hibs.net Messageboard

Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2779
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not football related, but on this day 700 years ago the Declaration of Arbroath was signed....
    Was that when they beat Bon Accord 36-0?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Some memory, Brian.

The crowd was indeed a record for the ground.
    10th Feb. 1965

Its always easy to assume that the Glasgow two would be involved in other clubs highest attendances.

Almondvale saw its highest attendance when we played Livingston a few days after the AEK Athens game.
    9000 plus.Nearer 10.000 iirc
    Not sure if it has been bettered or equalled since.
    My grandsons first away game and we got beat !
    Mick IIRC our attendance at Livi for the game you mention above was either 10,008 or 10,016. I remember thinking that as the official capacity was 10,000 we would never lose that record. A few weeks later Rangers were there & crowd was shown as 10,024!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Mick IIRC our attendance at Livi for the game you mention above was either 10,008 or 10,016. I remember thinking that as the official capacity was 10,000 we would never lose that record. A few weeks later Rangers were there & crowd was shown as 10,024!!
    Here's another quiz question. On the Saturday following the AEK home game I went to Perth to watch St Johnstone play Motherwell. One of the subs that day became a manager and won the FA Cup in that role. He remains a manager. Name him.

Here's another quiz question. On the Saturday following the AEK home game I went to Perth to watch St Johnstone play Motherwell. One of the subs that day became a manager and won the FA Cup in that role. He remains a manager. Name him.
    Roberto Martinez?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    16/2/2020 Scottish League Premiership

Kilmarnock 1 v 2 Hibernian

Docherty 28
    Jackson 45

https://youtu.be/zPz0J14Cx8s

Greg Docherty curled in a beauty for the opener when the chance looked to have beeen lost.
    Chris Burke stooped to head home the equaliser on the half hour. Adam Jackson got a fortuitous break of the ball in the box following a free-kick to fire HIBS ahead just before the break

HIBS Rocky McGinn Jackson Hanlon Boyle Slivka Docherty Newall Allan Doidge and McNulty

Subs Stevenson Omeonga Horgan

Att 5370

16/2/2019 Scottish League Premiership

Hibernian 2 v 0 Hamilton Academicals

Kamberi 17
    McNulty pen 39

https://youtu.be/dYKLgpnF9N4

Goals by Kamberi and McNulty gave Paul Heckingbottom a winning start to his HIBS managerial career

Kamberi claimed a touch on an excellent Daryl Horgan inswinging cross to put HIBS ahead Marc McNulty converted a penalty after SDG was impeded inside the box

This was the first defeat for Accies under new boss Brian Rice

Hibs Rocky Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson Milligan Slivka Mallan Horgan Kamberi and McNulty

Subs Omeonga Shaw Allan

Att 16265

16/2/2016 Scottish Cup Round 5 Replay

Hibernian 1 v 0 Hearts

Cummings 4

https://youtu.be/g2FdCibtMhk

Jase was told by Alan Stubbs not to over - do the celebrations All he did was stand with his hands outstretched in silence in front of the Jambos after a fourth minute tap-in as if to say ‘ This is what you could’ve won!’

Jase was sent off for a second bookable offence in the 78th minute

HIBS Oxley Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson Bartley Henderson Thomson McGinn Stokes and Cummings

Augustyn of Hearts was sent off in 76 minutes

Subs Carmichael Boyle Keatings

Att 19443

16/2/2013 Scottish League SPL

St Mirren 0 v 1 Hibernian

Griffiths pen 72

16/2/2002 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 1 v 1 Dunfermline Athletic

Townsley

Derek Townsley’s late equaliser was not enough to save Franck Sauzee’s job as HIBS Manager

A legend as a player and idolised by hibs fans Franck had only been in charge for 69 days during which time HIBS had only won one game a Scottish Cup replay against Stranraer drawing six and losing eight

HIBS Colgan Martin Smith Murray Caldwell Wiss Orman De La Cruz Arpinon Brewster and O’Connor

Subs Townsley Riordan Hurtado

Att 9800

16/2/1993 Scottish League Premier Division

Partick Thistle 0 v 3 Hibernian

McGinlay 2
    Weir

16/2/1986 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 1 v 0 Ayr United

Eddie May 92

Ally MacLeod’s ultra defensive Ayr United thought they had done enough to earn a replay but Eddie May struck just on the final whistle

