https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEkSTKe3_c

I've not seen these highlights before so thought I'd share

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEkSTKe3_c

I've not seen these highlights before so thought I'd share
    Smashing! 🇳🇬

Loads of Hibs fans arrived late for this one after something had happened on the M8

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    My first visit to ayebroke. Was a great night.

Square goalposts
    Dodgy haircuts
    Bobby Williamson
    Fantastic Hibs strip
    And Hibs getting a result against the hun whilst Brian Mcginlay was referee

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Remember it well - mainly as a bit of a backs-to-the-wall pounding. But we held out.

Well beaten in final by Ferguson's pretty much unstoppable Aberdeen side.

@hibs.net private member
    What a night that was. Our bus got pelted on the way back east by disconsolate Huns

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Stevie Cowan decides to duck out of the way of the ball in the wall for Coopers rasping freekick

Well got to have a moan about something even though we won

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Smashing!

Loads of Hibs fans arrived late for this one after something had happened on the M8
    Roadworks I think. We got in about a minute before Cooper's free kick.

Great night though - I've never enjoyed a loss so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Smashing! 🇳🇬

I got in just as they scored

I was there but my memory is shot i thought Cooper scored in the second half must be confusing that with his free kick for Scotland against Australia I was there too

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    This I'd seen missed the first leg as I was getting my appendix out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    What a night that was. Our bus got pelted on the way back east by disconsolate Huns
    Remember that pelting well. Our bus had to go back into Glasgow to be changed. A half brick came through the front window and landed in the seat beside me. Great result though 😁

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I remember listening to the game on the wireless. It was as nerve wrecking as being there. Had been to all the games beforehand. Hibs had been shocking, had lost all our first 6 league games, but somehow managed to win our midweek league cup games including an amazing 4-4 quarter final against Celtc and got to the league cup final after beating the Huns 2-0 at home. Pity Aberdeen, under Ferguson were a top team at the time and the Final was over within the first 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    I remember listening to the game on the wireless. It was as nerve wrecking as being there. Had been to all the games beforehand. Hibs had been shocking, had lost all our first 6 league games, but somehow managed to win our midweek league cup games including an amazing 4-4 quarter final against Celtc and got to the league cup final after beating the Huns 2-0 at home. Pity Aberdeen, under Ferguson were a top team at the time and the Final was over within the first 15 minutes.
    We'd beaten Cowdenbeath 6-0 and Motherwell 6-1 before the 4-4 draw with Celtic. To sum up the difference between our Wednesday & Saturday games, I'm sure Celtic hammered us 5-0 at ER on the Saturday after we'd knocked them out on penalties!

I made it to Ibrox in plenty time as went through with my dad and a couple of his mates in a car. Parked in the city centre and got a taxi to Govan. What an atmosphere in the Broomloan Stand that night!

@hibs.net private member

I was there and we were stuck in the stairwell after full time trying to get out. Was there for at least half an hour singing and jumping about and the best atmosphere at game end especially after a defeat on the night. We went f...ing mental.

Same for me 👍
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    My one and only visit there, as said, roadworks held up most of us coming through and I hadn’t even reached my seat when Cooper scored the only goal

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I was there and we were stuck in the stairwell after full time trying to get out. Was there for at least half an hour singing and jumping about and the best atmosphere at game end especially after a defeat on the night. We went f...ing mental.
    Aye, it was a slow exit but I was in no hurry - "We're gonnae win the cup" all the way down the stairs, absolute racket!

Unfortunately, as AFKA5814 said in his post, we met a Dons side in the final still at the peak of their powers under Fergie and they were just too strong for us. In fact, it says a lot for Hearts and Celtic that they finished above Aberdeen in the league that season. Dundee Utd were still going strong too, some quality in the premier league at that time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Remember it well. Great night. Pretty sure big Gordon missed the final due to the yellow he picked up. McGinlay gave Rangers so many soft free kicks in the second half but we battled well and deserved to go through. Final had a brilliant Hibs support but we got blown away by an excellent Aberdeen side. Hibs fans supported the team brilliantly in the final.

Just sat down when Cooper scored the free kick. The week before I had been away with Scotland in Wales where he scored the vital late penalty.

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    I was at Glasgow Uni,after the game waiting on the underground with a load of huns to go back to my flat in Hillhead,when there must have been about 200 hibs casuals appear from nowhere...pandemonium!

