hibs.net Messageboard

Post Virus Dreams

What are you looking forward to doing when all this business is over?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The return of normal routines. Saturday's consisting of a couple of afternoon pints, watch Hibs putting some team to the sword at ER, then off out for dinner after the game.
    Mon the Hibs.

Going to work. Daft as it sounds but you appreciate a weekend so much more when you have earned it.

Also going to the pub or for a meal. I don't do either all that often but I like the option of doing so.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you looking forward to doing when all this business is over?
    As I'm trapped in the UK I'm looking forward to seeing my wife and friends and lying on the beach in the blazing heat.

Going for a swim after work which I usually do 3 times a week, going to the football, having a normal routine.

These past two weeks have felt like the week in between Christmas and New Year when you eat and drink what you want, go to bed when you want and no one knows what day of the week it is. I'm usually very happy to see that period end after a few days so the prospect of this lasting another couple of months doesn't appeal to me.

I don't eat out or go to the cinema very often but I will make a point of doing those things more often when this is finished as it's something that I have taken for granted.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Being able to see every one of my family and friends meaning they have all survived.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Being able to see every one of my family and friends meaning they have all survived.
    I echo that mate!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Pretty straight forward for me as I'm still working so nothing has changed on that front which makes it all a bit surreal. Anyway, football and getting back out fishing at a remote beach or rock mark, well away from people as strange as this sounds.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Seeing all of the family I’ve taken for granted being able to see so freely and hugging them all tightly.

Handing my daughter over to the grandparents so they can hug and spend time together.

Getting into a new routine (as I don’t see my life returning to M-F, 9-5 after this: working from home allows a lot of positive change for me).

Getting back out to California again for a spell with work (assuming their entire society doesn’t implode).

Visiting Edinburgh and London again: two of my favourite cities that I dearly miss spending time in.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Walking down to the high street, getting a coffee and a sausage roll from the local bakers and having a wander around the charity shops.

It's something I often do if I'm on a day off and bored and it's a nice thing to do.

Also looking forward to travelling to see family, having a takeaway and making the most of that.

I get the feeling that all the little things, for a short period of time, are going to feel fantastic but life will move by very quickly indeed.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Bits of all of the above.
    Work wont be the same - i think many companies will approach home working with a different view now.
    I'm looking forward to visiting the MiL and doing odd jobs for her.
    Watching the wee man back at football training/games and swimming

And sadly a mcdonalds breakfast meal. The idea of it is always better than the actual thing.
    Not looking forward to the daily commute.

I want a week in the sun in Spain or Portugal, walking along a beach for miles at the water's edge.

We have started keeping a note of all the things we say we wish we could do. We write them down stick them in a jar and when this is all over we plan to pick one out every time we need something to do until the jar is empty.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The party we’ll be having.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not having to be like a hawkeye when out buying food etc making sure people are keeping the two metre distance. I honestly think some don't know what two metres are and instead think its two feet.

Apart from that, going on holiday to my caravan for at least a fortnight that is near the beach with the park itself having all the amenities with normally excellent weekend entertaiment on. Bliss.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Just hoping my 11 year old who is considered to be vulnerable to complications comes out of this unscathed. Looking forward to taking my new puppy to the seaside.

@hibs.net private member
    Desperate to see my oldest who is in a student room in Aberdeen.

My youngests 18th is this week and I wont be able to see him other than through the window or by video message. We will celebrate big style when we can.

Most of all I'm.looking forward to being in groups of people again, I miss being in a crowded pub or even on a busy bus. I miss human contact, I hate the look of fear or anger on peoples faces just now when I'm out walking. I want a big hug

Sounds harsh but a break from the kids. I'm WFH so logged in from six and that's it until at least 8pm with the kids. Told my wife she was lucky to get out to go to work🤣

Im planning on doing a 2 year working holiday visa in Australia. Totally out of my comfort zone. Very nervous for it, but mostly excited!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Got a wee one arriving at the end of August, so simple things like being able to go out for a walk to the park, beach, etc - bring able to visit my Mum & Dad with the baby, first holidays.

Just go out and spend time with close friends. And go back to work.

Almost everything above except returning to office. I'd continue WFH until I hand my notice in if I could... in fact I might still manage that.

Albeit I am grateful to be in a job and able to WFH in these desperate times

I feel like I am ready to retire.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I feel like I am ready to retire.
    Me too, but I can’t

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Me too, but I can’t
    Sadly neither can I yet, the wife is retired and this time together is fantastic.