hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT

2. Log in to remove the advert

Club have handled the situation as well as they could have, anther clear communication (I can't bring myself to write statement) without any BS.

Everyone at the club has pulled together, great sign.

Well communicated.

Best wishes to all involved.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Sounds like Hibs have been working hard behind the scenes over the last few weeks, identifying what staff can be furloughed without affecting the core running of our club.
    Also good to see that amicable arrangements have been made with the playing staff and that any agreed deferral appears to be confidential to the individuals concerned and no veiled threats made should they not accept.
    It's neither nice nor professional to wash your dirty laundry in public,,,,

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I agree that the club have handled the situation very well, and you'd imagine the employees of the club will feel better for it.

All clubs are going to be finding things difficult so to be on the front foot, finding a solution with the staff, and to act so professionally, I is commendable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Looks like we have handled this as well as anyone could have expected. It's been done behind closed doors with information released on a need to know basis and it looks like there has been as positive an outcome as there can be in such circumstances.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Promising Youngster
    Very well handled. No panic. With the return of football for next season this will look like excellent crisis management

Left by mutual consent!
    Well played Hibernian - I didn’t expect anything less.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Handled very well by the club and of course the individual details are confidential as are any details surrounding salaries despite people claiming otherwise on message boards. Well done Hibs.

Based on everything I’ve seen and heard from the club on this to date, it reassures me that we will come through this situation in a much better shape than most of our peers.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    As good as it can be in the circumstances, good do see the club working in a caring and collaborative way with everyone affected.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Brilliant statement.
    Whole situation has been handled sensitively and communicated professionally.
    Hibs class!!

Well done to all concerned. Nice to see how a professional operation handles such matters.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not sure if I’ve read the statement correctly but it appears staff are getting furloughed but the players are deferring a portion of their salary. Does this mean staff will only get 80% of their salary up to £2500 but players and coaches take cuts but get it all back later date?

On reading it again it appears the furlough staff will get their 20% back at a later date.

So, just how does deferral work along with the furloughing process?

The government picks up £2,500 a month of a now reduced salary? Does that mean the club are still doing some considerable topping up through this crisis?

The money that gets repaid later will be the percentage that is currently cut if that is the case...

What a contrast to Hearts. They need to work on their PR.

@hibs.net private member
    The club has acted impeccably imo since this crisis has evolved. I feel reassured we're in good, safe hands.
    Well done to the decision makers at the club and all the best to the players and all the backroom staff.

Hibs have handled this well. Seems like there were no complaints from any staff or players about it either so well done to them. I know footballers get more than most of us but if they earn say £2000 a week, they live their life at £2000 a week so its maybe not as easy as usually made out.

Lets hope we can get through this and get back to a sold out Easter Road to welcome the club back.

Sorry, I'm afraid I really don't understand the current scheme so can someone clarify please?

Does this mean Hibs staff are being paid 20-50 percent less and that this will be made up by the club once 'all this has died down and we are back to normal'? Or does it mean the government are now covering salaries?
    TIA

Well done the Hibernian board and staff

Sky telling us it’s due to ‘financial difficulties’

Handled perfectly. 👏

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I'm afraid I really don't understand the current scheme so can someone clarify please?

Does this mean Hibs staff are being paid 20-50 percent less and that this will be made up by the club once 'all this has died down and we are back to normal'? Or does it mean the government are now covering salaries?
    TIA
    I'm making a few assumptions but I took it to mean that the employees being furloughed will get 80%, paid by the government, with Hibs making up the difference later. Any employee continuing to work has agreed to have between 20% and 50% deferred, which again will be made up later.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Also like to say a big thank you to the club and players who have spent time phoning the seniors amongst our support.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Think they got the wrong Edinburgh club 😳

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    To be fair, that's not necessarily wrong.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm making a few assumptions but I took it to mean that the employees being furloughed will get 80%, paid by the government, with Hibs making up the difference later. Any employee continuing to work has agreed to have between 20% and 50% deferred, which again will be made up later.
    So, if a player is on £2K a week and agrees a 50% cut (to make the arithmetic simple), he's temporarily on £4K a month, with the government covering £2.5K - that leaves the club to find the remaining £1.5K during this shutdown.
    Said player will then receive the missing £4k a month at a later date once this is all over. The players still get paid in full.
    Is that what's going on?
    Ross County mention topping up furloughed salaries, but our statement doesn't.

That's not entirely inaccurate. Any business with no cash coming in is in financially difficulty to some extent. Cash flow is the lifeblood of any business.

We are probably in a better position that most to manage it but every club will be seeking as quick a resolution as possible.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    So, if a player is on £2K a week and agrees a 50% cut (to make the arithmetic simple), he's temporarily on £4K a month, with the government covering £2.5K - that leaves the club to find the remaining £1.5K during this shutdown.
    Said player will then receive the missing £4k a month at a later date once this is all over. The players still get paid in full.
    Is that what's going on?
    Ross County mention topping up furloughed salaries, but our statement doesn't.
    No it’s not what’s going on.The government (tax payer)80% only applies to those furloughed.The club gets nothing towards deferred salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No it’s not what’s going on.The government (tax payer)80% only applies to those furloughed.The club gets nothing towards deferred salaries.
    I'm pretty sure the players are deferring AND being furloughed - but the statement isn't crystal clear. It just says the "majority of our people" in terms of the furlough process.

How do you reckon the arithmetic works out if that isn't the case? Players taking a temporary cut and the club meeting ALL of the remainder throughout this period? That's still a hefty bill with next to no income.

* The BBC story has been updated to say "all first team squad" on furlough - so they've probably phoned up to get that clarified.
    Last edited by number9dream; 03-04-2020 at 03:13 PM.