HIBS did not help their fans’ nerves by missing a penalty

The winners would face Celtic at home

Bring it on

Hibs Rough Sneddon Munro Chisholm Fulton Hunter Kane May Cowan Durie and Collins

Subs Rae Tortolano

Att 10200

Footnote : This tie was played on a Sunday

16/2/1974 Scottish Cup Round 4

St Johnstone 1 v 3 Hibernian

O’Rourke 3 (1 pen) 32 59 89

A quite brilliant hat-trick by Jimmy O’Rourke taking him up to 18 for the season

All of the goals can be seen in this clip

https://youtu.be/cK2MBVjZa50

Jim Pearson scored for Saints

Joe Harper was ineligible for this game

Hibs McArthur Spalding Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Edwards O’Rourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan

Att 10800

16/2/1970 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 4 v 1 Dundee

Duncan 2
    Stanton
    McBride

A Monday night fixture under the lights

Local lad Jim Steele scored for Dundee

Hibs Marshall Shevlane McEwan Blackley Black Stanton Graham Hunter McBride Murphy and Duncan

Att 6500

16/2/1965 Scottish League Division One

Kilmarnock 4 v 3 Hibernian

Martin 2
    Quinn

A setback for HIBS’ title race hopes with Hamilton Stevenson and Davis all hitting the post but Manager Jock Stein did not agree :

“ Second half lapses in defence contributed to our one goal defeat but there is quite a bit to go in the Championship and there will be many upsets before the League is decided “

Bertie Black 2, Eric Murray and Andy King scored for high flying Killie

Hibs Wilson Fraser Davis Stanton McNamee Baxter Quinn Hamilton Cormack Martin and Stevenson

Att 10500

16/2/1952 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 5 v 0 St Mirren

Reilly 2
    Ormond 2
    Smith

Hibs would win the League in this season

Hibs Younger Govan Howie Combe Paterson Gallacher Smith Johnstone Reilly Turnbull and Ormond

Att 30000

Birthdays:

David Crawford

Gerry Adair

Willie Hamilton RIP

In Colours Green and White John Campbell

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 16-02-2021 at 07:11 PM.

My answer to the above would be the same as the answer to the following question:

What do you call a Deer with no Eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    My answer to the above would be the same as the answer to the following question:

What do you call a Deer with no Eyes?
    My answer would be : What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    My answer would be : What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?

Sorry, still no eye deer...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Roberto Martinez?
    Correct! He looked like he had just come off the beach! Amazing to think he now manages #1 country in the world.

17/2/2018 Scottish League Premiership

Hibernian 2 v 0 Aberdeen

Boyle 45
    Kamberi 60

A brilliant performance from HIBS. Martin Boyle gave HIBS the lead when he headed in a blocked Jamie MacLaren drive just after the interval. Florian Kamberi increased HIBS’ lead on the hour when he expertly swivelled in the box and buried a low drive past Woodman

Hibs Rocky Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson Boyle McGeouch McGinn Allan Kamberi and MacLaren

Subs Bartley Swanson

Att 19551

17/2/2008 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 3 v 1 Aberdeen

Zemmama 49
    Shiels 55
    Fletcher 90

https://youtu.be/iCwkQ5xJuvw

Aberdeen were on a high after drawing 2-2 with the mighty Bayern Munich in midweek and took the lead through Zander Diamond after 18 minutes

Merouane Zemmama equalised on 49 minutes with a free-kick following a Diamond foul on Colin Nish kissing the ball before dispatching it past Jamie Langfield from 25 yards

HIBS now had their tails up and Dean Shiels scored from a tight angle after being put clean through on goal by Steven Fletcher his first attempt having been saved by Langfield

Steven Fletcher who had been attracting the attention of Real Madrid sealed the points for HIBS with a late header from a John Rankin cross

Hibs Ma-Kalambay Gathuessi Hogg Jones Zarabi Shiels Zemmama Murray Rankin Fletcher and Nish

Subs Morais O’Brien

Att 13825

17/2/2001 Scottish Cup Round 4

Stirling Albion 2 v 3 Hibernian

Sauzee
    O’Neil
    McManus

Hibs just managed to squeeze past Stirling Albion at fog bound Forthbank

The home side took a shock lead when Chris Templeman fired a left footed strike past Nick Colgan from 20 yards after 4 minutes

Mixu Paatelainen then had a header brilliantly saved by ex Easter Road incumbent Chris Reid HIBS drew level on 10 minutes when Russell Latapy was tripped outside the box Referee John Rowbotham waved a red at Kevin Gaughan through the fog and Le God curled the ball around the wall into the net

HIBS took the lead when John O’Neil fired home David Zitelli’s low left wing cross after 26 minutes

Stirling Albion were far from done however and equalised when Franck Sauzee pulled John Millar down in the box in the 54th minute and Ally Graham fired home high past Colgan

Hibs stepped up the pressure and found Chris Reid to be in superb form bringing off two excellent saves from Paul Fenwick no less

Tam The Man McManus came off the bench to fire home the winner from a Latapy pass in the 78th minute

Hibs Colgan Sauzee Fenwick Smith Laursen Latapy O’Neil Jack Murray Paatelainen and Zitelli

Sub McManus

Att 3673

17/2/1997 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 1 v 1 Celtic

Jackson pen 83

Darren Jackson equalises a 16th minute Phil O’Donnell strike to keep HIBS in the Cup

17/2/1990 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 2 v 1 Dunfermline Athletic

Hamilton
    Sneddon

17/2/1982 Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Hibernian 1 v 1 Dundee United

Paterson

The replay of the tragic encounter at Tannadice and Billy Kirkwood scrambled home a 90th minute equaliser to take the game into extra time after Craig Paterson had given HIBS a first half lead

A second replay would be required

17/2/1980 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 2 v 0 Ayr United

Lambie
    Macleod

Dearie me!

I can still feel the sense of massive disappointment when the PA announced before kick off that #11 would be Willie Murray

15000 like minded souls had gathered (and it seemed like more) for a Sunday afternoon Scottish Cup tie in the days before wall to wall live streaming and Sky Sports

This was of course the weekend of his infamous drinking session with the French Rugby team and George Best would be put up for sale in the morning

The match itself was a good old fashioned competitive Cup tie with Ayr United putting up a good show played in the best spirit of the game with Duncan Lambie and Ally MacLeod scoring either side of half-time

Ayr had some decent players Steve Nicol, Robert Connor and Jim McSherry indeed Robert Connor is still convinced to this day that a first half strike that cannoned off the underside of the crossbar bounced miles over the line

Hibs McArthur Brazil Lambie Rae Paterson McNamara Callachan MacLeod Higgins Campbell and Murray

Subs Duncan for Higgins

17/2/1951 Scottish League Division One

Morton 2 v 4 Hibernian

Reilly 2
    Turnbull 2

This game played in a gale force wind put HIBS one point ahead of Dundee with three games in hand at the top of the League

17/2/1940 Scottish Regional League Eastern Division

Hibernian 2 v 1 Kings Park

Walls pen
    Birse

Stewart scored for Kings Park in a tight game in which Rab Walls missed a penalty in the second half after scoring a penalty in the first minute

Kings Park were a senior team from Stirling who unfortunately did not survive the war Their Forthbank Stadium was damaged by a 2000lb Hermann bomb dropped from a Luftwaffe plane in 1941

From the ashes of Kings Park would rise Stirling Albion Football Club in 1945

Birthdays:

Stevie Cowan

Hibernian FC On This Day. Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-02-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    A per usual, I was on the Artisan bus to the game at Tannadice and when we got back, everybody was desperate to find out if any of their mates were on the bus that crashed and if they were OK.

I was just a kid and didn't know anybody else that had travelled up but there were quite a few adults from our bus in a bit of a panic.
    Missed this mentioned the other day.

I was on the Livi bus that day. Scary and surreal. RIP Mark McGhee. He was only 14 but still remembered by all who were there that day. Hard to believe its 39 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The United replay 😆

Last minute...a goal up.. Benny puts it out for a corner when there was nobody near him. United scored from the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The United replay 😆

Last minute...a goal up.. Benny puts it out for a corner when there was nobody near him. United scored from the corner.

Forever stuck in my mind, as I was in the South (Wing) Stand that night and shouting for him to pass the ball to me.

@hibs.net private member
    The United replay 😆

Remember that well. Particularly as my family are Arabs. We didn't get a lot of victories against them at the time and it would have been great to stick it up them.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    The win against Aberdeen 3 years ago when we remembered Liam Miller is one of my favourite memories from the Lennon era. We absolutely battered them.

they had humped us 4-1 just before Christmas but our win was more emphatic. Could have easily been five or six

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    The win against Aberdeen 3 years ago when we remembered Liam Miller is one of my favourite memories from the Lennon era. We absolutely battered them.

they had humped us 4-1 just before Christmas but our win was more emphatic. Could have easily been five or six
    Aberdeen fans were superb at that game. They started the chant of there's only one Liam Miller, Respect.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The United replay 😆

I remember it as Benny attempting a pass back to the keeper to keep possession, that went out, rather than him putting it out.
    He got yet more stick for years and years. If he hadn't attempted the pass back, he could have booted it, out lost possession anyway, and still get slaughtered by the hoardes. It was part of being Benny I suppose, I loved him.

