hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They played one season in the EOS league and associated competitions, but further back we had Colts teams competing at that level for decades.
    Relegation put paid to that recent stint in 13/14 though, you are right. The games I went to however, Hibs looked miles ahead of their opponents to the extent they were getting booted off the park. I’d love to see a 2nd XI Hibs side compete in the lower SPFL divisions, unless I’m seen to be agreeing with the Hun, in which case it’s a ****ing awful idea.
    The problem I see, is too many colts teams would push out other clubs unless they make the leagues bigger and its only the lowest placed colt teams that can be relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem I see, is too many colts teams would push out other clubs unless they make the leagues bigger and its only the lowest placed colt teams that can be relegated.
    That is the solution. Putting the current 42 into 3 x 14 , and increasing size of both current Tier 5 feeder leagues to say 20 each would allow 6/7 colts teams who could theoretically start at a new Tier 4 ( Gordon Smiths idea- Highland league becomes Northern league, Lowland league becomes Southern league). OR immediately increase clubs to 3 x 16, allowing 6 colts clubs in Tier 3 potentially. If done in tandem with option 1 above you could have anything from 2-12 colts teams throughout pyramid. I would caveat it though and have a ‘ colts league within a league ‘ Colts teams cannot rise above Championship level; max no of colts teams in Tier 2 is 4, Tier 3 is 4, Tier 4 is 4, Tier 5 is 4. Colts teams are promoted/ relegated on that basis