hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

BBC Old Highlights

Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.

Left by mutual consent!
    No great surprise, the BBC is very much the 'Establishment's national media-tool !. Think it's still to mention the muppets leaked e-mail ??
    Last edited by Deansy; 01-04-2020 at 03:54 PM.

TBF a lot of clubs have had their best days against us

Totally

Up next, best 100m, Ben Johnson in Seoul followed by best cycling, Lance's 7th tour.

watch that sunshine on hibs vid on the other thread - makes it seem like we've won every derby, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.
    Disgraceful. Bbc jambo at it again.

And now today there is a link to the Hamilton play-off highlights within their Today's Gossip column. Two barrels. What the f.....

Seen a recent Tom English article covering “Neil Lennon’s 10 years in management” where Hibs didn’t get a single mention! 😳

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Seen a recent Tom English article covering “Neil Lennon’s 10 years in management” where Hibs didn’t get a single mention! 😳
    Yeah, I was pretty pissed off with that as well. He has been a manager for 10 years and 2 of them with Hibs but English didn't think that merited a mention. He is a blustering arse who is like the pub bore who talks loudly so that it makes him sound line he knows everything. I'm a huge rugby fan as well and he talks as much ***** about rugby as he does about football

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty pissed off with that as well. He has been a manager for 10 years and 2 of them with Hibs but English didn't think that merited a mention. He is a blustering arse who is like the pub bore who talks loudly so that it makes him sound line he knows everything. I'm a huge rugby fan as well and he talks as much ***** about rugby as he does about football

Spot on. In particular it’s obvious he know SFA about rugby. Spouts cliches and bull**** about the Scotland team. Still being Irish myself the silver lining for me is I don’t have to listen to his clueless nonsense about the Ireland team :)
    His sucking up to Budge and the yams is pathetic but overall his anti journalism fits right in at the BBC unfortunately - whose recent treatment of Michael Stewart sums them up perfectly.

Yep. For a quarter of those 10 years he was Hibs manager with loads of memorable moments and talking points - good and bad. English seems to hold a grudge against us for some reason.

Left by mutual consent!
    You're not wrong about the bias of whoever's in charge of this. The latest 'from the archives' is Bogdan being beaten by a shot from inside the opposition half.

Have Hibs actually featured positively in any of these clips or highlights since BBC Scotland starting putting them up?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    You're not wrong about the bias of whoever's in charge of this. The latest 'from the archives' is Bogdan being beaten by a shot from inside the opposition half.

Have Hibs actually featured positively in any of these clips or highlights since BBC Scotland starting putting them up?
    I've seen one goal for us, and that's it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

Sir David's header did feature quite early on in this shutdown (see link below)... But I think that's it. They're all a bit random, not 'on this day' or anything. Just plucking bits and bobs from their library and it's mostly recent stuff, which is probably easier to access.

They'll be trying to find a team by team balance - it just so happens the Aberdeen, Hamilton and St Mirren goals are all against us!

As for kicking off the cup "classics" with 2012, well that's just plain wrong on so many levels. Very suspect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51994860

The BBC could surely delve a little further back into their archives? Just plucking a season at random, but I hear there was quite an exciting end to 1985-86, for instance.

Apparently one of the top TV guys at BBC Scotland Sport is a Hearts fan. He commissioned that Terrace rubbish that has load of Hearts fans on it. David somebody is his name. Hearts galore on that channel.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    Apparently one of the top TV guys at BBC Scotland Sport is a Hearts fan. He commissioned that Terrace rubbish that has load of Hearts fans on it. David somebody is his name. Hearts galore on that channel.
    Certainly explains a lot of things including sportsound which again seems less than impartial towards them.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Just watched the 2012 final again, jesus that was grim viewing.
    At least 2 deflected goals, and a pen that the initial contact was outside the box.
    Clutching at straws I know, but it should never have been such a thumping.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    At least 2 deflected goals, and a pen that the initial contact was outside the box.
    I know these are weird, difficult, times but... why would you???!!??

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post

Erased from my memory bank

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    I know...day9 of isolation and you do silly things...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

I've never intentionally watched any footage from that game since leaving the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I've never intentionally watched any footage from that game since leaving the stadium.
    I was on holiday in the States and was gutted to be missing the final in the build up.

To this day I have never seen a second of any footage, and can’t see that changing ever.

So in my world, it never actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    I was on holiday in the States and was gutted to be missing the final in the build up.

To this day I have never seen a second of any footage, and can’t see that changing ever.

So in my world, it never actually happened.
    Ignorance is bliss, trust me.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Same here, I stayed to the end and hope never to see that again.....

Getting a goal back just before half time gave us some hope but the penalty and sending off one minute into the second half killed the game and we just couldn’t find a way back from there
    second half was painful and referee completely ruined it as we all know

Very impressive.
    The game doesn't upset me but I leave it well alone.
    The mere mention of Kujabi is enough to set me off though.
    He is my go to blame guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Very impressive.
    The game doesn't upset me but I leave it well alone.
    The mere mention of Kujabi is enough to set me off though.
    He is my go to blame guy.
    Just been working with a Jambo who I’ve just met
    Banging on about the slaughter and how it should have been 10
    I was screaming for ten he said
    I agree I said it should have been 10. Black should have walked

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Noticed that too. No thanks to any of those games. Either a Jumbo or a Hun.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk