hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Other than the odd old firm game I can't recall the last game I watched that didn't involve Hibs so not missed football in general, hardly even been on here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not really a sports fan as such so not missing that - would watch golf or tennis or something if there was a Scots person to support.

Do miss the Saturday pint and 'matchday experience'.

Not really in the house enough to watch non-Hibs football. Between Bundesliga and Serie A I might watch 2-3 games a month so can live without.

Really missing a Sunday pint though

I miss it all , Hibs, match days with friends and family and football in general. If I wasn’t watching Hibs on a Saturday I’d be looking at going to a lower or non-league match. I even found myself watching my son playing FIFA yesterday for a while as if it was a real match.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    I miss not getting out in general and seeing my family. 20-30 minutes walk a day is not enough and when I am out I am paranoid about someone coming into contact with me.

Yes I miss Hibs but I think it will be a long time before I feel safe going into a stadium.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You miss playing 5's more than watching hibs ? Each to their own mate

Family is my priority but hibs is the 2nd most thing important thing after that
    I’m the same. Play 5s twice a week and I’m missing that a lot more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    For your sake, I hope they've also widened the Turnstyles.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Have absolutely zero interest in English football or La Liga or the Champions League so both bothered my arse about any that crap.

However I am more than missing Hibs and the whole Saturday day out at the football. Just going to need to buckle up and get used to it however cause not a chance are we going to be attending matches again this year in my opinion. Public gatherings of thousands is a pipe dream for the foreseeable future
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Of course I am missing it but the main problem for me is not knowing when it will be coming back, u know were u stand when it’s the summer break cos the fixtures are out for August etc.

One thing I haven't missed is the over the top outrage and reactions. It's actually been refreshing not hearing or reading it. This horrible situation really puts things in perspective.

I'm missing Hibs games and seeing my pals as a result but haven't really missed football otherwise.
    Season ticket renewed tho

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I’m not really missing football at all, we have 3 season tickets but I’ve not renewed yet.

I know many will say they don’t mind but in this situation I feel it will be season ticket holders who take the financial hit and will end up having paid more per game than walk up fans this season and probably next season too if this continues.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I miss Hibs related stuff as at the moment it’s like the close season without any transfer speculation..I don’t think i’ll miss anything bar the Open in terms of other sports.

It’s cool to see so many folk out walking, on their bike or what ever and doing it with their kids...And not just the tiny ones. People actually doing things rather than just watching things.

So i miss Hibs action but kinda enjoying the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I’m not really missing football at all, we have 3 season tickets but I’ve not renewed yet.

I know many will say they don’t mind but in this situation I feel it will be season ticket holders who take the financial hit and will end up having paid more per game than walk up fans this season and probably next season too if this continues.
    Well, when you consider that existing ST holders have already paid in advance for a minimum of 5 games that will probably never take place you aint kiddin'

Anyway, I've renewed today for the 20/21 season ... which I hope wont turn into the 21/22 season

You know I had already lost a level of interest by not living in Edinburgh and this whole COVID-19 has really emphasised to me how much of a hateful "industry" this now is, especially in the English Premier League. The actions of the likes of Spurs and Liverpool (who have at least realised they got it badly wrong) and the bubble these overpaid players live in is so different to how the rest of the country is reacting and having to deal with this.

Seeing Mourinho and players out doing training in a park for example, what goes through their head that this is a good idea when most people are under lockdown and losing income?

It really is morally bankrupt and this last few weeks just goes to show how far out of touch UEFA and the big clubs in England are. I feel so disconnected from it all.

On the other hand we have Hibs who have handled this with care and consideration and it gives a wee bit of hope that the club I support is one of the good guys

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Apart from Hibs games, the thing i've missed more is the golf on tv. There's only so many times you can watch the miracle of Medina.

Cant say i've missed any other football, but am missing my weekly dose of Hibs and all things that involves, even this place is quiet with nothing new to talk about.

Left by mutual consent!
    I've actually come to terms with the lack of Hibs games more easily than I thought I would. It removes a significant degree of stress from your life when you don't have to worry about us getting beat - and it's great to see so much positivity coming out of the club even in these hugely challenging times.

Obviously we need to focus on ensuring we still have a club to support when (hopefully not if) we are finally able to go to games again, but at present I must admit that the relegation of Hearts is something I don't mind savouring for a good while yet. There will be something additonally satisfying about them taking the drop then being utterly impotent when it comes to doing anything about it from a playing point of view. A few months of yam wailing and gnashing of teeth as they sit in relegation limbo will be a pleasurable backdrop to lockdown.