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Is there any highlights of the first leg at Easter Road?

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    We'd beaten Cowdenbeath 6-0 and Motherwell 6-1 before the 4-4 draw with Celtic. To sum up the difference between our Wednesday & Saturday games, I'm sure Celtic hammered us 5-0 at ER on the Saturday after we'd knocked them out on penalties!

I made it to Ibrox in plenty time as went through with my dad and a couple of his mates in a car. Parked in the city centre and got a taxi to Govan. What an atmosphere in the Broomloan Stand that night!

We went through in cars too. Left Edinburgh early as on of the guys had heard about possible big delays. We were there for kick off. It was great watching the stand fill up all through 1st half don't think the Huns could believe it. Was brilliant at the end.
    Last edited by One Day; 13-04-2020 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Is there any highlights of the first leg at Easter Road?
    I don't think it was televised - neither was the classic QF v Celtic. Seems ridiculous now but just wasn't the same coverage back then.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I don't think it was televised - neither was the classic QF v Celtic. Seems ridiculous now but just wasn't the same coverage back then.
    I seem to remember the first leg we were all crammed into the Cowshed because they must have been putting the new roof on the East. Hibs were great in that first game at ER, but the second leg was as back-to-the-walls performance as you will ever see. The Cooper free-kick put us under serious pressure, but we stood firm and recorded a famous victory in front of what must have been one of our biggest ever away followings at Ibrox.

The roadworks were a nightmare, but our bold/crazy driver just battered through the cones and flew up the empty lane of the M8 to a chorus of the theme from the A-Team... he must have been a Hibbie desperate to get to the game on time.

Just a pity Aberdeen were so annoyingly good in the final.. and we were pretty sh*te!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    I seem to remember the first leg we were all crammed into the Cowshed because they must have been putting the new roof on the East. Hibs were great in that first game at ER, but the second leg was as back-to-the-walls performance as you will ever see. The Cooper free-kick put us under serious pressure, but we stood firm and recorded a famous victory in front of what must have been one of our biggest ever away followings at Ibrox.

The roadworks were a nightmare, but our bold/crazy driver just battered through the cones and flew up the empty lane of the M8 to a chorus of the theme from the A-Team... he must have been a Hibbie desperate to get to the game on time.

Just a pity Aberdeen were so annoyingly good in the final.. and we were pretty sh*te!
    Vaguely remember we played Aberdeen in the league a few weeks before the final and Durie had a brilliant game. Unfortunately for the final think they played Neil Cooper as a sweeper to negate that and it worked though in saying that they ripped us apart early doors. Gordon Rae was a big miss in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post

Aye mate, think the only part of the terracing open for the Huns gemme (and the QF v Celtic) was the wee bit up in the corner just as you got to the top of the steps? We were in the cowshed though, fantastic atmosphere and 2 great heiders fae Durie and big Chis to win it!

Blog Entries
    An unreal season. Can you imagine Celtc scoring 7 goals in 2 games at ER & losing them both! I was working in Dublin for the Celtc 4-4 game, I enjoyed that one & i was in Khartoum, Sudan for both semi games. Couldn't get result until next day on a scratchy BBC world service. Maybe as well, nerves would have been shredded & no alcohol to help! My only memory of the final is Jim Leighton denying Kano a consolation goal with a superb save in the final minutes. I think our rivals had a great season though I'm a bit vague on the details! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    An unreal season. Can you imagine Celtc scoring 7 goals in 2 games at ER & losing them both! I was working in Dublin for the Celtc 4-4 game, I enjoyed that one & i was in Khartoum, Sudan for both semi games. Couldn't get result until next day on a scratchy BBC world service. Maybe as well, nerves would have been shredded & no alcohol to help! My only memory of the final is Jim Leighton denying Kano a consolation goal with a superb save in the final minutes. I think our rivals had a great season though I'm a bit vague on the details! 😁
    I was going to matches with my pals at that time but on the rare occasions my dad decided to go I'd often accompany him. For the final, we went on a bus from the old Tartan Club at Fountainbridge. I was so nervous I made myself ill, and didn't recover all day. Being the dutiful father, ma auld man stuck me in a taxi when we got back to Embra then carried on drinking in the Tartan Club 😁

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Gordon Durie, what a player he was for Hibs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk