hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I would struggle with four. What made me love Hibs was that amazing strip running out of the tunnel at ER for the first time as a four year old, they just looked totally magical. As for favourite players, Ally McLeod, John Collins, Franck Sauzee, John McGinn probably spring to mind instantly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

After a horrible period in our history I really fell back in love with Hibs under Stubbs. Felt like I got my club back. My four are..

Malonga
    Allan
    Gray

Then latterly McGinn.

The game it really hit home was the cup game against undefeated Aberdeen when we tore them up. That was the first time in a long long time I gave them a standing ovation at the end and i admit to having a wee lump in the throat. Hibs were back.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would struggle with four. What made me love Hibs was that amazing strip running out of the tunnel at ER for the first time as a four year old, they just looked totally magical. As for favourite players, Ally McLeod, John Collins, Franck Sauzee, John McGinn probably spring to mind instantly.
    One of the things I hate most about modern football is the 2 teams walking out together and all that hand shaking pish.

Call me an old romantic but I loved the away team running out to pantomime boos then a minute later Hibs emerging. As you say seeing the strips for the 1st time on match day is almost magical.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    One of the things I hate most about modern football is the 2 teams walking out together and all that hand shaking pish.

Call me an old romantic but I loved the away team running out to pantomime boos then a minute later Hibs emerging. As you say seeing the strips for the 1st time on match day is almost magical.
    😁 i remember years agobeing at dens park for dundee v raith. Never heard a home crowd boo their team BEFORE the game started!!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Ally McLeod
    Keith Wright
    Franck Sauzee
    John McGinn

Honourable mentions - Gordon Rae, John Collins, Mickey Weir, Kevin McAllister, Michael O'Neill, Darren Jackson, Russell Latapy, Derek Riordan, Scott Brown, Liam Henderson, Sir David Gray.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Boozy might be one of the most underrated players ive seen at hibs. I remember a game at easter road against celtic he was superb and ripped the pish out of Lennon. Between 2005-2007 what a selection of players we had.

Whittaker
    Jones
    Hogg
    Caldwell
    Murphy
    Sproule
    Shiels
    Stewart
    Boozy
    Brown
    Thomson
    Zemmama
    Benji
    O'connor
    Riordan
    Fletcher
    Killen

Superb
    Wasn’t that the game he played sweeper? Also played sweeper against Rangers and he was excellent
    Last edited by .Sean.; 08-04-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Stanton
    Collins
    Sauzee
    McGinn

1. Sauzee
    2. McGinn
    3. Murphy
    4. Latapy

Promising Youngster
    Weir
    Wright
    Sauzee
    McGinn

@hibs.net private member
    Stanton
    Sauzee
    Willie Hamilton
    Latapy

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Stanton
    O'Rourke
    Gordon
    Schaedler
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Never ever out of love with Hibs. Periods where I hoped they'd be better and the occasional huff but thats as far as it goes. I'm the same with my children.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Wasn’t that the game he played sweeper? Also played sweeper against Rangers and he was excellent
    Was the game v Rangers the 3-3 draw at ER? If so, I'm sure Collins went to a 3-5-2 formation with Boozy sweeping. He was superb, and thought it looked like he'd have a future playing at the back but don't remember it being repeated for some reason. That was a great game btw, McCann & Whittaker both scored great goals and we should have won.

I realise I'm contributing to a thread hijack, but as another poster said I've never fallen out of love with Hibs - just had wee spells when I went in the cream puff!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Mickey Weir

Keith Wright

Frank Sauzee

John McGinn

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    https://youtu.be/eZQOBs3fE-o

Here’s 3 and other is Sauzee

Blackley
    Stanton
    Cropley
    Omeonga

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Spot on - you might also have mentioned the referee picking up the match ball from a podium as he leads the players out. Pass the sickbag.

Back on topic, and none of my four choices would get in my best XI - not because they weren't good but because there are better options - but they are all players I just loved watching.

John Blackley - my fav when I was a wee laddie, super cool (JB, not me )
    Keith Wright - lovely fellah, living the dream playing in the green
    John Burridge - daft as a brush, but for those stretching exercises alone gets my nod
    Ivan Sproule - landed on his feet at Hibs, and you could just tell he loved every minute

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Pat McGinlay - 100% in arguably the most influential position in the team.
    David Murphy - so much class for a left back you should bottle it.
    Sir David Gray - he made the impossible possible.
    Frank Sauzee - name a player that gave four teeth for the cause.

'S' Form
    So many to choose from over the years but ive went for
    John Collins
    Ally macloud
    Hard to single out one in particular from turnballs tornadoes but I'll go for captain fantastic...pat Stanton
    4th choice is one that surprisingly hasn't been mentioned much but for me Jackie macnamara