hibs.net Messageboard

Jack Ross interview

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...471222280?s=21

Probably already posted but I can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for posting

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Good interview speaks well. Didn't realise SDG was on PFA management committee.

Hugely articulate, thought out responses. Oozes class. Compliments our club very well. Been a long time since I've liked a manager as much.
    Last edited by Since452; 06-04-2020 at 07:50 AM.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    He simply comes across as a very assured and competent person. Very happy to have him at the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Top man. Always comes across very well. Delighted he’s the manager of our football club. Stay healthy, Jack.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Classy classy guy
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    A real class act. Great interview

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I will reserve judgement. I thought Hecky would come good and I also thought Butcher was a good appointment when we got him!! Ah **** it, I like him and think he will be a very good Hibs manager. Hopefully around for a long time. Apologies for the kiss of death Jack.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will reserve judgement. I thought Hecky would come good and I also thought Butcher was a good appointment when we got him!! Ah **** it, I like him and think he will be a very good Hibs manager. Hopefully around for a long time. Apologies for the kiss of death Jack.
    Nah, he’s our McInness. Finally we got the timing right with a manager there at the right time. He will be here for years.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Nah, he’s our McInness. Finally we got the timing right with a manager there at the right time. He will be here for years.
    Curious (and serious q) How do you reckon other than gut feel?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Curious (and serious q) How do you reckon other than gut feel?
    I think he done a tremendous job before Sunderland and I also think with his fingers being burnt there he’s the type to learn a lot from that and it will help him in the future and he is less likely to jump ship - just like McInnes after Bristol City.

I think he done a tremendous job before Sunderland and I also think with his fingers being burnt there he’s the type to learn a lot from that and it will help him in the future and he is less likely to jump ship - just like McInnes after Bristol City.
    You can't overlook McWinless £10k per week salary as well though. It would need to be a pretty spectacular job to beat that. As well as the fact that he is in the cushiest job in Scotland and very seldom gets any stick from the sheep fans or the media

You can't overlook McWinless £10k per week salary as well though. It would need to be a pretty spectacular job to beat that. As well as the fact that he is in the cushiest job in Scotland and very seldom gets any stick from the sheep fans or the media
    I don't know about that. A lot of Aberdeen fans have been calling for his head this season. Ideas way above their station that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't know about that. A lot of Aberdeen fans have been calling for his head this season. Ideas way above their station that lot.
    Yeah, I know but that is very much the exception at the moment. He has had a very easy ride in that job

The McWinless chat is a bit crap. He’s won a league cup with them and been consistently top 3 since he got the job including three 2nd place finishes. That makes him more successful than any Hibs manager I’ve watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The McWinless chat is a bit crap. He’s won a league cup with them and been consistently top 3 since he got the job including three 2nd place finishes. That makes him more successful than any Hibs manager I’ve watched.

It's not crap. For three of those seasons there were no huns or Hibs and for one of them no hearts either. 2nd should have been the minimum. I don't think he has done anything special and as I say he gets a very easy ride from the press in particular

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I think JR is a smart guy. He knows Hibs are a great fit for him and vice versa. He is also smart and ambitious and he will move when his stock is high after a good job at ER to the right opportunity. McInnes blew that a couple of seasons ago. They had a trophy win followed by runner up to Celtic in the league and runner up in the cup to Celtic the same season. It was never going to get any better than that. I’m sure he could have gone to rangers and didn’t.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Also been to a few finals. The style of football his team plays is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I think JR is a smart guy. He knows Hibs are a great fit for him and vice versa. He is also smart and ambitious and he will move when his stock is high after a good job at ER to the right opportunity. McInnes blew that a couple of seasons ago. They had a trophy win followed by runner up to Celtic in the league and runner up in the cup to Celtic the same season. It was never going to get any better than that. I’m sure he could have gone to rangers and didn’t.
    Aye he had to move two or three years ago. I think he’s qualified for Europe in every season he’s been there, which takes a bit of doing. But everybody wants a wee bit of style these days and His style must count against him when other teams are looking for a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Turned down Sunderland too ironically

It's not crap. For three of those seasons there were no huns or Hibs and for one of them no hearts either. 2nd should have been the minimum. I don't think he has done anything special and as I say he gets a very easy ride from the press in particular
    He gets an easy ride because his team have been constantly in the top 3. What is there to give him a hard time about?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I’m now alarmed. Your track record is honking.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Must just be me then.

JR has improved us without question. It would've been some job to make us worse but his interviews are verbal chloroform. He says nothing or anything he does say takes a thousand words to say in monotone.

I assume he's far more motivational in the dressing room.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Must just be me then.

JR has improved us without question. It would've been some job to make us worse but his interviews are verbal chloroform. He says nothing or anything he does say takes a thousand words to say in monotone.

His interviews give nothing away but usually hit the right tone. He makes himself available to the media and helps Hibs’ profile but never puts his foot in it.

That’ll do for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Jacks got potential to be a top manager for us. Hope he is like DM in terms of consistently challenging for European football. But not like DM in the way he ****s it against the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Must just be me then.

JR has improved us without question. It would've been some job to make us worse
    but his interviews are verbal chloroform. He says nothing or anything he does say takes a thousand words to say in monotone.

I agree with this BUT that derby performance was a real concern it was pitiful against a poor Hearts team low on confidence and we just shhat it. JR must take some responsibility.