hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess the game

Guess the game

Can be hibs related or not. You need to describe a goal without letting on what game and final score it was and the person who guesses right then has their own go. Ill start with a fairly easy one:

O'Connor just knocked one down for Sproule to run onto and hammer home to put us 2 up. Whats the game and final score?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    3-0 v rangers at Ibrox in Scottish Cup 2006

This would be better without names: diminutive midfielder makes jinking run towards box, plays 1-2 with hefty centre forward, the return is flicked up in the air and he runs onto to it and crashes a volley from 12 yards giving the keeper no chance.

A long Diagonal ball, 1st touch right foot, 2nd touch right foot, fired into the top corner with the outside of the right foot. One of the great World Cup goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A long Diagonal ball, 1st touch right foot, 2nd touch right foot, fired into the top corner with the outside of the right foot. One of the great World Cup goals.
    Bergkamp v Argentina in Marseille (perfectly described btw ... if I'm right ) Forgot final score 2-1 Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Can be hibs related or not. You need to describe a goal without letting on what game and final score it was and the person who guesses right then has their own go. Ill start with a fairly easy one:

O'Connor just knocked one down for Sproule to run onto and hammer home to put us 2 up. Whats the game and final score?
    Hibs v Celtic, Easter Road. Final score was 2-2, they equalised with a few minutes remaining...was bitter sweet as meant I won a decent bit of money (my mate and I pooled our bets at the time, wasn’t mine) few hundred quid, still felt sick for a couple hrs after though!

Am I right?! 😂💚

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This would be better without names: diminutive midfielder makes jinking run towards box, plays 1-2 with hefty centre forward, the return is flicked up in the air and he runs onto to it and crashes a volley from 12 yards giving the keeper no chance.
    Easy!

Bergkamp v Argentina in Marseille (perfectly described btw ... if I'm right ) Forgot final score 2-1 Netherlands.
    Spot on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Easy!
    It was a bit.

Ok, try this. Teen starlet bursts between 2 defenders and is sandwiched, just outside the box. His momentum takes him into the penalty area and to the amazement of the knot of travelling away fans and fury of the apoplectic hordes surrounding them, the ref gives a pen. Cool as a cucumber striker dispatches the spot kick before making imaginary call to celebrate.

It was a bit.

Ok, try this. Teen starlet bursts between 2 defenders and is sandwiched, just outside the box. His momentum takes him into the penalty area and to the amazement of the knot of travelling away fans and fury of the apoplectic hordes surrounding them, the ref gives a pen. Cool as a cucumber striker dispatches the spot kick before making imaginary call to celebrate.
    1995 - I won't say any more - the "imaginary call" gives it away.

@hibs.net private member
    We get a free kick outside the box, striker puts it in the top left hand corner, the ref orders the free kick to be re-taken striker puts it in the top right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    We get a free kick outside the box, striker puts it in the top left hand corner, the ref orders the free kick to be re-taken striker puts it in the top right hand corner.
    Top right then bottom left IIRC

Ally.mcleod. V Dundee

Away game at a ground that we haven't had much success at for a good few years. We have been tremendous but score is still 0-0, and the Hibs fans can't believe we are not winning. Then, last minute our right full back scores a wonder goal volley from just outside the box.

Ensy wendsy clue is game was late 80's or very early 90's

No one's getting this 😀
    Last edited by BS44; 22-04-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Away game at a ground that we haven't had much success at for a good few years. We have been tremendous but score is still 0-0, and the Hibs fans can't believe we are not winning. Then, last minute our right full back scores a wonder goal volley from just outside the box.

Ensy wendsy clue is game was late 80's or very early 90's

No one's getting this 😀
    Willie Miller og at Tannadice 🤔

Goal kick is hit long, defence back off as a unit, lone striker takes a touch and spins, takes another touch then hits it left footed, keeper gets a hand to it and maybe should do better, away fans (and an entire country) don't give that fact a single thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Willie Miller og at Tannadice 🤔
    You bloody rascal Cod Boy! Spot on, mate!

Goal kick is hit long, defence back off as a unit, lone striker takes a touch and spins, takes another touch then hits it left footed, keeper gets a hand to it and maybe should do better, away fans (and an entire country) don't give that fact a single thought.
    James McFadden away to France 1.0 🤔

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    And a Scotsman in a London hotel room goes mental.

You bloody rascal Cod Boy! Spot on, mate!
    😂 I remember being at the game on the steep terracing

@hibs.net private member
    Goal keeper, I believe on league debut, boots the ball up field, opponents keeper miss judges the bounce of the ball it goes over him and rolls into the net

😂 I remember being at the game on the steep terracing
    Be surprised if a Hibs fan could come up with a better OG than Miller scored that day

I can distinctly remember Goram looking at him as if to say how the f u c k did you manage that 😀

Sunny when we went one nil ahead, snowing at the equaliser.

And then, long kick forward from goalie and a loose ball, we pick it up and one pass backward, inside one, inside two, inside three and in it goes. One of the biggest roars I've heard at ER when we score

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Be surprised if a Hibs fan could come up with a better OG than Miller scored that day

I can distinctly remember Goram looking at him as if to say how the f u c k did you manage that 😀
    Arthur Duncan in the second SC cup final replay v the huns.

Sunny when we went one nil ahead, snowing at the equaliser.

And then, long kick forward from goalie and a loose ball, we pick it up and one pass backward, inside one, inside two, inside three and in it goes. One of the biggest roars I've heard at ER when we score
    Barry Lavety 2.1 v hearts 1998 ish 🤔

Left by mutual consent!
    Lovely sunny day:

A long diagonal ball by the left back catches out the opposition’s centre back and our forward has the legs to get in behind him and lob the oncoming goalkeeper to put the Hibees ahead starting scenes of pandemonium in the away end.....

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Lovely sunny day:

A long diagonal ball by the left back catches out the opposition’s centre back and our forward has the legs to get in behind him and lob the oncoming goalkeeper to put the Hibees ahead starting scenes of pandemonium in the away end.....
    Ivan Sproule first of hat trick at ibrox 🤔

Left by mutual consent!
    Ivan Sproule first of hat trick at ibrox 🤔
    👍

Barry Lavety 2.1 v hearts 1998 ish 🤔
    Kevin Harper got the winner in that game. It was snowing when fat Robbo’s free kick went in though. Just before we got relegated, they won the cup and my first son was born. A rollercoaster time.

Goal keeper, I believe on league debut, boots the ball up field, opponents keeper miss judges the bounce of the ball it goes over him and rolls into the net
    Goram or Goram. Definitely one of the 2 of them.