Billy Kirkwood, that **** on the other hand

18/2/2017 Scottish League Championship

Raith Rovers 1 v 1 Hibernian

Cummings 60

New Raith Rovers Manager John Hughes got a standing ovation as he took his seat in the Starks Park dug out

Ex Hearts midfielder Ryan Stevenson gave Raith the lead after 54 minutes when he rifled in a half volley from 22 yards into the top corner of the net. Jason Cummings equalised six minutes later with a wonderful free-kick from just outside the box

HIBS extended their lead at the top of the table to seven points with an admittedly insipid performance that brought this response from Manager Neil Lennon:

”We were an absolute disgrace- a disgrace We had the right colour of jersey on ( yellow) today You can’t turn up and play for 30 minutes We were abject We are going for a title here and trying to extend our lead but we totally disrespected the opponent I am not happy with that at all and that is creeping in far too often “

Hibs Rocky Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson Bartley Fyvie McGinn Keatings Cummings and Graham

Subs Humphrey Boyle Holt

Att 4172

18/2/1995 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 2 v 0 Motherwell

McGinlay
    Harper

18/2/1989 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 2 v 1 Motherwell

Collins
    May

18/2/1967 Scottish Cup Round 2

Hibernian 1 v 0 Berwick Rangers

Scott 42

30000 fans turned up at Easter Road many expecting an upset and to witness Hibernian take on little Berwick Rangers who had knocked out big Rangers at home in the previous round

Many were to leave disappointed as Jim Scott scored the only goal of the game just before half-time
    Berwick Rangers’ goalkeeper and Captain Jock Wallace saved a Jim Scott penalty in the latter stages of the match

Berwick had fought bravely but in truth were never in the match and kicked everything that moved HIBS were the better side and had the bulk of the play but Berwick thought they had scored when Thomson Allan clawed away a ball that appeared to have crossed the line half way through the first half

Jim Scott scored with a speculative shot from 20 yards that Wallace appeared to have covered but miscalculated the flight of the ball went down like a carthorse and the ball flew into the empty net

Eric Stevenson relates in his biography that Jock Wallace had told his marker Gordon Haig “ If Stevie goes for a piss at half-time you go with him”

Berwick Rangers left the field of play to a standing ovation in recognition of a gallant cup run in which they had showed determination and true grit but had also played some good football and did not look out of place against higher League opposition

Hibs Allan Duncan Davis Stanton Madsen Cousin Quinn O’Rourke Scott Cormack and Stevenson

Att 29911

18/2/1959 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 1 v 0 Aberdeen

Gibson

18/2/1950 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 6 v 1 Motherwell

Smith 6 26 37
    Turnbull 10
    Ormond 22
    Reilly 81

Birthdays:

Paul Dalglish

Ivan Sproule

https://youtu.be/KKXlgf37iFQ

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-02-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Could watch Ivan's hat trick all day. What a player Scotty B was back then.

Ivan Sproule

https://youtu.be/KKXlgf37iFQ

www.fitbastats.com[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid there was no sporting ovation from my part of the ground at the Berwick game! Not only was every tackle a foul but there was a huge amount of off the ball stuff to try and intimidate us which was quite unusual in domestic football then. My memory(probably faulty)is that they had one attempt at goal which was deflected and Thomson Allan had a good save followed by an attempt to kick him as he pulled the ball from the line .

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’m afraid there was no sporting ovation from my part of the ground at the Berwick game! Not only was every tackle a foul but there was a huge amount of off the ball stuff to try and intimidate us which was quite unusual in domestic football then. My memory(probably faulty)is that they had one attempt at goal which was deflected and Thomson Allan had a good save followed by an attempt to kick him as he pulled the ball from the line .

Eric Stevenson said they were a typical Jock Wallace team

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Eric Stevenson said they were a typical Jock Wallace team

Yeh. Red hot on the dunes.

I love this thread but I hope I'm not the only one who often thinks "I would have been at that" but can't remember it at all, even when there's footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I love this thread but I hope I'm not the only one who often thinks "I would have been at that" but can't remember it at all, even when there's footage?
    Me tae
    Memory like a sieve.
    i know i was at many away games in my youth, but remember so few details unless something unusual happened, and that would likely be in the pub before ,or
    on the terracing, rather than the pitch

Best memories before drink set in
    2nd january games at Starks Park
    and that game v Dunfermline at East End Park we won 6.5

Home game memories usually involved drink, during floodlight games, versus European teams .

Good memories of Hibernian showing the Continentals and the English that we could play a bit

Against the continentals we have always stood the test .........
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 18-02-2021 at 02:19 PM.

