season ticket would also not renew. @#$% saving that lot. If Hibs did save them we would be accused by their ****ty fans that we hibsed it, @#$% them.Years of cheating and not paying their debts, equal playing field and all that.
    We now have a chance to put them where they belong.
    Dont mess it up Hibs.
    PULL THE TRIGGER.

I’m really against this 14 team league for 1 season nonsense.

If you are going to restructure then it has to be a decent proposal which is put in place for a few years - not a 1 season to please a few teams than back to 12 idea.

I’ve said for years I’m bored of playing teams x4 times and possibly x6 with the cup games etc.

I agree it’s not ideal for rushed proposals but the only compromise I have is relegate Hearts now and then the season after say you would expand the league so basically they get stuck down in that league for a minimum of 1 year.

I’ve not renewed my ST yet - Hibs is a massive part of my life but I’m curious to see what Scottish football do here / Hibs act here - but I do plan to renew before the deadline as long as they don’t pull some nonsense out the bag. Of course I love Hibs more than I dislike Hearts but it’s more to do with the direction of Scottish football.

The We are all Hibs and This is our City taglines need to be justified and I doubt we will make a statement about who we voted for but it’s a question that can’t be dodged surely.

This wasn’t even on the table at the recent AGM and now reconstruction is being talked about out of no where.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 09-04-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    While it's up to people to have there own opinion, I dont understand how some are saying they won't renew season tickets if hibs vote no. Surely your love for hibs outweighs your hate for hearts. I dont like hearts like the rest of us and am enjoying winding up mates on message groups but if I'm honest I enjoy the derby to much for them to go down. It's a tough decision for the SPL to make, they cant win either way. Just my opinion.
    I agree 100%.

A waste of energy is this poll; of course Hibs fans would love to see them relegated.

Whatever the decision, I'll expect Hibs will make their decision on what's best for Scottish Football, in general, and for Hibernian FC, of course. I don't expect that Hertz will come into that decision making at all.

For those who say "I'll not renew", sounds to me as if they hate Hertz more than they love Hibs. Something we accuse our nearest neighbours of in reverse.

Whatever happens to Scottish Football, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better IMO, worrying about Hertz is least of the Hibernian Boards worries.

Can't vote on phone but we should be voting to relegate Hearts.

If we do I'll genuinely reconsider my intention to get a season ticket for next season.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I think that a fair solution all round is that if league reconstruction is now the be all and end all, do it at the end of next season. That way everyone knows what they are playing for. The league's should stand as they are, and yes some clubs will have a gripe, but that is just tough ****. Reconstruction has not been seriously discussed for years and now all of a sudden it's the saviour of Scottish football!?! It cannot be used to save the dirty, cheating, poppy theiving, charity robbing, delusional, self important fuds in Georgie. I will be very disappointed if Hibs do not vote for the proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Can't vote on phone but we should be voting to relegate Hearts.

If we do I'll genuinely reconsider my intention to get a season ticket for next season.
    You honestly think that our vote should be based on that alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I also know someone that wont renew if we save hertz. Cannae blame him, I would be fuming and if I had a season ticket would also not renew. @#$% saving that lot. If Hibs did save them we would be accused by their ****ty fans that we hibsed it, @#$% them.Years of cheating and not paying their debts, equal playing field and all that.
    We now have a chance to put them where they belong.
    Dont mess it up Hibs.
    PULL THE TRIGGER.
    Exactly that.

If Hibs are happy to see people not renewing their season tickets to keep Hearts in the league then Dempster should crack on.

The economy is in a perilous state , it won't take much for someone to decide to keep that £400 in their pocket.

I think you will see the same scenario as when sevco tried to get into the championship. Supporters groups will tell them in no uncertain terms that the proposal needs passing. Any attempt to save Hertz will cost teams thousands. I think Dempster has said all the right things but when it comes to it Ron will decide to back the proposal.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    LD does seem to like having a good working relationship with Budge which is admirable, but Budge takes great delight in taking sly digs at every opportunity. I can’t be bothered listing them all but we all know the examples.

The big question for me is whether if the scenario was reversed and we were bottom, would Budge save us?

Not a hope in hell.
    I don't imagine fostering a good working or personal relationship with Budge is very high up the list of objectives she has agreed for Hibernian football club, but wrongly prioritising it could certainly impact areas that are important to the club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Exactly that.

If Hibs are happy to see people not renewing their season tickets to keep Hearts in the league then Dempster should crack on.

The economy is in a perilous state , it won't take much for someone to decide to keep that £400 in their pocket.
    Will you stop polluting this place with that crap?

Hibs vote will note be based on what happens to Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You honestly think that our vote should be based on that alone?
    I have absolutely no doubt that there will be people who don't renew if vote to keep Hearts in the league. Years of cheating to gain an unfair advantage and we save their arse by voting to keep them in now? Not for me.