This thread is great for us oldies Billy. I seem to remember more from the late sixties early seventies probably because we were more successful and was a bit of a football anorak back then.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This thread is great for us oldies Billy. I seem to remember more from the late sixties early seventies probably because we were more successful and was a bit of a football anorak back then.

Great times and great players We thought it would always be like this

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Does anyone have footage of the 2-0 SC 4th Round Motherwell game mentioned above?

IIRC I'm in the footage celebrating in the cowshed when Harper lobs the ball over the keeper for the 2nd goal.

19/2/2005 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 4 v 0 Dundee

O’Connor 2
    Whittaker
    Fletcher

Hibs consolidated their position in third place with this fine win over Dundee. Jim Duffy’s side had Tam McManus making his return to Easter Road

Hibs struggled to find their rhythm and twice Dundee forward Steve Lovell came close to scoring. Hibs made the breakthrough however just before half-time when a high ball over the top found Derek Riordan bearing down on goal and although Derek Soutar did well to parry his initial shot Garry O’Connor came rushing in from the angle of the six yard box to fire home

HIBS increased their lead two minutes into the second half. Steven Whittaker ran in from deep his first touch was exquisite as he knocked the ball past his opponent before lashing the ball high into the net with a right footed shot

Dundee had decent chances to get back into the game but these chances were squandered by McManus and Lovell. They would live to regret those chances as a double in two minutes from Steven Fletcher and Garry O’Connor effectively ended the game as a contest

Hibs Brown Whittaker Murphy Caldwell Smith Fletcher A Murray Glass Riordan O’Connor and Morrow

Subs Konte S Brown McCluskey

Att 11000

19/2/2000 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 1 v 1 Clydebank

Hartley 66

Full back Tom Smith was sent off after 37 minutes

Lee Gardner gave the Bankies the lead from the penalty spot on 63 minutes before Paul Hartley equalised minutes later

In a frantic finish Clydebank substitute Colin Sutherland was sent off with five minutes to go

Hibs would win the replay 3-0

HIBS Colgan Collins Smith Hughes Jack Murray Brebner Sauzee Hartley Paatelainen and Miller

Subs Lovell Lehmann

Att 10000

19/2/1977 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 1 Partick Thistle

Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith’s strike was cancelled out by Denis McQuade

19/2/1972 Scottish League Division One

Falkirk 2 v 3 Hibernian

Hamilton
    Gordon
    Baker

A firecracker of a game that exploded into life when Johnny Hamilton put HIBS ahead after only 10 seconds

Doug Somner and Alex Ferguson scored for Falkirk. Alan Gordon and Joe Baker (returning from injury scored the winner from the bench with a brilliant full length diving header) replied for the hi-bees

Denis Setterington ( booked) and Ferguson ( sent off ) for protesting Baker’s goal as they thought Johnny Hamilton was in an offside position when he crossed the ball in

On a sour note Alex Cropley was carried off with a broken ankle following a poor challenge from Sir Alex Ferguson

Hibs Herriot Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Hamilton O’Rourke Gordon Cropley and Davidson

Subs Baker

Att 7407

19/2/1958 Scottish Cup Round 2 Replay

Hibernian 2 v 0 Dundee United

Frye 50
    Baker 68

Lawrie Leslie had to look lively against Second Division Dundee United in a close first half at Easter Road but HIBS persevered and second half goals from John Frye and a peach from Joe Baker took HIBS through

The winners would play runaway League leaders Hearts at Tynecastle in a mouth watering Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Never say never !

Hibs Leslie Macfarlane McClelland Turnbull Paterson Baxter Frye Fox Baker Preston and Ormond

Att 24550

19/2/1949 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 0 v 1 Rangers

Defending Champions HIBS lost this match which was effectively a title decider at Easter Road

After a thoroughly entertaining first half a fierce challenge by Willie Woodburn on Bobby Combe left HIBS down to ten men for most of the second half

Rangers capitalised when Paton headed home a Waddell cross after 70 minutes. Gordon Smith thought he had equalised but could only watch in disbelief as Bobby Brown leapt across goal to turn his effort out for a corner

Hibs Kerr Govan Cairns Finnigan Kean Buchanan Smith Combe Plumb Turnbull and Ormond

Att 50000

Birthdays:

George McNeill

At Easter Road They Play John Campbell

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 19-02-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Spoke to a guy who played for Motherwell at centre half, he mentioned that Fergie was not adverse to leaving his mark on the opposition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Spoke to a guy who played for Motherwell at centre half, he mentioned that Fergie was not adverse to leaving his mark on the opposition.
    Erich Schaedler tried to leave his mark on Fergie after the match. Fergie hid in the dressing room until after the Hibs bus left. The imprints of Shades studs may still be on the dressing room door!!